Michelob AmberBock | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Bock

Michelob AmberBock is brewed using 100% malt including dark-roasted black and caramel malts and all-imported hops.

Added by unclejimbay on 08-16-2001

Ratings: 1,818 |  Reviews: 684

No "Beer Snob" review here. Bottom line is.....you will love it. Winter time beer of choice for me. Stick to your ribs taste. Similar to a Marzen so you can drink like it's Oktoberfest all year long.

Looking for a new beer to try I decided to sample the Amber Bock at the happy hour provided by the hotel I am staying at.

The appearance looked like a dark amber golden color which is nice to look at while drinking this beer.

I loved the hints of caramel and the sweet smell of vanilla. It did not have that skunky smell to it which I find somewhat offensive.

The taste is phenomenal. I could taste the sweetness and bitterness which gave a nice mouthfeel. I allowed the beer to sit in my mouth for 15 seconds and swirled it around a bit and it left me with a refreshing aftertaste. I would drink this beer over a light beer and while its not Leffe its a beer I would not be ashamed of drinking or serving at a party.

Overall this beer gets a 5/5 because the price is right, you are getting an American Bock Beer which can be served at anytime during the year with various foods. It was so good I asked for a second pour. With a lemon it gives a citrus aspect to the overall taste.

4.75/5  rDev +65.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

As an early "boomer," I was a sucker for PBR-Bock (seasonal - can). Michelob, Amberbock is better quality at the right price... Excellent beer relative to my tastes. I like a darker tasting, heavier beer but not more than one traditional Guinness.

4.65/5  rDev +62%

This beer is farmost one of my most favored domestic beers in the United States. Since I am not a fan of light beers, this is a nice dark beer. It is not to dark, where it is hard to drink. The beer is very easy to drink and has a great taste. If I were to walk into a beer distributor 9 times out of 10 I would walk out with this beer. I recommend this beer to everyone, it is truely a great beer.

4.6/5  rDev +60.3%

Toasty and Smoky, very enjoyable, really really liked it, of my top 10, with 5,2% ABV you can only drink a couple before getting heavy on it, but still, i need to try more beers to come across a better one to rate, Guinness tops it for example.

4.5/5  rDev +56.8%

friends told me to try this beer and i did and i liked it. Pretty even thick and balanced taste, not overpowering, but not at all watered down. i'm sure this would be good on tap, i'll let you know when i get a chance to try it. but you should try one and suprise yourself, maybe michelob should break off anheiser, they actually know a little about a descent beer.

4.48/5  rDev +56.1%

4.47/5  rDev +55.7%

Amazing, it isn't bitter, looks great, smells perfect, & tastes even better. As smooth a beer as I've ever had. This was my first bock and I'll be heading to the store tonight to find some others, because this is one of the greatest brews I've ever seen.

4.46/5  rDev +55.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm 55, and tried alot of different dark beers/lagers/stouts over the years, of all I've tried, this one is my favorite, even knowing it's water source is criticized by most folk, I really like the taste better than most dark beers, just the right amount of carbonation, without too much bitterness, I think the only one better has to be imported,,, Guinness.

4.45/5  rDev +55.1%

This is a very good beer on draft, I do not care for the bottle.I used to drink Killian Red and after I tried AB i was sold!!!
AmberBock is a 5.2% abv amber lager which uses roasted black barley malt in the ingredients, and which received a World Beer Cup Bronze Medal in 1998.

4.43/5  rDev +54.4%

I've had it both in a bottle, and on tap. It pores like other bock styles, nice dark/rich color and moderate size head. The aroma had a maltiness to it, with almost a chocolate hint. The finish is a heavier, filling taste while still keeping you wanting more. It's my favorite winter time, by the bon fire beer. It gives you all the fill you want without being completely bitter and so heavy that you feel like you need to take out a knife to cut through it.

Michelob AmberBock from Anheuser-Busch