Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Busch Signature Copper Lager | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Amber / Red Lager

Added by boilermakerbrew on 01-30-2014

3.61/5  rDev +15%

I picked up a couple 12 packs of these at Wally world in the Raleigh NC area. This beer pours a nice copper color. The smell isn't anything extraordinary. The taste is what I like the most about this beer. The freshness date was from 2015 and I just finished my second to last one a few days ago. It was stored in my refrigerator the whole time. The taste is on par with other beers of this style for me. The alcohol content of 5.7% is good because it has a little extra kick. The mouthfeel is average.

I am disappointed that they retired this beer and I would not be surprised if they release something like it with a different name at some point.

4.62/5  rDev +47.1%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

I have never been a Busch drinker but after trying this beer I was hooked. This quickly became my favorite macro brew. Sad to see this one go.

I love this beer and you took it away now I can't find anything that tastes as good. Please can I have it back?
Thanks
Rhonda Bahr
From Rathdrum ID

3.86/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.65/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.17/5  rDev +1%

Looks: Pours a beautiful copper color with a nice white head and extremely small bubbles. Surprisingly, the head lingers throughout the tasting.

Smell: Cloyingly sweet with a hint of caramel. If you try real hard, you can imagine smelling something resembling hops.

Taste: Sweet with a caramel flavor

Body: Very light body

Overall: For the price, it is an awesome beer. I sometimes wonder if they just put their Black Crown into a Busch can.

4.27/5  rDev +36%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

I heard today that Busch Signature Copper Lager Beer will be discontinued. Is this really true, I love this beer.

3.01/5  rDev -4.1%

From a 25 fl oz can with a date of 15Sep16 on the bottom whatever that signifies. Sampled on November 12, 2016.

Handsome looking copper amber pour under a short lasting white head. Nice clarity.

Strong sweet caramel, brown bed, and syrup like aroma. Low to no hop profile.

Light and chewy body.

The taste may be over the top sweet with caramel but it is a far cry from its otherwise ordinary big brother Busch regular. Mild finish. Better than you might think.

3.44/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.67/5  rDev -15%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.5/5  rDev +11.5%

3.52/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.5/5  rDev +11.5%

This beer is ok for an American macro lager on the cheep. I got a 25oz can for $2. It's actually better than I thought and I would actually buy this again if I was looking for extremely cheap beer

2.48/5  rDev -21%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.61/5  rDev +15%

Well well well you never can tell! Found this at the Food Lion here in Denver of the East. Couldn't resist because I am fairly broke and can't spend $9 for a six pack of what will eventually become piss anyway.
Just kidding I Love me some Chimay but I have a Milwaukee's Best Budget. Yuck.

Anyway this is a pretty good beer. Again if you prize One Off Carrot on a Stick you may turn your nose up at this one.

I give AB an up-vote for this one. Nice summer lager for cheap. A little on the sweet side but tastes good. Almost %6 too!
Smells like American beer from the 1970's. Tastes much better. A tiny bit of hops, some caramel... Oh what the hell do I know about tasting tobacco or cucumbers in beer? Nothing really. I just know what I like.

If you don't have the Jack to get a $35 growler of Super Duper Ultra Bitter. Then try this or PBR.

There I said it. Comparing The Vaulted PBR to an AB product. Damn near Blasphemy I tell you.

Got to the store and get a 12 of this for $2 less than a sixer of Better Beer. I like it. You don't have too.

4.71/5  rDev +50%

This beer is pretty good. It's $5.99 for a six pack of tall boys, which are 5.7% alcohol each. That beats Bud Ice (5.5), High Life and PBR (5%), and regular Busch ( also 5%) which all also cost $5.99.

Comes in a gold can with some cursive on it, with one of those plastic things holding them together that you gotta cut up before you can throw away. Looks nice, kinda shiny. Keeps beer cold ish, proudly proclaims 16 fluid ounces at the top.

Tastes like beer, but its that extra 0.7% that really hammers home the fantastic value here, I can get absolutely hammered on six of these where a six pack of pabst is just kind of leaving me hanging.

If you just buy one, you can get it in 25oz which is handy sometimes, comes with a brown paper bag, one of those will get you a pretty good buzz goin' 'cause you have to drink it quickly before your hand makes the bottom quarter of the beer warm.

This is one of my go-to beers for sure. Can't beat it.

4.77/5  rDev +51.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I'm a new guy to the taste testing; most of the double bocks and stouts taste like burnt coffee to me; the IPA's are way too bitter. I've found some wheat ales that are pretty good and Weihenstephaner's Vitus bock beer is pretty good. I'm surprised to find that I really like Shiner bock, though it's just a wee bit on the watered down side at 4.6 ABV?
The Busch Copper Lager tastes similar to Shiner Bock but with a little more body and a wee bit more ABV.
So, bottom line I love it; but still looking.

I love this beer great taste goes down real smooth

3.48/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

I originally bought this beer in a bottled 6-pack because of the label. It looked pretty and nostalgic I guess. Well I really liked it, so I bought a 25oz can from the store tonight after work to do this review.
Look- The best feature of this beer. It pours with a nice thick head that lingers. The beer itself is a very nice almond color that looks like copper, hence the name I guess. Looks like a lighter colored soda pop.
Smell- It smells like a normal American lager. The beer smells of malt upfront with hints of corn and almonds.
Taste- The beer tastes the way it smells, lots of grain. Watered down corn and Maltiness seem to jump out at me. It's got a smooth and very sweet aftertaste. Nothing really jumps out at you as an overpowering flavor though, just bits and pieces.
Feel-The beer goes down very easy and smooth like a normal lager. It is easy Drinking with nothing overpowering.
Overall- This is a beer is not that bad. Even a stingy beer drinker should try this. It's not that bad, but it is a little plain.

3.18/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

3.19/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Picked up a 25 oz can at Lowes Foods. Handsome reddish amber color with orange highlights. Head shows solid resiliancy for a few minutes at least. Nose is caramel malt and sprobably some sugary adjuncts. Call it a guess.

Broad, refreshing character in the taste, with mellow malt flavors and just a hint of hops. Texture could be tightened a touch but for the style holds 5.7% with surprising ease.

This is an inexpensiive option when you just feel like having a basic lager.

3.28/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Busch Signature Copper Lager from Anheuser-Busch