Conquest

From:
Solemn Oath Brewery

Illinois, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Notes:
Reviews: 7 | Ratings: 43 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
4.29/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

The sum is greater than the individual parts. Other Brewers should take note of the release of this collab. First, I've never seen better packaging. The bottle holder is really cool, the bottle artwork is tasteful with a nice wax job, and the poster is really really badass. But secondly, they did an online sale of this bottle and even though I live 1,000 miles away, all I had to do was email the brewery and tell them my brother was picking it up for me. AND anyone picking up bottles got a free pour! So my brother did some work for me, but was rewarded a free beer! Rock on SO!

Pours like a classic tripel. The taste was very balanced. I was afraid of a sugar bomb or waves of vanilla, but it was very subtle. I really liked the feel, which was hot...not fusel, but it was pleasant.

4.01/5  rDev -1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

L - Pours a bright semi-opaque yellow with an eggshell colored head. Good retention and lacing to the head.

S - With all of the adjuncts, the nose is somewhat muted to me. Picking up the normal tripel flavors and that's about it.

T - But the taste, I'm loving it! And I'm not usually one for a belgian beer. The adjuncts shine! Cocoa nibs and cinnamon are really up front. Some vanilla and may'be a touch of coconut afterwards. Tripel flavors through and through.

F - Medium bodied and medium carbonation. Perfect for the style.

O - A very nice beer that really makes a simple beer intriguing.

4.62/5  rDev +14.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Conquest is probably the best Tripel I may ever have had....and I am not a Belgian guy....but this one is really good. It poured a golden clear with almost non-existent white head and no lace. The scent had more of the cocoa and vanilla. The taste started sweet but finished with a strong cinnamon spice. I didn't taste much coconut or vanilla. The mouthfeel was fuller in body with subtle carbonation. Very appreciative to have had a chance to try this one.....very good!

4.15/5  rDev +2.5%

Beautiful clear yellow with small bubbles. Pure white fluffy head. Very refreshing and crisp with that yeasty smell/taste you would expect from a tripel.I could not distinguish all the adjuncts. Overall a very nice beer.

22 ounce bottle into a tulip glass.

Pours a bright yellow gold. Clear, especially for the style. Quickly dissipating medium head, some soapy cling. Smell is Belgian yeast, light malt- the Pils malt really stands out, maybe a hint of coconut. Seems like I should be able to pick up a little more than this. Taste again leads with the yeast, light malts, some vanilla. The cocoa nibs definitely add flavor, but more as a part of the base than something you can pick out by itself. Not a sweet beer. Smooth, dry, refreshing, solid body.

Liked this better than the review reads. It's a good Tripel. if not a traditional one. But, there were a whole lot of add- ins here, and they were pretty invisible for the most part. Have one more, we'll let it sit a few months.

4.83/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I am not a huge tripel fan but i loved this. Very good look and smell, taste not far off and filled with lots of complexity. I was finding it hard to believe that all those flavors would come out, but i definitely taste a variety of flavors in there. i can definitely taste the coconut and vanilla notes, would like a little more cocao in there but overall a very stellar collaboration. gave me a new respect for tripels.

4.25/5  rDev +4.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This is a collaboration between The Bruery and Solemn Oath. Had on tap, but available in bottles now. This is a well done triple brewed with the addition of cocoa nibs, toasted coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. It tastes like a very well done classic triple with some cocoa flavor. I can't distinguish the other flavors, however the blend is good and it tastes great. If you like triples, definitely worth a try.

Conquest from Solemn Oath Brewery