Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen | Utah Brewers Cooperative

utahbeers.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by beernut7 on 08-25-2002

4.94/5  rDev +43.2%

This one pours a light and clear golden color with a thick long lived white head that leaves almost no lacing down the glass.

The nose is breaded fruit with a hint of hops. the apricot presents as floral with notes of black grapes, apples and yeast. Not complex but perfect for this particular style.

The taste is perfect. I love this beer. A simple, flavorful heffe that is brought to life by the apricots. It is not too fruity and has a nice dry bead that the fruit floats on. The finish is clean and light. The flavors are rich with notes of crisp peppery hops, some black pepper, bread, apples, apricots (obviously) cherries and blueberry. The apricots are an element and do not dominate. Exceptionally well done and balanced flavor.

The moutfeel is rich but not heavy. this one is effervescent and is perfect for a 90 degree humid day. I tried after working on my riding mower (repairing) for a few hours out int he hot sun and it was orgasmic after that.

Overall this is one awesome beer and will be a regular in our house.

4.92/5  rDev +42.6%

4.75/5  rDev +37.7%

4.74/5  rDev +37.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Tasted this at the ABCF 2015. It was a top choice!

4.64/5  rDev +34.5%

Very light flavorful beer. Minor sediment at the bottom of the bottle. I really like this beer. If you are a fruit fan I'd recommend it.

4.6/5  rDev +33.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +30.4%

Quite good. Rivals the apricot brew from Pyramid.

4.5/5  rDev +30.4%

Really nice fruit flavor. Tasted like real apricots instead of like soda pop.

4.46/5  rDev +29.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

This beer was surprisingly refreshing and flavorful. I'm usually not one for "fruity" beers, but this is very much worth the adventure. Good job UBC!

4.34/5  rDev +25.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Sampled on 10/4/13. Chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler. Poured into a 'V" shape pilsner glass.

Pours a hazy golden yellow in color with a small thin white head. Some light lacing was seen when sipped. The aroma was very nice of fresh sweet apricots and wheat. Perfect carbonation. The taste was pretty much like the smell. Not overly sweet like might be though. Perfect balance. Overall a great apricot hefeweizen.

4.33/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I enjoy a Hefeweizen with a nice head and this one wasn't much, but other than that it was excellent. I had it on tap at J.L. Beers in Sioux Falls. Fruity apricot both in the smell and the taste was perfect. It drank smooth like a hefe should, and I was compelled to have a second. Definitely a keeper!

4.28/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.2/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Good warm weather beer, more apricot than hefe but It's exactly what I wanted.

4.2/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.25

Excellent beer for any summer occasion. A bit like a shandy. A good example of an apricot fruit beer...sweet and crisp with a distinct apricot flavor.

4.19/5  rDev +21.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.17/5  rDev +20.9%

From the Wasatch/Squatters summer sampler, I like this beer, but it's not a universally-accessible taste. My partner says that it tasted like potpourri, which I can imagine. It has some floral notes in it, but it tastes obviously like apricot to me.

Cloudy hefe body with basically no head. It smells like natural whole apricots, as if one were cut in half before you. Strikingly good scent.

The taste is weaker than that. Apricot is still there, but it's not overpowering. Has a nice wheat malt taste that I wish was more prevalent. These two flavors go together very well, and I compliment Wasatch for the composition. Carbonation feels about right to me (I'm not fond of overly carbonated brews), and the beer has some gravity in the mouth; very nice. Lingering apricot aftertaste.

It's highly drinkable, and I think would make a good lead for a night of beer drinking. Goes down quickly if that's what you want, and as a Utah 4%, it doesn't overly intoxicate.

4.14/5  rDev +20%

Just tried this last night, really liked the full body taste with the hint of apricot. I highly recommend this one, it's a very good Hefeweizen.

4.13/5  rDev +19.7%

Good flavor. Little light feel. But great taste

4.1/5  rDev +18.8%

Pored from 12oz bottle(room temp) a nice cloudy light gold with a huge head of foam that sharnk slowly leaving a solid layer with some lacing hugging the side of my glass.

The smell is big on the apricot, which I like, and has some sweet malt in there as well as a touch of sourness.

The taste is very apricot but it's not over done. It has a nice bit of sweetness with the tanginess that you expect from this fruit and makes for a pretty darned good fruit beer. I like this one. And at 4%abv(on the label) it went down very easy. I could drink quite a few of these at one session!

Bottom line: A low alcohol brew that literally yells out...I'm a sesssion brew! I recommend it.
Thanks to Wasatch for giving me a chance to taste this tasty beer!

4.01/5  rDev +16.2%

Pretty heavy on the apricot. You could drink a few of these on a hot summer day!

Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen from Utah Brewers Cooperative