Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,429 | Ratings: 5,816
2.6/5  rDev +34.7%

When a young man wants to impress his friends by buying some popular beer that is just within his price range, he buys Bud Light. To the credit of the brewers, this is an extremely difficult beer to produce consistently: it is so light that imperfections show easily. Ask any brewer worth his hops and no matter how much he hates this beer, he always tips his hat to the brewery.

That being said, the taste is so light as to be close to water. Cans and draft taste better than bottle; not because of light spoilage, but one expects the tinny aftertaste from an aluminum serving vessel. Appearance and head, etc are not important, as this is a beer for someone who isn't particular about those things.

Please don't snob the drinker of this beer. Educate him softly; buy him a "good" lager or wheat to set him on his exploratory journey into the great world of beer.

i really have nothing good to say about this beer except if you can order something else, go ahead and get it what ever it is, cause nothing can be as bad as what they put in this beer. please be a resonable person and get something that is tasty and goes down smooth.

1.42/5  rDev -26.4%

Bottle -> pint glass.

A - Extremely pale yellow, much like piss after a couple glasses of water. An aggressive pour worked up a few very large bubbles; none of them stayed to even attempt to form a head. Quite depressing.

S - Water. Maybe a little hot summer corn mingled in there too. Nothing I could notice as either malt or hops. Not really enjoying this so far....

T - The taste is exactly like the smell -- pretty much nonexistent. It's like I'm drinking a glass of carbonated corn-flavored water.

M - Very thin and watery mouthfeel, and lots and lots of carbonation. I might as well be drinking a glass of seltzer water.

This beer sucks. I can't believe so many people drink this stuff so religiously. I can't imagine how boring your life must be if you look forward to coming home to this crap at the end of the day.

1.8/5  rDev -6.7%

Bud Light looks like watered down beer. It's flavor is bland, and has the feel of highly carbonated water.

It doesn't go down smooth... It is refreshing on a hot day, but that is probably because it mostly taste like water. There is some redeaming qualities... like it is great to use for boiling bratwursts in.

1.35/5  rDev -30.1%

i am not a big fan of lite or light beers as the spelling depends on the beer.
i bought bud light because i have all ready tried everything cheap and this mini mart that wasn't a mikes hard shit or four loko. so at least it's better than that i guess.

its pours thin and yellow

tastes super adjucty, corn and rice and i got a really weird chemical taste like rubber or plastic . gross!

and the big surprise isn't that i didn't like this beer the suprise is that i just had tried natural light and it tastes way superior which is funny natural light is cheaper bud light is actually expensive .

if you must get a light beer i say natural light
or rolling rock but not dos equis that shit is not worth the money , for me i like genesee

im not buyijg bud light ever again the regular budweiser is bad enough but its 5.0% so its it's worth it and it's not that bad .

bud light for frat boys and girls that don't know good beer....

3.76/5  rDev +94.8%

This is the most popular beer in the United States. I shall review it now, with zero bias.
Poured into a one liter beer mug from a 25 oz. can at a reasonable temperature...

Appearance - Has a very pale yellow straw color. It has a tall, soapy head, then dissipates. Appears to have high carbonation.

Smell - Not bad, smells of cereal and of adjunct corn and rice. No sign of hops.

Taste - Tastes just like Budweiser's little bro. I can taste grain and zero hops. The taste is muted compared to Budweiser's.

Mouth feel - Very spritzy, very carbonated, and watered down.

Overall - Well, this is an excellent party beer and bar beer, but it's not a good sit-down-and-drink beer. Still far better than other light beers I have tried. I feel like it has been given an underrated score.

1.03/5  rDev -46.6%

Had this at a baseball game most recently, but obviously I've had it before. I actually got this by mistake at the game, as I'd ordered a budweiser but the person behind the counter misheard me. Anyway, this doesn't taste anything like beer. It's carbonated water that someone dipped some barley in. Waaayyyyy too carbonated and what taste is there is awful. Cannot understand the appeal of this beer when the original budweiser, while not great, is miles better and just as cheap.

1.91/5  rDev -1%

Well. Might as well go back to where it all started. Bud Light was the first beer that I drank until I got drunk. I'm honestly not looking forward to this...

It pours a light golden color with a quarter inch of head that dissipates quickly. Almost no lacing.

Almost no smell. I was expecting...SOMETHING, but got absolutely nothing. I just got a second and third opinion and I got the same thing from them. Nothing. Water has more smell.

The taste is watery and unpleasant. I cant quite put my finger on what it is that I don't like...I just don't like it.

The mouthfeel is overcarbonated and watery. Just no good.

I can give it a good rating for drinkability though. It's a beer that you can drink all day and not get (any more) tired of it. I don't know. ll around, I'm not going to drink this beer unless I'm drinking to forget. And hopefully I'll forget how awful this beer is.

I drink this in cans on the golf course, and bottles at home. It is easy to find and cost effective. It tastes good, goes down good. It kills the thirst after mowing, and while playing golf.

Besides it is no fun being a beer snob. If it all tasted the same how boring would that be?

2.8/5  rDev +45.1%

Fist off if you ding bud light just because don't waste your time reviewing. we all loathe it. It's because it's popular. From it's soda pop inspired label to its "try not to piss any one off" taste. It's truly frustrating that some people won't touch anything else. Case in point is BL Platinum. selling off the charts to the sheep who drink nothing but bud light but if they sold it as any other name it wouldn't. ok.. I've drifted enough,

Poured into a 16 oz mug. light, watery, 2 finger head quickly disappears. fizzy, no smell. watery mouth feel but that Budweiser rice smoothness. Its watered down budweiser . Its drinkable and available everywhere. Don't hate it for what it is. I hate the sheep who will drink nothing but.

Note: I review for the style. I refuse to let my prejudices slant any review. Nothing worse than the typical beer snob reviewing an AAL, same for your AAL drinker reviewing a craft brew.

1.2/5  rDev -37.8%

This is a very low quality beer. Of course it is a light lager and that's what we get but it is below average. Still it is not enough even tough it is a light lager. There is no smell almost and no taste. It is a little to watery too. it is alcoholic water.

4.1/5  rDev +112.4%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please?

3.02/5  rDev +56.5%

appearance-very clear and carbonated and yellow/golden.

smell-smells like beer, smells very light and it smells different than a budweiser in my opinion.

taste-very light, smooth, no bitterness and no noticable hop flavor. very smooth.

feel-watery and fizzy

overall-good light beer. this is a get drunk beer in my opinion.

This is the best selling beer in America? I recently read that somewhere. The only conclusion I can come to is, on the whole, the majority of American beer drinkers have no taste. It has to be dumbass college kids driving sales of this dreck. This is putrid. I guess it's true: if you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it.and with their commercials they repeat it ad nauseam.

Appearance- watery yellow
smell- awful
taste- awful
mouthfeel- watery/gassy
drinkability- why would you want to?

I recently picked up a number of different macros looking for one to stretch the budget in times of rediculously inflated beer prices.
this was one. bad choice. I also said in a past review of one of them : 'numerous horrible reviews to follow'. not so. I'm not reviewing anymore of these over hyped, over carbonated, nasty tasting cans of rancid dog piss. so there.
Take that anheuser- busch, and shove your gazillion dollar advertising budget up the south end of a north bound clydesdale.

don't waste your money, they'll just spend it on more stupid commercials,and you'll feel like you've been had.
and you'll be right.

Another fine example of why American macro beers are generally (garbage) ouside of the many fine craft brewers that are out there...

I have no idea why anywone would drink this stuff. I wouldn't even wash dishes in it.

Well I had afew left over from a big party and had to try one. Why even bother(?)

Do yourself a favor...leave these in the back of the fridge for later consideration.

Pure junk..

1.6/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

A: Very light straw colored

S: Not too pronounced. Slight corn smell, also stale water sort of smell

T: Is someone told me this was gold colored carbonated water I would believe it. There is really no sort of taste. The carbonation adds some bite, but there is no body to balance the taste. There is no real malt profile

M: Feels horrible. It feels thin with some edge to it, and not a nice hoppy edge, but just an over-carbonated to make up for no flavor sort of edge.

D: If you are trying to get drunk then this stuff is cheap and goes
down like slightly contaminated water. You can have a lot and not feel too bloated. I think there are other alternatives to cheap beer that are better, like a yuengling. Its sort of sad that America thinks of this as America's Beer. There is so much more out there.

2.45/5  rDev +26.9%

A drier version of the American adjunct light lager. Whereas Miller is sweeter, Bud Light is a little drier with more pronounced carbonation showing through. Like Miller Lite, it is a definite beer for long chugging sessions. Buzz is guaranteed. So is an overflowing bladder and numbed taste buds, forgotten nights, discarded clothing, etc. A beer for long parties where sustainability is key and drunkeness is the goal. Taste? Seriously, WTF? Are we drinking this style for our dedication to craftmanship here? What the hell!

2.38/5  rDev +23.3%

The ubiquitous But Light. Had a bottle over at my Uncle Mike's. Watery, to say the least. Very little flavor, but not unpleasant. No aftertaste, but not much actual taste either. As the ads say, quite drinkable, which is better than nothing, and low cal. I can see why people who want to get drunk fast suck these things down--you could down a six pack without noticing it.

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%

I just wanted to post something for anyone that is legitimately looking up Bud light. You should probably leave this site and continue to buy cheap, disgusting beer.

I do not think that it is possible to brew anything worse than this terrible attempt at a "beer". If I was unfortunate enough to only have enough money to buy a bud light I would scavenge for change under my couch, or save my money for a not-so-rainy day.

For those of you that look at crappy beers to catch a laugh, Im right there with you.

Cheers

3.31/5  rDev +71.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Served straight from a tallboy. Golden yellow appearance and a classic light beer. You can drink a lot of this beer. American beer taste. Toasted grains really come through in the aroma and taste, but there is not much flavor diversity beyond that. A very refreshing beer that has a lively, highly carbonated mouthfeel. Smooth taste, with bubbles, and with very little lingering aftertaste.

2.74/5  rDev +42%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

People are giving this beer too much shit, honestly it's a beer that is meant to be drank at the beach, parties, and any drunk holiday where you just don't care and don't want to be a snob. For many of us this was our first beer, yeah is it watered down piss taste maybe but still remember the nostalgic memories it deserve's.

2.36/5  rDev +22.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I take it from reading the previous 100 reviews that the raters have not grasped the concept of light beers. They are not brewed to taste good, they are brewed so that sone overweight smuck can convince him/her self that this will be good for their physic. It's a watered down version of another beer. Of course it taste like dung. If you watered down a Coke, that would taste bad too. As far as watered down beers go, this is one of the better ones. Actually for a brief second it taste like a regular lager. Hey if you buy a cheap car you ain't gonna race at Daytona. If you buy a light beer you're never gonna be happy if flavor is what you're after.

1.8/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

This brew is currently what the youth of America are supping. God help us. Hey, there is a lot to say about marketing and right now the ads carry this beer. Poor students can certainly get a plethora of better tasting cheaper brews: Miller Lite, Pabst, High Life, Schlitz, Golden Anniversary. If it is due to calorie intake (biggest marketing scam in modern day next to tartar control toothpaste) then there is no doubt that Miller Lite or Amstel Light have more beer taste.

But don't get me wrong. If I'm out playing wiffleball or at Fenway and my buddy comes back with a cup of Bud Light. I'll drink it. There are times when it is okay. There are just way too few when it is right.

1.85/5  rDev -4.1%

One of my friends recently discovered I have been reviewing beer. He hands me a can of this and says "Review this one, it's the best light beer in America." Okay...

Typcial appearance, taste and smell for this variety of beer. Listed on this site countless times. Very consistent. Very watery and light mouthfeel. It's nothing special, nor is it intended to be. Best light beer in America?? IMO that's not really an achievement. This is cheap and easy, and good if you're thirsty. But guess what? Water is also good if you're thirsty.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch