Reissdorf Kölsch | Brauerei Heinrich Reissdorf

Added by Todd on 11-15-2001

Ratings: 1,249 |  Reviews: 605

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

3.85/5  rDev 0%

Enjoyed this 12oz bottle out of a large snifter glass.

A: Pours a clear golden hue with a 3-finger, white, frothy head that slowly dissipates down the glass and ends in a solid lace.

S: Crisp and clean malty aroma with a slight hop scent.

T: Malty flavor with a slight tart bitter hop flavor. Finishes on the dry side of tart.

M: Medium body and medium carbonation.

O: Not a huge fan of Kolsch but this was by far the best I have tried. Wouldn’t grab it again but glad I tried it.

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

3.5/5  rDev -9.1%

2.5/5  rDev -35.1%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

4.75/5  rDev +23.4%

4.25/5  rDev +10.4%

4.97/5  rDev +29.1%

Pours a beautiful, crystal clear, golden wheat color topped by an egg-shell white head that has a soft texture and a perfect consistency. Served in a strange glass.

The aroma is a gentle hop aroma filled with fresh grass and herbs, followed by a hay-like malt aroma, which is simple yet elegant at the same time.

Reissdorf Kolsch is a perfectly-balanced beer with Noble hops up front, with a slightly bitter finish and sweet biscuit malts in the aftertaste.

Texture is excellent with a creamy mouthfeel and a lively carbonation. Finishes really smooth.

This has got to be the pinnacle of the kolsch style. Just a fantastic beer, and I wish that this was something more available in our area. I think this beer is a must try for any true beer lover. Just amazing!

Pair this beer with pretzels, landjagers and any kind of wursts!

Purchased at the Wine Source in Baltimore, MD.

3.92/5  rDev +1.8%

Poured into a Parkbrau Pils glass on 8/23/12

Shiny, clear golden yellow with a two finger head of bright white foam. The foam doesn't last for terribly long; a diminished layer remains after only a few minutes. Hardly any lace. Still, it was a sharp looking beer for a short spell.

The aroma strikes me as interesting - it's not nearly as grainy as I would have figured. Instead, there are floral and grassy notes, lemon, honey and delicate light fruit notions. Swirling the glass draws out crackers and buttered biscuit.

Hmm. Tastes hoppier than I might expect, too. The front end is awash in grassy hops with citric bite in the middle and mild bitterness lingering on the finish. Neat. The hops are rounded out with toasty, fairly neutral grains. This tastes just fine to me.

Crisp and fast seem sufficient to describe the feel. The body is light and geared toward drinkability. All the while carbonation is bubbly, carrying the beer off with astounding ease.

Dang, I want more of this. Multiple pints, please.

4.2/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a pint glass
A: 1.5 finger of fizzy white head with good retention. Would be better if it was more pillowy. Crystal clear pale wan yellow. Decent, not 100% enticing. Good for the style, sans the head. No head remains after a bit.
S: Grain and slightly skunky hops. Metallic aroma detracts. No esters/yeast aroma. Maybe some apple must aroma, a nice addition!
T: Clean, slightly bright apple, no off flavors. Apple juice is strong, some herbal hops are present. Hard to get more than that...My gut tells me that it's a fine representation of the style.
M: Smooth, silky, refreshing
O: Fine quality. I'd love another. Great warm day beer. I'd buy 6 of these.

4.05/5  rDev +5.2%

I picked out this beer to pair with barbeque, as well as a last hurrah for summer. Kolsch's just remind me of the warm summer months.

On the pour I get a golden yellow with about two fingers of light foam. This was less foam than I expected, but that didn't affect my scoring.

On the pour I picked up a little grape off the top. As the beer I smell some redder grape flavor. It is pretty sweet.

The flavor has more of the European hop presence. I also pick up some of the graininess.

This is a very easy to drink beer. I recommend it for the last outdoor occasions until you have to put your shorts away (until next summer).

Reissdorf Kölsch from Brauerei Heinrich Reissdorf