Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Ratings: 5,907 |  Reviews: 1,445

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Bought this at my first Devils game. Only got it because I had never tried it before and I thought maybe it'd be worth trying. Totally wasn't worth 7 bucks that's for sure.

Yellow in color, flavor is very minimal, absolutely nothing else to really say about this brew other than it's got a slight sweetness to it which is nice I suppose. I never need to have this beer again.

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%

2.15/5  rDev +11.4%

What more can be said about this? For what it is, which is a social party beer, it does its job certainly. My only gripe with it is that it's basically the same price as micro's yet people still insist on getting this. A 30 pack +tax/deposit will run you like $22! If you want cheap beer you can get Natty Light or Gennesse among others for about half the price and they taste the same!

1.74/5  rDev -9.8%

A: The beer is crystal clear very light yellow in color and has a moderate amount of carbonation. It poured with a finger high bright white head that quickly died down, leaving a thin layer of bubbles on the surface and a thicker collar around the edge of the glass.
S: There are light aromas of rice adjunct malts in the nose.
T: The taste is very similar to the smell and is filled with flavors of rice. No bitterness is perceptible.
M: It feels very light-bodied and also quite watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer goes down easily but I wouldn’t consider it to be that drinkable unless you have this ice cold. As the beer begins to warm up, the taste doesn’t make this beer that palatable.

2.11/5  rDev +9.3%

Enjoyed last night at a BJCP class tasting. Although the samples were quite small, the analysis and dialogue of the beer was quite thorough. The beer opens with a fizzy pour, quaint head formation, and terse retention. Highly carbonated, even evident to the eye. Aroams are very faint, and pick up on a mostly cereal grain / light pilsner malt character, and a hint of green apples and sulfer. Tastes more grain-flavored and adjunct sweetened than malty. Hops may add a touch of balance, but do little to impart any decernable flavors or aromas to the beer. Basically void of meaninful taste. Texture is quite flat from the lack of malts, but abrasive because of the carbonation (carbonic bite). Finishes clean (but so does water), and with a shap snappy finish. Difficult to praise, or to criticize -- there's just not much there.

2.03/5  rDev +5.2%

341ml bottle. At a loud metal concert, I find myself very thirsty, and with the option of paying 3 bucks for a bottle of water, or 5 for this particular beer. So, went my thought pattern, when else will I have a chance (or desire) to review Bud Light? Two birds with one stone, as it were. The bottle is actually quite decent looking, sleek. At least I was able to get a glass to go with it.

This beer pours a crystal clear, very pale golden straw colour, with three fingers of thinly foamy, weakly puffy bone white head, which disappears rather hastily in front of my eyes, leaving little beyond a small spray of specked lace around the glass as it quickly sinks away.

It smells, well, the few times that I've been able to discern an aroma from water, well, that's what this smells like - maybe that water was a little too hard, and should be tested at the same rate - very faint, musty grain is all I'm really getting now. The taste is pretty much thin corn syrup, the water left over after straining rice, and nothing else, hops or otherwise.

The carbonation is quite anemic, the body thin and lightweight, by design, and smooth by the same boardroom paradigm. It finishes generally off-dry, a subtle grainy sweetness messing with an otherwise straight up filtered water experience.

Well, it sure goes down, like, um, you guessed it. I can't fault this for tasting bad, as it really is the picture of flavour neutrality, like too many other widely available products that I will refrain from naming here. What I can't seem to grok is drinking a case of these over an evening's activities - I'd much prefer a few well-made strong drinks, with unadulterated water in between.

1.92/5  rDev -0.5%

Served on draught into a beer glass somewhere in Denver, Colorado. Reviewed from notes. My expectations were actually a bit lower than the beer ended up deserving. Naturally though, that an't much, lads.

A: No head. Shit clear yellow colour. Unappealing.

Sm: Water and barley. Light as all hell.

T: Barley and water. Pathetic and abysmally built. Balanced for what it is, but water is present.

Mf: Smooth, wet, and disgustingly watery.

Dr: As a flavored water, it's easy to drink and is of abysmal qualtiy, but costs quite a bit on tap.

1.13/5  rDev -41.5%

Bottle: Poured a very light yellow color lager with small bubbly head with not much retention. Aroma of adjunct and little else. Taste is very light indeed, similar to water with bit of corn in there. Body is so thin it’s unbelievable. Hard to believe but being stuck between the regular Bud and this, I would go with Bud.

1.7/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. can. It is clear yellow color that is highly carbonated. It smells of alcohol and faintly of corn. The taste is very watery. Maybe there is some malt flavor mixed in there too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy. It's only drinkable because it is so light.

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%

Appearance - Pale yellow, practically colorless, with a fizzy, soda-like head that disappears almost instantly.

Smell - A bit of husky grain, but it's difficult to pick out anything specific. Nothing going on here.

Taste/mouthfeel - A touch of cereal grain sweetness, no bitterness whatsoever. Not much else to it. Beyond light-bodied; more watery than anything. Excessive carbonation creates a fizzy, club soda-like mouthfeel. This is without a doubt the blandest beer I've tried thus far. I guess that's the point, but it's definitely not my thing. I'll take a pils or helles lager instead.

1.68/5  rDev -13%

Someone left this at my place, so I figured I'd review it.

Poured into pint glass.

Pours 1 finger of fizzy white head That fades down pretty fast. No lace. Color is a clear light straw yellow.

Aroma: Very grainy with corn. Light dull hops. Yep, that's about it.

Taste: very bland. big grain flavor with lame hops. Corn on the side. Not something I am enjoying at all.

Mouthfeel: Very crisp. An extremely light body with a high amount of carbonation. Ends with a grainy dry aftertaste.

Overall, not something I enjoy drinking. I will throw a pickle in this one to give it a little more flavor. This beer is not my type of thing. I won't drink this one unless someone offers me one.

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%

1.25/5  rDev -35.2%

3.28/5  rDev +69.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Pours a very clear, yellowish/light straw gold with a white head that drops almost immediately to just a collar. The aroma is quite limited but offers some dull maltiness if you seek it out. The body is light with a very fine carbonation that's gently crisp in the mouth. The flavor is limited as well, but offers a clean combination of gentle malt and mild hop. It finishes exceptionally clean and drying. There's not really much here, but I guess that's the point of light beer. What makes it stand out in its category, however, is that there's absolutely no off-flavor to it and the balance is dead on. Very well made.

2.53/5  rDev +31.1%

2.09/5  rDev +8.3%

On tap. Served in a shaker pint.
I believe this is my first Bud Light ... and my last.
This is probably the most watery and tasteless beer I've ever had (possible exception: another An-Busch Light beer). It almost certainly has less aroma than any other beer I've ever had. I
have good reason to suspect I have a rather sensitive sense of smell yet this beer has almost none.
They shouldn't even call this beer.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch