Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,412 | Ratings: 5,721

I'll say outright that I'm not going out of my to blast Bud Light. I'm sure it won't look that way, but I promise I'm just being honest.
I always say this is the beer for people with no taste in beer. Perfect for the inexperienced, (college kids) or people that usually don't drink beer. It's as close to water as you can get, but with the terrible corn after taste. I understand that the reasons I dislike it are basically the reasons it sells so well. I'm not trying to change that. I'm just not a fan of that kind of beer. At all. It's basically the McDonalds of beer. Cheap, easy to make, and will give you the desired effect. But it won't be great.

I marked this as want... I can't find this ANYWHERE. It's so polarizing that I've got to try it. If only momma could lend me the keys to her mini van so I could drive into town to find it.... looks like it's toilet wine again

Rating: 0.0
First had: ?

The light version of an already light and terrible beer. The lesser son of the King of Beers, Bud Light retains all the qualities of its forebearer: light straw color, fizzy, watery, and soda-like, with almost no semblance to beer whatsoever. Taste is metallic and of stale urea. Mouthfell is watery and a stale, rotten aftertaste is left behind. To be avoided at all costs.

Had the misfortune of showing up to a meathead party that only had this offering. Took about 3 sips and had to dump it.. absolutely horrid.... i feel sorry for anyone who thinks this is good beer

In my opinion "ALL" Anheuser-Busch products taste exactly the same. The differences between them are only more watery or less watery.
In this instance I think that price does reflect the product and at $14.99 a 30 pack it shows it's worth.
If i wanted something that tasted like Corn Flakes in water, i would have a bowl of Corn Flakes in water.

12 oz can. Tried it at friend’s Super Bowl party. Pours pale straw with a white head. Aroma of rotten eggs is much more pronounced than in regular Budweiser . Soda like body. There is not much taste here, somewhat like sweet carbonated water. It went down the sink drain nicely.

Had this beer many times at parties, or tailgating.
Its a party beer.
That being said it's very watery, no real great flavor, Coors light is a better beer, but both are bad. Do yourself a favor spend a little bit more of money or less quantity for a better beer. You might as well be drinking water with a nasty taste.

this beer blows...
it blows out loud...
and it will give you an upset tummy, and a wicked case of th beer shits...
if this is a beer of choice you might want to consider drinking a wine cooler now and then...
i would rather drink a six pack of corona, piss that out and drink that...
bud light sucks ass...
thats all i have to say about that...
end of story

I drank a bottle of corn syrup, chased it down with some rice. I then went on to a chemical laboratory and proceeded to consume every unnatural preservative I could find. I then began to spend multi-millions of dollars on showing half naked girls on TV raving about how my beer is tops. After my really bad indigestion, I went to the toilet to bottle my processed beer.

By this time, everyone's brains had been washed thoroughly and they went to Walmart to buy my bottled pee.

Not much to say that already hasn't been said about Bud Light. pale yellow, no aroma to it. The taste is water mixed with corn juice and then refrigerated. Bud Light is just another sad product of the carb craze. Bud Lght and all the other light lagers are the saddest syle of a beer ever made.

I told myself I wouldn't rate this. But I've been drinking (Not this beer, though I have had it) and I took some notes on this one time as a joke. It tastes absolutely terrible, smells terrible, feels bad in my mouth, taste is reminiscent of a fake apple granola bar mixed with water and left to rot. Seriously, this is the only beer that I flat out refuse to drink.

I used to go to a now defunct pizza joint in Greenville, n.c., they had this on tap, warm for $1/pitcher. No flavor, no nothing. I am no aficionado, but this is the beer of college students and people who hate their kidneys. Avoid at all costs, please.

A- Pours a pale almost clear yellow with no head or lace.

S- Smells like corn and bad water. Just not a good smell at all.

T- Taste like nothing at first. Then, there is this after taste of metal.

M- Feels like water with a lot of carbonation.

O- I have yet to understand why people like this beer. It would be cheaper to just drink water. There is really nothing good about this beer. It taste like metal and there is no quality to it. I wish this beer would just go away.

Crap. Taste like seltzer water with a dash of canned corn juice. Quit drinking crap a commercial tells you is good. If you like light beer go get some Pabst or Hamms for half the price. If some switched these beers out for your Bud light youd probably like it better.

Had one of these the other night at a party just because of beer pong. Figured it was time to finally put up this review. Had it plenty of times over the years.

A: Pale piss color yellow. No head. No lacing.

S: What smell? Skunk is not a smell, it's an awful moment in time.

T: Piss for sure. It's just awful. Can't stomach it. I generally avoid it completely if I can since my introduction into craft brews.

M: Thin, overly carbonated, and all around bad.

D: Others have been giving this a higher rating in this category just because of the popularity. Frankly I find it extremely difficult to get it down because of the high carbonation and awful flavor. It makes me sick.

Poured this from a can, into a plastic cup. Wish i had a frozen mug. It pours a very faint yellow color that you would barely guess was a beer. Very clear. It produced a small white head, poor retention and zero lacing. The aroma was....well not there...Smelled like beachwood aged water. This beer is very light in body- there really is not much taste, no hop flavor to speak of, no real malt or grain flavor. I think all i taste are bubbles. Worst beer I have ever had.

This is by far the worst beer mankind has ever created. I would rather drink dog piss out of a dirty wet sock than to ever taste this god forsaken liquid again. My Indianapolis Colts are sponsored by bud light and it almost makes me want to remove myself from the fan base and find another team. God bless all you good beer drinkers and may God one day rid this planet of this terrible beer once in for all. In God we trust, amen.

This stuff is absolute garbage. I'm a college kids who drinks his fair share of cheap light beers but Bud Light is an absolute joke. This stuff is about as boring as it gets.

I am amazed that anyone could and would drink this and call it beer? There are many other session beers for hot days that actually taste like a beer. The only thing good about AB is the Clydesdales and their beer commercials.

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up)

This is the type of beer that is embarrassing to admit that I have tried before and is even more embarrassing to admit that I drank a lot of this beer in the past. It was a different era for me in which I had not seen the light, the light of IPAs and the light of a brave new world composed of intelligent beer advocates who appreciate the subtle art and science of brewing, drinking, and reviewing great beers. This watery beer has 4.2% ABV and not much else in it.

Look-Pours a standard light yellow with some carbonation thrown in there. The head is weak and disappears with its tail in between its legs.

Smell-Smells like a beer that you shouldn’t drink, but I took a gulp anyways.

Taste-It tasted like crappy beer. Yeah, but it tastes like grains and rice with no discernible flavors that are worthy of mentioning. I guess maybe the straw and grass from a stampede trampled field.

Moutfeel-It felt like a crappy beer with carbonation.

Overall-I think you can get the theme here. Crap.

Container Volume: 355ml

Container type: bottle

Fresh: y

Purchased @: anywhere

Cost: cheap

Head: none

Lace: none

Color: pale yellow

Aroma: tinny

Mouthfeel: light

Palate: curls the tongue

Taste: why is this one of the most popular beers in the world?

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car- n
With Friends- n
Sipping- n
Get my buzz on- n

I accidently took a mouthful of this redneck swill during a beer-pong game hosted by a 20 something friend of mine. I quickly reaffirmed my commitment to avoiding this corn water crap. 3.8% redneck corn water. Seriously, it tastes like someone poured the juice off a can of corn into a glass with the smallest bit of grain alcohol. If you respect yourself, and don't have a tramp-stamp, please stay away. #1 selling beer in America; no wonder we are in such trouble.

In my humble opinion these type of micro light lagers have just become undrinkable anymore. No flavor, no body, no aroma, just a drink for the sake of drinking kind of beer. To each their own.

I think it is unfair for the lowest available rating to be a 1.0. And dishonest. C'mon, can we at least add a 0.5 option if 0.0 is not usable?

Well, as you know.Terrible beer. Gross flavor. Large quantities availabe everywhere at unbeatable prices! Get some!!!

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch