Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Ratings: 5,947 |  Reviews: 1,453
2.27/5  rDev +22%

Pours into a pilsner glass a perfectly clear pale straw-yellow with a slight pure white foamy head that maintains at a smallish cap throughout the drink. Tons of bubbles shooting to the head.

Smells very lightly of grainy malts, with hints of cooked corn. No hops. No alcohol.

Tastes very bread like. Malty and corny with the slightest hint of alcoholic sweetness. No hops again. Absolutely nothing surprising about the taste of Bud Light whatsoever. Not much substance. Extremely watery thin and watery body.

Bud Light is, however an extremely easy to drink beer.

2.27/5  rDev +22%

I don't even know where this came from or when it got there, but this has been sitting in my fridge for awhile - a single, solitary can that I was waiting for someone to consume. No one has, so I figured what the hell, I'll drink and review it.

Pours a very light, clear yellow with a fizzy white head. Head recedes to a thin lace.

Smell is not pleasant. Skunky and vegetal, also some adjunct "grain" aromas. Yuck. Even in the days before I started drinking craft beer I remember that I would not smell a Bud Light before consuming it because it was just so nasty.

Taste is much better than the smell and is quite smooth really. Not really much flavor but there is some malt sweetness and grain. Zip for hops.

This baby is watery thin, but it drinks pretty easy.

This is not a beer I would drink with any regularity whatsoever but it makes a pretty drinkable camping beer. Smell aside, not a bad macro.

look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Another one I had to buy again just to tick off the style. Buy a Bud, drink a third of it, then fill it with water. And there ya have it - Bud Light. Don't even bother to buy one of these. Water down a real Bud instead. That way you at least have a third of a beer that's somewhat drinkable.

2.27/5  rDev +22%

I recently shared some of this with pizza at an after rehearsal choir gathering, appropriately served very cold. A witty choir member announced, "tastes like pretzels." Her comment was as generous as it was caustic. This is not at all a good beer, but it is decent among the very poor American light lager style, certainly preferable to Natural Light and other undrinkable beers. In fact, I'd choose Bud Light over Dogfish Head's chicory stout, and I mean this from the bottom of my (growing) gut ... not from my heart though--it's pretty bad.

2.26/5  rDev +21.5%

Who will actually read a review of Bud Light? Really...

This beer along with many of its counterparts got me through college and some post college years with a lot of lost memories, puking, and headaches.

This beer is boring. Boring in appearance, absolutely no smell unless you spill it on your clothes or floor and dont clean it up.

Tastes very fizzy and watery. There is no defined beer flavor. I dont think malt or hops drinking this and it usually just required drinking the first two or three quickly to lose the care to taste any more.

I have to admit though this beer gets a 5 for drinkability. You can drink it fast and often and not feel full or satisfied.

If you are on this website, why would you even care about this beer?

2.26/5  rDev +21.5%

Wow, I cant believe this is what I used to drink. And to think, this is what most people call "beer". That aside, this beer was poured form a 12oz. bottle, into a pint glass (so I could review the appearnace). The beer poured an almost clear, but slightly yellow color, eventually settling to a light yellow. Lots of carbonation, forming a 1 inch fluffy head, that quickly faded, leaving light lacing on the glass. The aroma is very weak, smelling of grain and corn. The flavor isnt much better. Mostly water and corn. Not too many characteristics to this type of beer. The mouthfeel is light, expected obviously. I dont know how I used to drink this all night, but I guess for many, this is their session beer. I guess to each his own. This just isnt the one for me.

2.26/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.26/5  rDev +21.5%

I have always considered this THE worst big brewer beer made...I mam somewhat surprised with it after drinking it....It sucks, but it doesn't really really suck (if you know what I mean).

Pours a light yellow color...better appearance than expected...Nose is typical macro...cereal grains...but a stronger scent than I expected too.

The taste is smooth and mildly sweet. Nothing bitter about this....not as watery as expected...still nothing real impressive about it either...

As they say "it is what it is"..I'm surprised that this is not as bad as I thought....Bud Select is much worse...perhaps that is what I was expecting. I'd take most of the other light beers over this but it's drinkable if you're thirsty. (Now on to the Town Hall Smoked Porter growler review)

2.26/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

look: 2 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25