Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,414 | Ratings: 5,730
1.75/5  rDev -9.3%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

After drinking exclusively good beer for six months straight, you really notice how crappy bud light is. Pale state yellow in the glass and it just goes down hill from there. Only the slightest hint of hop aroma as the smell is predominated by the maltiness of the beer. Taste follows the smell with a huge sweet pale malt presence on the front end that finishes a touch sour around the edges of the toungue. Barely a hint of hop presence. Feel is watery and carbonated. Only saving grace is it is rather cold right now so it's true flavor does not really come out (the cold
Numbs your taste buds). I had never minded bud light but after really paying attention to what I am drinking; damn this is crap.

1.98/5  rDev +2.6%

Well the appearance is quite the dilution of beer. Take a normal lager, dump a bunch of water in it, here's your appearance, feintest of feint straw yellow, tons of clarity. Aroma is of some grain.

Taste, is like, nothing. There's another mild impression of grain and that is about it. "hides" the alcohol. Mouthfeel is just seltzer water. Massively overcarbonated, open one up and sit on it for about five minutes. Does it have a function, sure, for people who don't want to taste beer, or someone trying to cleanse their palate between beers.

2.05/5  rDev +6.2%

As refreshing and quenching as water. Drink it cold and it gets the job done - its got a consistent taste, its refreshing and light. Its solid for what it is, but it just doesn't taste great.

1.82/5  rDev -5.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Lets all face it. At one time of your life or another you're going to be at a college or high school party.
You're going to be tossed of these beers.
You're going to drink it because its one of the few things available.
You were probably young and didn't know what good beer was.
But you enjoyed it because it was readily available.
This is a beer for those people.

The taste is akin to seltzer water with a hint of lime and freshly cut grass.
Not too terrible, but not pleasant.

The smell is that of a dirty public restroom. It smells of piss and urinal cakes.
You know that smell.
Like walking into a walmart or public park bathroom. Greeted by pee, feces and a slight rose like smell in the air

The look is slightly yellow and highly carbonated.
It looks like any old light beer.

When you pour it into a glass it has a 2 finger head if its brand new out of a cold can.
Otherwise, its fizzy and reminds me of waking up at 2 in the morning having to pee.

Lets face it. This is a cheap beer to be drinken by people who want to have alcohol in their body fast. Not to be enjoyed or rememebered.

For me it reminds me of camping, and has a nostalgic vibe of walking to the camp grounds bathroom and being greeted by the overwhelming smell of pee and dew in the air.

3.08/5  rDev +59.6%

Beer for Men

Don't think less of me. I was a Ted Nugent fan when I was a child. I liked high-testosterone rock. Stormtroopin'. Stranglehold. Yank Me Crank Me (but don't wake up and thank me). Scream Dream. Wango Tango. I was a confused overly aggressive teenager. I liked that music. But the man is horrible. I'm not going to go into the deets.

The other day I heard that the Bud Light concert series included a concert by Terrible Ted. Someone put together an online petition to be presented to Bud Light. Then suddenly with no announcement, the Nugent concert was removed from the Bud Light website. Good for them. So never having had Bud Light before, I thought I'd give them a head nod and try the product.

I'm impressed. I mean I was not expecting this. This is decent. No, it's not IPA. I love IPAs. In the summer I like to drink something lighter. When I'm scraping decades old caulk off the windows in the hot sun, I tend to consume more liquids, and I'd prefer it to be great tasting beer rather than lemonade so I like something with lower alcohol content or I'll be featured in a World's Dumbest Carpenters video or America's Funniest Home Videos.

The color is your typical 70s beer urine coloring. It's clear, not cloudy. You see some bubbles bubbling up. The smell, oh the smell, brings me back to when I was a kid and my dad would drink cheap beer. I remember smelling it at a block party. And the taste is very, very mild. I mean there is just a hint of a taste, not much. But it goes down smooth and gets the job done. I guess I should get back to scraping that old caulk off now.

2.53/5  rDev +31.1%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

No smell. No head or lacing. Light sweet taste with very little hops bitterness. Nothing offensive. Nothing great either. You could do worse with a light AAL. I think this is the best of the American light beers.

2.41/5  rDev +24.9%

From a can.

Pours a very pale translucent yellow with a half finger, fizzy white head.
Smells of sweet corn, green apples and mild sugar.
Ice cold this isn't half bad, but as it warms it's charm quickly disappears. I get flavors of sugary cereal, bread, red and green apples and just the faintest notion of bitterness.
Feel is light and extremely well carbonated, akin to seltzer water.

Pretty bland, but not necessarily "bad". There's nothing here thats really offensive or repugnant to the palate. If you get this fresh and not sunstroked it's really not terrible. The great thing about this beer is that you can drink a lot of it without getting wasted or having to worry about your caloric intake. I believe there's a time and place for beers like this during the summer when the weather gets really hot.

1.21/5  rDev -37.3%

Look is beautiful... Let's be realistic, lagers are suppose to be crystal clear. This is more clear than most drinking water. In fact everything about this beer is more water than water. Smells like skunky water. Tastes like well water. Feels like carbonated water. Great for cooking pasta and rice in. Great for giving away. Great washing out your growler. Terrible for drinking

2.2/5  rDev +14%

Bud Light, the King of non-descript party beers. Taste gets a 2, because at the least it is no offensive. I hate this shtuff, I really do. But, credit where credit is do, it easy to power drink the hell out this. 8 beers in twenty minutes is not undoable (I just need a few ant-acids before hand). Overall, I give this a three, because it is drinkable and I can drink a lot of it.

3.41/5  rDev +76.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

This beer is not bad at all to be so cheap. The color has a very light golden look to it. its smells light and feels a little watered-down but the taste and feel of it going down is amazing and refreshing. It also has a sweet taste unlike and other light beer I've tried so far. No hangover noticed at all the next morning which was a plus. Overall, great beer for parties or hanging out with friends at home. Its also good to have by your self. And as I found out, its a great beer to marinate beef steak or flap meat with.

1.22/5  rDev -36.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

A - Similar to urine after you drink a gallon of water. A bit of white head/foam.

S - Nothing. I got absolutely nothing.

T - Red Solo cups, failure and regret.

M - Almost flat seltzer water.

O - To borrow a term from modern day pundit, commentator and all around philosopher Charles Barkley, this beer is "turrible". It's reputation for being awful is well deserved. Drink at your own peril. The only redeeming aspect of drinking this beer is that it'll remind you of how bad beer can be, thus allowing you to recalibrate your palate and truly appreciate all the great beers out there.

1.61/5  rDev -16.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

A- Bight yellow but not as fluorescent as piss when taking vitamin B supplements.

S- A faint hint of hops.

T- Some hop bitterness at the finish.

M- Llght mouthfeel with a fizzy finish. Watery texture covered up by the fizz at the finish.

D- Some hop bitterness, but in a bad way. No malt qualities.

3.56/5  rDev +84.5%

L: clear yellow, tons of carbonation. White head
S: raw ingredients, barley, yeast, malt.
T: very sweet. Think sugar water with barley.
F: super drinkable for which it's known for. Very refreshing on a hot day.
O: perfect session beer for being outside on a hot day.

I told myself I wouldn't rate this. But I've been drinking (Not this beer, though I have had it) and I took some notes on this one time as a joke. It tastes absolutely terrible, smells terrible, feels bad in my mouth, taste is reminiscent of a fake apple granola bar mixed with water and left to rot. Seriously, this is the only beer that I flat out refuse to drink.

This stuff is absolute garbage. I'm a college kids who drinks his fair share of cheap light beers but Bud Light is an absolute joke. This stuff is about as boring as it gets.

Pours a clear golden yellow with a finger of white foam.

Smells like musty grains.

Grain soaked water.

Light-bodied, high carbonation.

Overall, nothing there.

2.75/5  rDev +42.5%

In tasting and reviewing this beer, one has to remember we are rating a light adjunct lager. To be fair, we have to compare how it stacks up against other beers in the same category. It has an entirely appropriate color, carbonation and mouthfeel and is crisp and refreshing. No off flavors, none of that canned-corn sweetness of corn beers, no perceptible yeastiness. As a brewer, I am keenly aware of how hard it is to make this beer style this well, whether you like the style or not. Don't get me wrong...I don't buy this stuff unless I have certain friends or family coming over, but I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the haters make it out to be. Just don't expect it to taste like "real" beer!

Let's all be honest, Budweiser is a pretty good commercial beer. Now remove some of the kick and water it down more... What do you have left over? Bud Light.

1.8/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Bud Light is a perfect beer for a college kid with literally no taste buds. This beer tastes very water down and that's basically all to it. Didn't really get much from the aroma but the taste of the beer was all I needed. I would definitely recommend other light beers instead.

1.28/5  rDev -33.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

01/28/2012
Smells Awful. Looks like Yellow-White Pissy piss water. Taste is musty grass. The only saving grace is that it is watered down and ice cold.

1.73/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

This is a light beer. I understand that. The expectation for this drink was very low and it did not impress. The best way to describe this beer is with this idea. The brewmaster had a vat of hot water and then they poured a syrup with the label "beer flavour" on it into the water. It is the most bland, watery, and uninteresting beer there is. It is not at all ambitious. Having said that the beer is drinkable. I mean, so is tap water. It looks a light yellow. Moderate carbonation. Moderate head. Very dry beer in fact (leaves you thirsty). This is just a bare bones cheap beer and hey, it's tolerable but anyone wanting a decent beer will not find that in bud light.

1.23/5  rDev -36.3%

Ive drank craft beer (and mostly exceptional craft beer, at that) for SO long that my tastebuds literally needed to "adjust" to this swill.

One BA member said it best that if you like this; "get the picture- you are not a real beer drinker!"

2.53/5  rDev +31.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Everyone here that's looking up Bud Light knows what they're getting. At some point in your beer drinking life, you're gonna have a Bud Light. I've had it more than I know, but I haven't had it in years. Someone left a can in the in-laws fridge so I grabbed it since they don't drink. Right from the can, Aroma and taste are identical: cool filtered water and subtle sweet creamed corn. It's not bad, but it's not much. Drinks like water.

Look, I'm not gonna shit on Bud Light. It's mower beer. It is what it is and it is. It's not bad, it's not good, it just exists. And, that's enough.

1.83/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Served in a seidel, it pours a light yellow, clear, with a one-finger head, frothy, with some retention.

Faint sweet malts, corn. Almost nonexistent.

The taste follows the nose, barely. Actually, there is almost no flavor whatsoever, and that almost absent flavor fades almost instantly. Watery mouthfeel, a lot of carbonation.

So, this is only a choice if you are hot and thirsty and have no interest in flavor or aroma, at all.
However, this is the kind of beer that stained the pride and honor of all beers in the mainstream opinion. Not cool, budlight, not cool.

1.94/5  rDev +0.5%

Had it from the can because it was free.
Smelled of light grains and corn. That's a stretch.
Tasted like corn water.
Went down like water, essentially.
Overall. It's Bud Light. Read the other reviews. I prefer a Coors Light.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch