Ravaged By Vikings

Gots
SCORE
Very Good
Ravaged By VikingsRavaged By Vikings
Notes: Rich caramel malt sweetness is beaten over the head with bright, fresh American hop flavors of grapefruit citrus, pine and tropical fruit in our double IPA. This beer is the bigger, more successful brother of Kidnapped by Vikings.
Reviews: 19 | Ratings: 181 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by Mild_Bill:
1.54/5  rDev -61.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.75

It looks really good in appearance, I received very high recommendations from my local beer store. However after taste and further review, I feel that it is less than satisfactory.

I got from a local store that is respectable, so i know it is not because of how it was handled or stored. I drank it fresh. However it was anything but special.

Appearance: This was the best part, looked like it had orange glow, made me excited to taste.
Smell: The smell was average, it was sweet but more of a sour odor.
Taste: You can barely taste the grapefruit. There is no strong flavor presence, kind of a let down.
Mouth feel: A liquid taste, nothing to write home about.
Overall: Never buy again. Not the worst choice in life, but not a good one. It tastes casual. If you have drank everything under the sun but this, then give it a chance. But I would buy/try anything else.

I would suggest give it a chance, to say you tried it. But if you are limited, try something else.

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

3.75/5  rDev -6.3%

4.22/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.19/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

The only other beer I've had from these guys is Butterfly Flashmob ( on tap ) which I enjoyed. They just started bottling so I had to pick this up when I saw it at Binnys.
Poured from 22oz bottle ( no date ) into snifter.

look - white head, settled with some decent lacing. Color of the beer is a sunburst orange with a slight haze

smell - citrus dominates. grapefruit, tangerine, piney, hops

taste - a bit of malty sweetness is nicely balanced with some citrus flavors and a hop bite

mouthfeel - medium body, on the lower carb side, a bit oily, but finishes dry

overall - nice balanced DIPA - very drinkable - I really liked it! . I usually don't buy bombers too often, but at $7.99 it's not as bad as buying an FFF DIPA bomber at 50% higher cost and almost as good.

4.18/5  rDev +4.5%