Wasatch Jalapeño Cream Ale | Utah Brewers Cooperative

Alströms:

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
3.5/5  rDev -4.9%

4.58/5  rDev +24.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Delicious piquant beer served with Hispanic food fare as a wonderful compliment to Camarones de diablo. Smooth cream ale with a fresh jalepeno bite just hard enough to whet your appetite for more. Has a nice foam, light body, beautiful light amber color. What's not to like.

3.74/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.89/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.02/5  rDev -17.9%

4.98/5  rDev +35.3%

Love the aroma, incredible taste of fresh green jalapeños.

3.83/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.04/5  rDev +9.8%

look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.55/5  rDev -30.7%

Big pepper on the smell but much milder in taste and feel, while still maintaining the cream ale base

3.7/5  rDev +0.5%

4.25/5  rDev +15.5%

3.68/5  rDev 0%

I guess people who drink beer typically don't like spicy food judging from this thread. I however really liked this beer. It is spicy the jalapeno is definitely there. I am glad I had this beer with food. The mouthfeel is a cream ale kind of that frothy silky smooth texture. The aroma is that of vegetable, and the taste as I have noted spicy. Mixing a strong spice with a cream ale though is creative and the latter balances it out, a good style to mix with jalapenos. Overall I would not buy a six pack of this, but it is something I am very happy to have tried. It is creative.

4.5/5  rDev +22.3%

3.67/5  rDev -0.3%

this isn't retired at all, its on right now at Wasatch park city. the pour is like a standard pale ale, light copper in color with an inch of white sturdy head. the nose is wow! fresh jalapeno peppers, some of them may be roasted slightly, but the vegetable component is robust in the nose. there is also malty forward, pale and crystal malts, but the peppers really dominate. the flavor starts off wonderfully peppery and hoppy, balanced expertly, and really downright delicious, but then it starts to get hot, then hotter, then hotter yet, and finally your whole mouth is on fire. the heat burns the throat and stays with you for far too long. I like the pepper flavor, and think its balanced well by the other ingredients, but I really don't care for all this heat. like a shot of hot sauce. a pint would be a challenge for me. the fine carbonation and creamy medium body are overwhelmed by the heat. overall a cool beer to try, especially if you like that jalapeno fire, but hardly a session beer! whew!

1.74/5  rDev -52.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Beer is not retired as I just had one at the wasatch brew pub in park city tonight. I couldn't resist trying as it sounded so different, I had wish I stayed away. The beers appearance is as good as it gets, smell is just of the jalapeño. Taste is completely dominated by jalapeño again, for me it was to the point that I could barely drink the beer. All spice and heat with a lot of pepper taste. Overall this was one of the worst beers I've had, I could barely drink it and only finished it with the help of my buddy. It literally made my stomach upset. I was hoping hoping the "cream ale" part would have counterbalanced the jalapeño to make a balanced beer, unfortunately the jalapeño dominates everything.

4.5/5  rDev +22.3%