Busch Signature Copper Lager | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014

This is a awesome tasting beer. Now all of us are hook on it for parties

Just saw this at Walmart last week and thought I'd take a chance. We LOVE it! I'm not really into the dark or flavored beers and hubby hates them. This is what we're drinking now and are looking fora place that sells it by the case!

I love this beer great taste goes down real smooth

Let me say, that my ratings are based on what it is. This is not a 'craft beer'. This is a grocery getter walmart finder American lager in the cheap economy section as far as beers. Or at least- I hope it leads to that. It is harder to find, though its fairly 'new'.

I enjoy good beer. I enjoy craft beers, micro brews, my brews, my friends brews. But at the end of the day, who can afford to drink specialty beers 100% of the time? Very few. My go-to, cheap in abundance beer has been Busch, for no particular reason other than nostalgia.

I could replace my regular Busch with this hands down. IF this becomes a regular, I will so indeed. There's nothing wrong with cheap American Lagers that are bred for cost savings and bulk. And when you can't enjoy a hearty specialty beer, this is the option for you.

Is it magical? No. Is it the best tasting beer in the world? No. Does the color, smell and pouring-laced glass head give you something to respect? No. But it is what it is! A generic run-of-the-mill American Lager that gives you SOME form of 'specialty beer' ideology while costing the same as that 30 pack of Bud you picked up on sale for $19.99 at a gas station before you're next bonfire.

It HAS smell, it HAS taste, it HAS color!

That's my rating. I'm no beer snob. I'm not a taster. I'm an average guy, who's more into beers than the next average guy.

I love this beer and you took it away now I can't find anything that tastes as good. Please can I have it back?
Thanks
Rhonda Bahr
From Rathdrum ID

4.77/5  rDev +53.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I'm a new guy to the taste testing; most of the double bocks and stouts taste like burnt coffee to me; the IPA's are way too bitter. I've found some wheat ales that are pretty good and Weihenstephaner's Vitus bock beer is pretty good. I'm surprised to find that I really like Shiner bock, though it's just a wee bit on the watered down side at 4.6 ABV?
The Busch Copper Lager tastes similar to Shiner Bock but with a little more body and a wee bit more ABV.
So, bottom line I love it; but still looking.

4.71/5  rDev +51.4%

This beer is pretty good. It's $5.99 for a six pack of tall boys, which are 5.7% alcohol each. That beats Bud Ice (5.5), High Life and PBR (5%), and regular Busch ( also 5%) which all also cost $5.99.

Comes in a gold can with some cursive on it, with one of those plastic things holding them together that you gotta cut up before you can throw away. Looks nice, kinda shiny. Keeps beer cold ish, proudly proclaims 16 fluid ounces at the top.

Tastes like beer, but its that extra 0.7% that really hammers home the fantastic value here, I can get absolutely hammered on six of these where a six pack of pabst is just kind of leaving me hanging.

If you just buy one, you can get it in 25oz which is handy sometimes, comes with a brown paper bag, one of those will get you a pretty good buzz goin' 'cause you have to drink it quickly before your hand makes the bottom quarter of the beer warm.

This is one of my go-to beers for sure. Can't beat it.

4.62/5  rDev +48.6%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I have never been a Busch drinker but after trying this beer I was hooked. This quickly became my favorite macro brew. Sad to see this one go.

4.5/5  rDev +44.7%

4.5/5  rDev +44.7%

4.47/5  rDev +43.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.27/5  rDev +37.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I heard today that Busch Signature Copper Lager Beer will be discontinued. Is this really true, I love this beer.

4.16/5  rDev +33.8%

Comes in talls!! Good alcohol content. A working mans brew for sure!

4.1/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

The thing about this beer is, it's a one trick pony. It's not a brilliant craft lager, but it's the first time I feel Budweiser has produced a lager that's actually worth my time and money. It's tasty, affordable, and there's truly nothing offensive about it. Plus, that 5.7% is a lot more suitable to a craft beer veteran than a Yuengling Amber clocking in at 4.4%. Honestly, in my book it's like a better Yuengling. If you enjoy some cheaper lagers from time to time, or are already a fan of Yuengling Amber, you owe yourself to try this. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it. I plan to smash about twelve of these with a buddy tonight.

4.06/5  rDev +30.5%

Busch Signature Copper is not your average Busch Beer. This is a a lot darker in color. This brew pours out a rich, deep amber color with a nice white head. Not a light amber as other Busch Beers. Being 5.7 abv witch is high than Busch being 4.6% ABV and Busch Ice at 5.9%. The smell is rich with grins and malts. The taste is bold with flavor. The mouth feel is nice and clean. This brew has a lot going on in it, there is nothing overpowering in this brew. This is one Busch Beer that I would write home about. Great Brew for the Money. I would buy this brew again. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.5 out 5.

4.02/5  rDev +29.3%

Sampling right on 2/28/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a tulip glass.

Pours a pretty reddish-copper in color with a 1-finger slightly off-white foamy head that settles down to just the top and sides. Some lacing is seen which each sip. The aroma is of sweet corn, grain and caramel malts. The taste is the same with the caramel malts coming out for the finish. Perfect carbonation and goes down easy. No harsh or bitter finish at all. Is this a 'Bud' product???

3.86/5  rDev +24.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.84/5  rDev +23.5%

Decent beer. Different then what I have had. Would buy again for sure.

3.79/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Bought a 25 oz. can one more time just to see if I was mistaken the first time. Nope. This beer is a real class act. Don't be fooled by the word "Busch" on the label. This is a totally different and thoroughly enjoyable AB animal altogether.

A - Dark tea, head disappears quickly, minimal lacing

S - Corn, malt, roasted grains

T - Sweet corn, malt, roasted grains, and hops

M - light

O - One of the best adjunct beers I've had in many a moon. Most beers get worse the longer they sit. This one gets a little sweeter. Nice. Great beer for the price. AB finally gets one right.

3.77/5  rDev +21.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I know for a fact that A/B nailed it when they made this. Its exactly what it says on the can. Its a awesome brew, great great copper color, rich aroma and a smooth taste going down. And for $1.10 cents a can/25 ounce, I can pretty much step out on the limb and say it will hang with the more expensive darker amber brews.

Busch Signature Copper Lager from Anheuser-Busch