Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Tequiza | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-10-2001

Tequiza: the official beer of president Clinton!!

This beer is about was bad as it gets. reaking odor, horrible taste. Ah yes this beer brings back so many memories of me and my friend threatening to make truck drivers drink the stuff as revenge for poor driving. the mouth instantly tells you "this is not drinkable, and if you override your mouth, your stomach will tell you also. is this a want to be corona? just when we thought corona was bad, and nothing could be worse than rock bottom, it seems like anheiser bush dug under and found a way to go lower than rock bottom. Real beers don't taste so bad they need fruit to mask the taste, therefore drink up president Clinton and don't switch Tequiza for our Sam Adams. beer with a shot of tequila, that's one of the worst ideas I have ever heard, yes this beer is horrible horrible.

The beer after escaping the 12-ounce bottle sets in the glass a pallid yellow with a modest frothy white head and after its decomposition, the left over lace forms a thin sheet upon the glass. Nose is malt dominated, sweet and clean, the start is sweet and the grain profile light, top is thin as they come. Finish is strikingly acidic, the hops mild but pleasant, aftertaste dry, can’t believe people actually like this beer, no accounting for some peoples lack of taste.

Frankly, I ordered it as a light drink, not as a beer. And what I got is disaster.

Color of an artificial colorizer, chemical. Almost no head, not to mention the lace.

Smell stong, bitter, un-beery.

Taste most disgusting, bad malts mixed with some synthetic agave.Leaves a long unpleasant aftertaste. Must admit that I wasn't able to finish the bottle and had to order two lagers to wash Tequiza away.

Doesn't really belong to the noble family of beers. Avoid!

Had one sip at a party recently just to see if it were as bad as I remembered. yuckyuckyuckyuck. There is no balance! Yellow swill.

It is quite possible that I am a bigger tequila advocate than I am a beer advocate. I dig a vintage Mezcal on the rocks with a dash of lime much more than the next guy. As do I dig a celler temp Double Bastard Ale much more than the next guy. However I must agree that tequila is one of the worst beers I've ever tasted. I couldn't drink beer or tequila for over two weeks after I had it. Just ruined them for me.

Horrible. A heavily adjunct laden mess that tastes like lime juice mixed with corn water. One word: Yuck.

To whom ever came up with this idea has no tastebuds for the genral public. I couldn't even finidhed mine and that's not like me to not down it. Nasty! Nasty! Nasty!
This is going to change my avg. low to 1.
I had to give the rest of my 5 beers away to some unfortanate one. Honestly, I couldn't give away no one would have it.

1.03/5  rDev -43.7%

This is a horrible excuse for a beer. It poured a clear straw color with a very small head that faded almost instantly. The smell was of lime and grain. The taste was pretty much identical to the lime flavored fruit loops cerial. No decernable hop or malt characteristics, just sweet nastyness. One of the worst beers I've ever had.

1.03/5  rDev -43.7%

Really, really pale yellow, virtually no head, no lacing. Smells like lime, and of cheap flowery perfume. This almost tastes more watery than water, it does have a hint of some corn and lime, but it's not good. Higher carbonation, very light body. One is definitely enough. I recommend you get yourself a water, and put a lime in there yourself, it will probably taste better.

1.03/5  rDev -43.7%

This was left at my place last night after hosting a party for the other grad students in my department. Why not give it a shot.

This pours a very pale yellow color with a 2 finger head that falls quickly to nothing over the beer. The nose is very similar to sprite, citrusy-sweet and very much like soda. The flavor is pretty darn bad. There is really no beer flavor to be found in there. There is a twinge of lime that fades fast into the abyss of white flavor. Just like white noise is used to block out other noise, there is a flavor in there that is numbing, nondescript and keeps any flavor from developiong. The feel is like sex in a boat. Fucking close to water. Not even an overactive carbonation. Just overall lacking in any character. Stay the hell away from this. Those of you close to me, be warned. There are 4 more of these in the fridge. They will be distributed as I see fit.

1.06/5  rDev -42.1%

Yeah ... it's "not so good Al". Smells and tastes like someone dumped a little AB light beer into one of those plastic lime juice containers. Pours a very light yellow with little to zero head. To quote old Ralphie, "It tastes like burning". Don't waste your money or your taste buds.

Tequiza from Anheuser-Busch