Michelob Light | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Michelob Light is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-16-2001

4.75/5  rDev +102.1%

4.3/5  rDev +83%

I had to buy this once I saw the lava lamp bottle was back!

I paid $8.99 for a 12pack at the supermarket, what the heck... if I didn't drink it, my wife would.

I'm basing my review on the beer style...
Macro Brewery / Light Beer

Anyway, on to the new/old Michelob Light...

I did this beer the honor of pouring it in to a pint glass (normally I would drink a beer of this style "straight out da bottle"). It was a golden color, lots of carbination, little head and some lacing.

it smelled almost like beer.

it tasted pretty darn good compared to it's MacroLight peers.

It felt good in the mouth, kind of fizzy but finished clean.

I could drink lots of this beer when so inspired to do so.

Example: I could bring a case of this over to my bro-in-law's house, knock it off with him during a Yankee game and feel no pain in the morning.

4.29/5  rDev +82.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Michelob Light brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.3% This brew pours out a nice amber color with a small white head. The smell is rich with grains and malts. There is a hit of hops in the smell of this brew. The taste is light, but is bold with flavor. Michelob Light has a nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering in it. The mouthfeel is light, rich and smooth. I really like the taste of this light brew, Michelob Light has flavor for being a light beer. There is nothing bad about this brew. Overall I'm giving Michelob Light a 4.5 out of 5. Michelob Light is not a bad light beer, I would buy this brew again.

4.25/5  rDev +80.9%

4.25/5  rDev +80.9%

4.2/5  rDev +78.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.18/5  rDev +77.9%

Don't know the look. I always drink it out of the bottle. The smell is good to me. Just like it says on the bottle, smooth, rich, flavorful. My second favorite AB

4.17/5  rDev +77.4%

Still one of my favorite light beers! If i want an agreeable light beer that most people can drink, that will still give me some sence of forfillment, this is it. Much more flavor than most other light beers. Not as flavorfull as most lagers or sam adams light, it is still far superior to the bud light, coors light genre or beers.

4.06/5  rDev +72.8%

I think this beer has an above average taste that doesn't bite but is full bodied and flavorable. I perfer a glass bottle over the can or tap. To me it is a much richer beer than it's brouther Ultra that taste much closer to water. My only problem is it seems that Michelob Light is fading out of the picture. I am having difficulty finding my favorite beer in the market place. I guess that is why this is known as Dad's beer but the yuppie beer Ultra just does't measure up for me.

All imported hops??? We'll see

Appearance-a sparkling yellow lager, nice head at first but dissapears fast, looks appealing anyways.

Smell- Finally, a light beer that smells like light beer, lots of barley there and corn comes out as well. At least I can actually smell it.

Taste- Very flavorful, I like Michelob brews, maybe it's just me but they pack a nice punch to the mouth, even this light version, I'm very impressed.

Mouthfeel-despite the nice influx of flavors the beer is not overbearing, goes down nice, good aftertaste.

Drinkability- this is most definitely a great light beer that one can keep drinking for as long as he desires, well into the night.

Overall- I'm surprised many don't like this brew a lot, I found a lot of flavor in its taste, a nice refreshing light beer that is leaps and bounds above its competitors. For a good light beer you can't go wrong.

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

Light straw color with a decent to low white head and decent carbonation. Light grainy aroma with a touch of hops .. seems all malt as there was little to no cooked corn aroma. Tastes the same with a touch of hops to balance the malts. Light bodied but smooth.

Very nice macro and not harsh in any way; very drinkable.

Label states: "All imported hops", 134 cal., 11.7g carb, 1.1g protien, 0g fat.

Born on: 04/26/04
Tasted: 06/16/04

3.96/5  rDev +68.5%

michelob light was an above average light beer. It went down very smooth and I enjoyed it. However I was expecting more taste, the bottle says brewed with imported hops but to tell you the truth this beer tasted very similar to the less pricey Michelob Golden Draft Light sold here in minnesota. It was very easy to down the 12 pack I bought. If you are ever in Minnesota or Its border states save some money and buy Mich Gold Light

3.84/5  rDev +63.4%

A-very clear pale to gold color with a large white head that did not fade fast
S-can smell the noble hops and grainy aroma
T-maltier than the other light lagers, with a hop aftertaste that goes to a sweet grain finish
M-light body and medium carbonation
O-if you grade this beer on on what it has compared to what it is suppose to be, then it was better than most.

3.82/5  rDev +62.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

3.78/5  rDev +60.9%

Bottle: Poured a golden color lager with a fizzy pure white head with minimal retention and no lacing. Aroma of sweet malt with light corn notes is bland and not that enjoyable. Taste is also a bland mix between some sweet malt with light adjunct notes (I know the label states all-malt lager but I have a hard time believing this). Body is light with good carbonation. Bland lager and not something that need to be revisited.

Michelob Light from Anheuser-Busch