Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Ratings: 5,869 |  Reviews: 1,441
Reviews by M_C_Hampton:
1.25/5  rDev -35.2%

1.66/5  rDev -14%

Presentation: 22 oz brown wide mouth bottle, “born on date” on the label for freshness. This sample was pour into a frozen mug to bring it to optimum temperature.

Appearance: Palest yellow that a beer could be you would guess, almost colourless to a point. Exceptional clarity with a faint wispy white lace.

Smell: Very clean aroma, nearly nothing there. Cereal grains and a light whiff of filtered grain reaches the nose.

Taste: Very light bodied, close to bone dry. Thin seltzer like mouth feel. Virtually no hops noticeable to the tongue until the crispness kicks and subsides … bitterness seems to only ride the wave of seltzer like carbonation, but little at that. Malt is extremely thin and scant to the palate. Touch of grain and husk in the flavour but that is about it. Bone dry finish comes to no surprise.

Notes: This beer is for the tasteless beer drinker that thinks there is only ONE beer out there. You may as well drink some seltzer water with alcohol added to it … get the picture, you are not a real beer drinker!

2.71/5  rDev +40.4%

A - Poured with one finger of white head into the appropriate glassware (a shaker pint, of course). The foam settles quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a pale, straw yellow and perfectly clear.

S - Light, grainy sweetness. Otherwise, very clean.

T - Some slightly sweet, husky malt up front... and then nothing else. Finishes clean with a slight graininess and maybe the vague ghost of a hop leaf.

M - Light body, moderately high carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - This is very easy to drink, possibly easier to drink than water. It has a remarkable lack of flavor. Bud heavy has some grainy malt and green apple off flavors, but this is a truly clean beer. This beer is the equivalent of some mad scientist managing to create an actual army of zombies; the sheer wrongness of its existence is abhorrent, but at the same time one can't help but marvel at the technical achievement. And in the end, that is really what this beer is, an empty, soulless, horrifically drinkable, zombie of a beer.

Does one heck of a job at killing slugs when poured into a pie tin in the garden. Has a born on date. Shoulda been aborted.

Fun at the bar: Get the tallneck bottles and cut out the letters from one of the labels to give it new names while you're lamenting the fact you drank five of 'em in the first place. Bug Light - The Beer for Backyard Barbecues! Bubu Light - Great Taste in a Yogi Beer! Butt Light! Bud Blight! There's just no end.

Nearly colorless, nearly flavorless. Starts out fizzy carbonated, with a distinct fermented rice sweet/sour flavor that's rather unpleasant if you've had any malt beers in the past day or so. It sweetens slightly over the sip, while the finish is, well, not there at all. It's a "clean, crisp" alcohol delivery device with some vague resemblance to beer. Is that worth spending money on?

1.18/5  rDev -38.9%

Ordered a Miller Lite at some rat hole in East Dubuque and was given this by mistake. Can you believe they charge a buck more a bottle for this over ML? Well, that’s supply and demand for you.

Appearance: near nothingness. Palest yellow possible unless you are perhaps Green Light or Ultra. No head, extremely aggressive, coca-cola like carbonation.

Aroma: Nothing, maybe a little grain.

Taste/MF: Light bodied. Very dry, crisp, and carbonated similar to gaseous water. Mild bitterness. Nearly no malt. Perhaps a hint of corn. Very repugnant feel overall. Too carbonated. Burns the back of the throat.

Drinkability: As bad as it gets. Drinking one is very, very trying.

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer

1.15/5  rDev -40.4%

I haven't had much bad beer in my life; not since I was a teenager anyway. And I'm pretty sure that I've never had a 'light/lite' beer. Nevertheless, I'm fairly certain what this one will deliver. Or fail to deliver. Here goes...

Perfectly clear light straw. The head is pure white and looks cheap, if that's possible. Big bubbles form a fizzy, airy pillow that recedes very quickly (this beer lost its head faster than Louis XVI). Lace? Uh... no. The smell is pretty subdued, but still manages to be unpleasant. Smells like sour grain.

The taste is even worse than I'd imagined. My facial muscles can't help but form a grimace. This stuff is sour and watery in the extreme. Do they actually try to make it taste like this? How is this beer so popular? I'd like to be able to describe the flavor with more detail, but I can't make myself drink any more than a few mouthfuls. The rest is going down the kitchen sink drain.

The only reason this 'beer' doesn't get straight 1.0s is that I can imagine worse, namely the low-carb offerings like Michelob Ultra. I may never have the dis(pleasure) to actually taste and review them though, because I will not be spending my hard-earned money to abuse my palate like that. If someone gives me a bottle... maybe.

My Belgian-made pint glass is none too pleased with me right now for filling it with this vile liquid. And my kitchen sink drain isn't too happy either. The pint glass says that it may forgive me if a Storm King Stout is in its immediate future.

4.21/5  rDev +118.1%

Call me an alcoholic and all what you will but look folks... name me a better beer that you would stuff your book bag with when your going fishing for a few hours. This beer will give you the taste of beer without feeling like your stomach is full. This beer is low on calories so you will look great and guess what. I haven't met a girl that won't drink a cold bud light. There's plenty of young GOOD LOOKING girls that will drink this but not an IPA. Don't get me wrong I love all beer but this should be higher rated hands down. Number one selling beer in the world and for good reason. I'll cheers everyone to this bud light.

2.34/5  rDev +21.2%

Time to review the world's most popular light beer. I can honestly say that I have never had this before. Even before my craft beer days, I would always have selected a regular adjunct lager over one of these. Here goes: Poured into a Seattle Beer Week pint glass. Pours a pale straw amber with a faint gold tint and a bare half finger white head with good retention and light lacing. Aroma of light, sweet biscuit malt and a faint hint of grassy hops. Flavor is very mild sweet adjunct malt with a distinct rice component (not sure if it is used, but this is spot on for Japanese rice lagers) with a hint of biscuit finishes with mild grassy hops. Tastes watered down. Light bodied with active carbonation. I'm baffled by the number of people who compare this (and other adjuncts) to piss; there is no real comparison. It tastes exactly like it is intended: a light, flavor attenuated mild beer that will offend almost no one. The slightly sweet malt is as inoffensive as it is uninteresting. A watery, mildly sweet malt and mildly hopped light lager. The only surprise here is how watered down it tastes. That makes it hard to understand as a session beer; really boring. This is a one and done. There is no reason to return this (except under desert island scenarios). My apologies to my Seattle Beer Week glass; we will not speak of this again.

2.77/5  rDev +43.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Never before has the taste of cardboard, raw grain, and rice been so delicious. We all know what this beer is: lawnmower football-watching dive bar no-thinking thirst quencher. Except for the fizzy head it actually looks good in a glass, too, and the light body is second to none in terms of crushability. This beer also has a special ability: exposing people who take beer too seriously.

3.76/5  rDev +94.8%

This is the most popular beer in the United States. I shall review it now, with zero bias.
Poured into a one liter beer mug from a 25 oz. can at a reasonable temperature...

Appearance - Has a very pale yellow straw color. It has a tall, soapy head, then dissipates. Appears to have high carbonation.

Smell - Not bad, smells of cereal and of adjunct corn and rice. No sign of hops.

Taste - Tastes just like Budweiser's little bro. I can taste grain and zero hops. The taste is muted compared to Budweiser's.

Mouth feel - Very spritzy, very carbonated, and watered down.

Overall - Well, this is an excellent party beer and bar beer, but it's not a good sit-down-and-drink beer. Still far better than other light beers I have tried. I feel like it has been given an underrated score.

1.23/5  rDev -36.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

"If a nickel could urinate, it would taste like Bud Light."

1.79/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

You've drank it because its there. You're in the mood for a light beer and its the only one on tap... But it sucks. It really does. This rice soda isn't even good for its style/category. Try an Amstel or a Heineken Light...even Miller and Coors taste better.

1.58/5  rDev -18.1%

There isn't much to say about Bud Light that hasn't already been said. It's not that it's a BAD beer - it doesn't have a BAD taste, or a BAD smell.... but rather it LACKS just about everything. There is almost no flavor, no smell, the beer is extremely pale (even for a pilsner - I've seen darker champagnes). You can taste some slight corn, grains, and malt, but it really all gets overpowered by the extreme carbonation. Hops are basically irrelevant and almost completely unnoticeable. The beer is about as thin as they come.

Having had many of these throughout my college years, I've come a long way. Bud Light gives you exactly what you pay for - a "beer" to drink when you really don't care about what beer you're drinking. With a nearly absent flavor and smell, there are MANY better options than Bud Light, even at comparable prices.

Give me a break! It's Bud Light! Much better than my favorite beers after a softball game. Almost like drinking water. It sometimes that's what you need. Don't forget to smash the can into your forehead when it's finished

3.08/5  rDev +59.6%

Beer for Men

Don't think less of me. I was a Ted Nugent fan when I was a child. I liked high-testosterone rock. Stormtroopin'. Stranglehold. Yank Me Crank Me (but don't wake up and thank me). Scream Dream. Wango Tango. I was a confused overly aggressive teenager. I liked that music. But the man is horrible. I'm not going to go into the deets.

The other day I heard that the Bud Light concert series included a concert by Terrible Ted. Someone put together an online petition to be presented to Bud Light. Then suddenly with no announcement, the Nugent concert was removed from the Bud Light website. Good for them. So never having had Bud Light before, I thought I'd give them a head nod and try the product.

I'm impressed. I mean I was not expecting this. This is decent. No, it's not IPA. I love IPAs. In the summer I like to drink something lighter. When I'm scraping decades old caulk off the windows in the hot sun, I tend to consume more liquids, and I'd prefer it to be great tasting beer rather than lemonade so I like something with lower alcohol content or I'll be featured in a World's Dumbest Carpenters video or America's Funniest Home Videos.

The color is your typical 70s beer urine coloring. It's clear, not cloudy. You see some bubbles bubbling up. The smell, oh the smell, brings me back to when I was a kid and my dad would drink cheap beer. I remember smelling it at a block party. And the taste is very, very mild. I mean there is just a hint of a taste, not much. But it goes down smooth and gets the job done. I guess I should get back to scraping that old caulk off now.

Here we go, to all the snooty people who reviewed this beer... why bother.

Bud light has supreme drink-ability. It's very crisp and clear in appearance. Smell is clean and refreshing, and taste and mouth feel are as smooth as it gets. I love all types of different beers. But I can't find it in my heart to down a beer just because it's mainstream.

The best part is when I pour what I tell people is a home brew or craft beer and they are like, wow that's really good, did you make it. I'm like, no... that's bud light. FURY is what I see in the eyes of people, because they actually like it.

I challenge anyone here to brew a clone of a Bud light and see what you come up with.

1.85/5  rDev -4.1%

Big thanks to the Official BA gutter slut Patronwizard for this extra in our trade received today. You suck.

Poured into Hamms pint glass. (I didn't want to stain any of my good glasses by pouring this into them)

A. Poured it straight down the middle of the glass. It looks like there was a bit of dish soap in the glass, and then someone pissed into it. foamy head and a yellow body. looks like piss

S. Smell? What smell? smells like watered down corn maybe. What you can smell is horrible. I'd rather sniff hot garbage

T. HEY!!! Someone poured water in my glass. This shit sucks. No flavor, moderate carbonation. I think... No wait I know I'd rather drink pickle juice

M. Mouthfeel like water, but carbonation tells you otherwise.

D. I dunno why you'd wanna drink this. A bet maybe. But drinkability has gotta be pretty fucking awesome. I've crushed a can of this since starting this review and don't feel shit. In fact I think I'm still thirsty.

Vic, you're an a$$hole for sending this. I'm sure your fridge is stocked full of it. I hope all your relatives buy you a case of this for Christmas.

1.25/5  rDev -35.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

its awful, cheap tasting beer

I told myself I wouldn't rate this. But I've been drinking (Not this beer, though I have had it) and I took some notes on this one time as a joke. It tastes absolutely terrible, smells terrible, feels bad in my mouth, taste is reminiscent of a fake apple granola bar mixed with water and left to rot. Seriously, this is the only beer that I flat out refuse to drink.

2.32/5  rDev +20.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Great beer if your a person looking to drink a large amount and want to scrub out on a case. Good beer compared to other light beers such as miller or coors, yet nothing I would ever bring up in conversation with someone who knows anything about a good true beer with character.

Again... if your in college looking to drink a good amount for a cheap price then maybe, but in retrospect, nothing special by any means. Just another watery type brew thats sold at gas stations.

-J

2.68/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Can't say that I'm huge into light beers. I accept that they have a place and purpose, one that I'm slowly accepting as I continue to age. Why pay for 4.2% ABV when you can get 5%, 5.9%, 8%, 10%, or even higher for the same price (or even less in Bud Light's premium-price-point case?) Well, because I can drink as much light beer as I want and function the next day as opposed to two 40s of high gravity which are now leaving me FUBAR and wishing for death.

The Budweiser brand has gone to Hell since it's new foreign ownership. I felt embarrassed even buying Bud Light since I'm not a flaming liberal, which is their current advertising target. Enjoy your death spiral A-B, it was your decision.

Reviewed from a 20 pack of 16 fl. oz. aluminum bottles. As always, I'm keeping the style (light lager) in mind and comparing it to other beers that I've had in that style.

A: Poured into a Budweiser glass purchased at the Fairfield, CA brewery. 1.5 fingers of head from a soft pour that shows large bubbles and takes less than 30 seconds to dissipate. A barely intact foam ring lasts the entire glass with some patchy floating foam on top. Surprisingly there are some rings of lace on the way down. Color is not as light as expected and must be close to that of "regular" Budweiser, impressive for a macro light beer. A small amount of "floaties" when held up to a strong light. Not at all uninviting.

S: Almost nonexistent until the beer warms. Iron, faint sweet malt, light green apple. Any hops are lemony and spicy. There is nothing off-putting which I guess is a home run here. It reminds me of what melted ice in a hotel room ice bucket smells like in the (next) morning.

T: Bland, even for a light beer. 10% Budweiser, 90% carbonated water. A-B must make a fortune on this beer. It takes a few of these for my palate to start detecting anything other than salty and metallic. Really light malts and rice with some lemon. You'd have to be familiar with the A-B family of beers to recognize and understand any taste. Close to alcoholic water but, again, nothing off-putting. This reminds me more of Natural Ice than Budweiser. (I guess I'll need to review Natty Light now.)

M: Probably the most champagne-like, super carbonated beer that I've ever had (sorry Miller High Life.) Carbonation stings the tongue but is not creamy. The extreme carbonation gives the beer some substance when really there is none. Eventually there is a puckering and lemony dryness that is not pleasant here. The rice adds the creaminess missing in the carbonation.

O: The least flavorful light beer that I've ever had. Bud Light's look, smell, and mouthfeel are able to partially substitute for it's lack of flavor. If I wanted to get drunk on carbonated water I'd pick this beer.

2.08/5  rDev +7.8%

I think people are a little harsh on their reviews of this beer. This beer is not meant to be drunk for that great beer taste experience. It is meant to supply backyard barbeques and all day drinking at frat parties. It must be bought in 30 packs or kegs. If you buy a 6 pack and think your taste buds will be charmed by the experience, then I fear what else you may be thinking.
Don't pair this beer with a fish or steak, pair it with a hot dog or a bratwurst. And enjoy the summer before it's gone.

1.3/5  rDev -32.6%

Okay. So here is my story.
I love good quality beer and I knew very well that this won't be one. I also have to say that in my near 50 years, I have never tried this thing. Largely because I don't like cheap quality beer but also because I don't see the point to light beer. So honestly, when I purchased a can of Bud Light today, I was giddy and a bit scared at the same time. But I promised myself that I will go through some mass produced beer, in order to put things into better perspective.
And then it happened. I opened my first ever Bud Light.
I immediately went for the nose and it smelled like rat piss. This fades a tad but not much. This beer smells bad.
Okay, but how does it taste? I took the first sip. I tasted some malt and very heavy carbonation and then, quite rapidly, nothing. I mean I tasted nothing. There was no aftertaste either. I took another sip, just to be sure. A slight favour, poof, gone, nothing. And then it soon became evident that I wasn't drinking beer. I don't know what to call this, but it's not beer. But because it doesn't taste bad (as I said, no taste), I can't trash it. It's a not bad (or good) tasting liquid. Its biggest drawback is the bad carbonation that caused me to burp every minute and my chest actually hurts from the trapped gas. Not fun.
So in conclusion, I am confused. I have no idea what I just had and I know I will not have it again, but it wasn't awful. It just wasn't anything.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch