Busch Signature Copper Lager | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014

I love this beer and you took it away now I can't find anything that tastes as good. Please can I have it back?
Thanks
Rhonda Bahr
From Rathdrum ID

3.86/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.65/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.17/5  rDev +1.9%

Looks: Pours a beautiful copper color with a nice white head and extremely small bubbles. Surprisingly, the head lingers throughout the tasting.

Smell: Cloyingly sweet with a hint of caramel. If you try real hard, you can imagine smelling something resembling hops.

Taste: Sweet with a caramel flavor

Body: Very light body

Overall: For the price, it is an awesome beer. I sometimes wonder if they just put their Black Crown into a Busch can.

4.27/5  rDev +37.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I heard today that Busch Signature Copper Lager Beer will be discontinued. Is this really true, I love this beer.

3.01/5  rDev -3.2%

From a 25 fl oz can with a date of 15Sep16 on the bottom whatever that signifies. Sampled on November 12, 2016.

Handsome looking copper amber pour under a short lasting white head. Nice clarity.

Strong sweet caramel, brown bed, and syrup like aroma. Low to no hop profile.

Light and chewy body.

The taste may be over the top sweet with caramel but it is a far cry from its otherwise ordinary big brother Busch regular. Mild finish. Better than you might think.

3.44/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.67/5  rDev -14.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.5/5  rDev +12.5%

3.52/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev +12.5%

This beer is ok for an American macro lager on the cheep. I got a 25oz can for $2. It's actually better than I thought and I would actually buy this again if I was looking for extremely cheap beer

2.48/5  rDev -20.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.61/5  rDev +16.1%

Well well well you never can tell! Found this at the Food Lion here in Denver of the East. Couldn't resist because I am fairly broke and can't spend $9 for a six pack of what will eventually become piss anyway.
Just kidding I Love me some Chimay but I have a Milwaukee's Best Budget. Yuck.

Anyway this is a pretty good beer. Again if you prize One Off Carrot on a Stick you may turn your nose up at this one.

I give AB an up-vote for this one. Nice summer lager for cheap. A little on the sweet side but tastes good. Almost %6 too!
Smells like American beer from the 1970's. Tastes much better. A tiny bit of hops, some caramel... Oh what the hell do I know about tasting tobacco or cucumbers in beer? Nothing really. I just know what I like.

If you don't have the Jack to get a $35 growler of Super Duper Ultra Bitter. Then try this or PBR.

There I said it. Comparing The Vaulted PBR to an AB product. Damn near Blasphemy I tell you.

Got to the store and get a 12 of this for $2 less than a sixer of Better Beer. I like it. You don't have too.

4.71/5  rDev +51.4%

This beer is pretty good. It's $5.99 for a six pack of tall boys, which are 5.7% alcohol each. That beats Bud Ice (5.5), High Life and PBR (5%), and regular Busch ( also 5%) which all also cost $5.99.

Comes in a gold can with some cursive on it, with one of those plastic things holding them together that you gotta cut up before you can throw away. Looks nice, kinda shiny. Keeps beer cold ish, proudly proclaims 16 fluid ounces at the top.

Tastes like beer, but its that extra 0.7% that really hammers home the fantastic value here, I can get absolutely hammered on six of these where a six pack of pabst is just kind of leaving me hanging.

If you just buy one, you can get it in 25oz which is handy sometimes, comes with a brown paper bag, one of those will get you a pretty good buzz goin' 'cause you have to drink it quickly before your hand makes the bottom quarter of the beer warm.

This is one of my go-to beers for sure. Can't beat it.

4.77/5  rDev +53.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I'm a new guy to the taste testing; most of the double bocks and stouts taste like burnt coffee to me; the IPA's are way too bitter. I've found some wheat ales that are pretty good and Weihenstephaner's Vitus bock beer is pretty good. I'm surprised to find that I really like Shiner bock, though it's just a wee bit on the watered down side at 4.6 ABV?
The Busch Copper Lager tastes similar to Shiner Bock but with a little more body and a wee bit more ABV.
So, bottom line I love it; but still looking.

I love this beer great taste goes down real smooth

3.48/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

I originally bought this beer in a bottled 6-pack because of the label. It looked pretty and nostalgic I guess. Well I really liked it, so I bought a 25oz can from the store tonight after work to do this review.
Look- The best feature of this beer. It pours with a nice thick head that lingers. The beer itself is a very nice almond color that looks like copper, hence the name I guess. Looks like a lighter colored soda pop.
Smell- It smells like a normal American lager. The beer smells of malt upfront with hints of corn and almonds.
Taste- The beer tastes the way it smells, lots of grain. Watered down corn and Maltiness seem to jump out at me. It's got a smooth and very sweet aftertaste. Nothing really jumps out at you as an overpowering flavor though, just bits and pieces.
Feel-The beer goes down very easy and smooth like a normal lager. It is easy Drinking with nothing overpowering.
Overall- This is a beer is not that bad. Even a stingy beer drinker should try this. It's not that bad, but it is a little plain.

3.18/5  rDev +2.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.19/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Picked up a 25 oz can at Lowes Foods. Handsome reddish amber color with orange highlights. Head shows solid resiliancy for a few minutes at least. Nose is caramel malt and sprobably some sugary adjuncts. Call it a guess.

Broad, refreshing character in the taste, with mellow malt flavors and just a hint of hops. Texture could be tightened a touch but for the style holds 5.7% with surprising ease.

This is an inexpensiive option when you just feel like having a basic lager.

3.28/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.04/5  rDev -2.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

$7.88 for a TWELVE pack with a saver grocery card. Couldn't resist not trying this one, especially when I'm used to those $8 bombers.

Poured into a duvel-inspired pint glass. Looks as it says, a murky muddy honey color, with tinges of copper. Opacity/Transparency is 50/50 on this one. The head starts off strong at 3 fingers but as with all A/B products this one can't seem to hold on for very long before diminishing to a small ring. Kudos though, as it's still hanging around and clinging to the glass.

Aroma is sweet and semi-metallic; it has elements of well-executed roast malt and caramel, but still retains a lot of that typical adjunct "beeriness" thanks to some of the dry corn and starch. Overall it just can't escape the grasp of the macro paper-bag-type nature on the nose.

Flavor is extremely sweet and malty, almost cloyingly so. Flavors consist of sweet corn, tomato, dry barley, tobacco, and sugars. The finish is tobacco and caramel, with more sweet corn. It's got an uncanny resemblence to Budweiser regular on the finish.

Feel is starchy and sticky, with a good dose of carbonation welling up towards the middle to help push it down. The finish is starchy and sticky, just as it started.

Overall for the price paid I think I got a pretty decent lager. This isn't going to win any awards and "signature" seems to be a bit over the top, but I guess if that's their signature, this is about as good as we can expect from the Busch line. I don't think this is terrible by any strech, and a helluva lot better than Coors' Killian, and I think I'll enjoy the rest of the 12 pack out of the bottle as the days roll by. Not bad.

2.94/5  rDev -5.5%