Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,414 | Ratings: 5,727
2.8/5  rDev +45.1%

Fist off if you ding bud light just because don't waste your time reviewing. we all loathe it. It's because it's popular. From it's soda pop inspired label to its "try not to piss any one off" taste. It's truly frustrating that some people won't touch anything else. Case in point is BL Platinum. selling off the charts to the sheep who drink nothing but bud light but if they sold it as any other name it wouldn't. ok.. I've drifted enough,

Poured into a 16 oz mug. light, watery, 2 finger head quickly disappears. fizzy, no smell. watery mouth feel but that Budweiser rice smoothness. Its watered down budweiser . Its drinkable and available everywhere. Don't hate it for what it is. I hate the sheep who will drink nothing but.

Note: I review for the style. I refuse to let my prejudices slant any review. Nothing worse than the typical beer snob reviewing an AAL, same for your AAL drinker reviewing a craft brew.

1.2/5  rDev -37.8%

This is a very low quality beer. Of course it is a light lager and that's what we get but it is below average. Still it is not enough even tough it is a light lager. There is no smell almost and no taste. It is a little to watery too. it is alcoholic water.

4.1/5  rDev +112.4%

This is my all time favorite beer, for a everyday drink. Whether its after a long day of work or even a tailgate day where you are out drinking all day in the sun, this is the beer for you. It is a light beer that is nothing special. Served cold out of the bottle is best for this beer. It's look is light and carbonated with little aroma this beer is good for any occasion.

Purely and simply a mass produced "beer" no quality. Bad taste , extremely filling. Over -carbonated, and low abv. Anheuser Busch can hate on craft beer all it wants but its still picking up craft breweries? I don't get it. Don't drink this unless its free. Please?

3.02/5  rDev +56.5%

appearance-very clear and carbonated and yellow/golden.

smell-smells like beer, smells very light and it smells different than a budweiser in my opinion.

taste-very light, smooth, no bitterness and no noticable hop flavor. very smooth.

feel-watery and fizzy

overall-good light beer. this is a get drunk beer in my opinion.

This is the best selling beer in America? I recently read that somewhere. The only conclusion I can come to is, on the whole, the majority of American beer drinkers have no taste. It has to be dumbass college kids driving sales of this dreck. This is putrid. I guess it's true: if you repeat a lie long enough, people will believe it.and with their commercials they repeat it ad nauseam.

Appearance- watery yellow
smell- awful
taste- awful
mouthfeel- watery/gassy
drinkability- why would you want to?

I recently picked up a number of different macros looking for one to stretch the budget in times of rediculously inflated beer prices.
this was one. bad choice. I also said in a past review of one of them : 'numerous horrible reviews to follow'. not so. I'm not reviewing anymore of these over hyped, over carbonated, nasty tasting cans of rancid dog piss. so there.
Take that anheuser- busch, and shove your gazillion dollar advertising budget up the south end of a north bound clydesdale.

don't waste your money, they'll just spend it on more stupid commercials,and you'll feel like you've been had.
and you'll be right.

Another fine example of why American macro beers are generally (garbage) ouside of the many fine craft brewers that are out there...

I have no idea why anywone would drink this stuff. I wouldn't even wash dishes in it.

Well I had afew left over from a big party and had to try one. Why even bother(?)

Do yourself a favor...leave these in the back of the fridge for later consideration.

Pure junk..

1.6/5  rDev -17.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

A: Very light straw colored

S: Not too pronounced. Slight corn smell, also stale water sort of smell

T: Is someone told me this was gold colored carbonated water I would believe it. There is really no sort of taste. The carbonation adds some bite, but there is no body to balance the taste. There is no real malt profile

M: Feels horrible. It feels thin with some edge to it, and not a nice hoppy edge, but just an over-carbonated to make up for no flavor sort of edge.

D: If you are trying to get drunk then this stuff is cheap and goes
down like slightly contaminated water. You can have a lot and not feel too bloated. I think there are other alternatives to cheap beer that are better, like a yuengling. Its sort of sad that America thinks of this as America's Beer. There is so much more out there.

2.45/5  rDev +26.9%

A drier version of the American adjunct light lager. Whereas Miller is sweeter, Bud Light is a little drier with more pronounced carbonation showing through. Like Miller Lite, it is a definite beer for long chugging sessions. Buzz is guaranteed. So is an overflowing bladder and numbed taste buds, forgotten nights, discarded clothing, etc. A beer for long parties where sustainability is key and drunkeness is the goal. Taste? Seriously, WTF? Are we drinking this style for our dedication to craftmanship here? What the hell!

2.38/5  rDev +23.3%

The ubiquitous But Light. Had a bottle over at my Uncle Mike's. Watery, to say the least. Very little flavor, but not unpleasant. No aftertaste, but not much actual taste either. As the ads say, quite drinkable, which is better than nothing, and low cal. I can see why people who want to get drunk fast suck these things down--you could down a six pack without noticing it.

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%

I just wanted to post something for anyone that is legitimately looking up Bud light. You should probably leave this site and continue to buy cheap, disgusting beer.

I do not think that it is possible to brew anything worse than this terrible attempt at a "beer". If I was unfortunate enough to only have enough money to buy a bud light I would scavenge for change under my couch, or save my money for a not-so-rainy day.

For those of you that look at crappy beers to catch a laugh, Im right there with you.

Cheers

3.31/5  rDev +71.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Served straight from a tallboy. Golden yellow appearance and a classic light beer. You can drink a lot of this beer. American beer taste. Toasted grains really come through in the aroma and taste, but there is not much flavor diversity beyond that. A very refreshing beer that has a lively, highly carbonated mouthfeel. Smooth taste, with bubbles, and with very little lingering aftertaste.

2.74/5  rDev +42%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

People are giving this beer too much shit, honestly it's a beer that is meant to be drank at the beach, parties, and any drunk holiday where you just don't care and don't want to be a snob. For many of us this was our first beer, yeah is it watered down piss taste maybe but still remember the nostalgic memories it deserve's.

Not much to say that already hasn't been said about Bud Light. pale yellow, no aroma to it. The taste is water mixed with corn juice and then refrigerated. Bud Light is just another sad product of the carb craze. Bud Lght and all the other light lagers are the saddest syle of a beer ever made.

1.8/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3

This brew is currently what the youth of America are supping. God help us. Hey, there is a lot to say about marketing and right now the ads carry this beer. Poor students can certainly get a plethora of better tasting cheaper brews: Miller Lite, Pabst, High Life, Schlitz, Golden Anniversary. If it is due to calorie intake (biggest marketing scam in modern day next to tartar control toothpaste) then there is no doubt that Miller Lite or Amstel Light have more beer taste.

But don't get me wrong. If I'm out playing wiffleball or at Fenway and my buddy comes back with a cup of Bud Light. I'll drink it. There are times when it is okay. There are just way too few when it is right.

1.85/5  rDev -4.1%

One of my friends recently discovered I have been reviewing beer. He hands me a can of this and says "Review this one, it's the best light beer in America." Okay...

Typcial appearance, taste and smell for this variety of beer. Listed on this site countless times. Very consistent. Very watery and light mouthfeel. It's nothing special, nor is it intended to be. Best light beer in America?? IMO that's not really an achievement. This is cheap and easy, and good if you're thirsty. But guess what? Water is also good if you're thirsty.

1.74/5  rDev -9.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This beer isn't really worth a well detailed review. This beer along with a few other "light" American beers pretty much have the same impression on me. Iv wound up drinking this beer on many occasions and before I really started tasting beers I thought this wasn't bad.
The taste is that of water, its really only ok to use for beer pong.

1.6/5  rDev -17.1%

Let's be honest. This is just not a good beer. Hands down. Simple as that. I also doubt anyone on a site like Beer Advocate would disagree with me. ANYWAY...

A - I will give them this. The beer is clear. Then again, if you're essentially making alcohol water, how could it not be?

S - Meh... Let's be honest, there's just nothing special going on here.

T - Just bad. Not good. How else can you say it? It's wispy, thin, fizzy yellow alcohol water. There's no complexity. How this has passed for "America's Beer" or what have you is beyond me.

M - It was hard to come up with anything here. I was too busy choking this nonsense down at a party in a beer pong game to even care.

Overall - a completley forgettable product. It's just a bad faith effort at a brew, not to mention the way Anheuser-Busch pushes around the craft/micro brewers just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (almost as bad as the one left behind from their actual product.)

2.93/5  rDev +51.8%

Well its come to my attention that I have only reviewed some of the best beers in the world(as listed by BA). I thought it was time to truly appreciate what I'm lucky enough to have by reviewing something I'd rather not.

Poured from a 12oz can into a pilsner glass. Nice head admittedly at first but that faded as soon as I walked to my computer.

Appearance is crystal clear yellowish.

Smell is very metallic.

taste, what taste? As far as I can tell this has no real taste.

Mouth feel, water. Same consistency as water, only slightly more carbonation.

Drinkability, I guess all of those commercials were right, it has superior drinkabilty. The drinkability of water.

1.88/5  rDev -2.6%

this is a party beer plane and simple. It doesn't taste great. It doesn't look great. It works great for party games such as beer pong, flip cup, quarters, anchorman, or whatever but it is definitely not a beer to be savored hence i will not do a full review of it. I can only say that as a poor college student it has graced my fridge on multiple occasions.

1.3/5  rDev -32.6%

A: Light yellow color. Crystal clear. Zero head.

S: Smell of slight grain, but nothing really there.

T: Watery pilsner taste devoid of any hop flavor.

D: Yes you can drink 50 of these in a single sitting... you still won't be drunk but you can.

Listen, it is what it is. Some people don't drink for flavor, they drink the easiest thing they can. The only redeeming factor to this beer is the fact that you can drink 400 if it's the only thing around. I get into this situation in remote areas and you just have to get through it. Better than water... maybe...

1.4/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

granted, this is my least favorite beer of all time, but it is gross. It tastes like chalk and does not sit well with me, i can barely get it down, and definitely not enjoy it. They claim this has "drinkability" it does not. i find natty to be easier to drink than this. sorry but just not my beer at all.

1.98/5  rDev +2.6%

There are two different types of people who drink Bud Light. People who don't like it, and people who do. All the reviews on this site seem to be slanted away from the beer, which is understandable considering the beers that the people on this forum seem to enjoy most. Because of that, I based my review on the same principle. With that being said, there is no better, inexpensive, readily accessible beer that I know of that's better than Bud Light. No matter what time it is, what place is open, you can always count on them to have Bud Light ready, waiting, and cold.

A cold beer while you are working on the car, or mowing the grass, something that you are going to slam and drink fast, Bud Light is where you need to be. Sure, there are other beers out there that are about the same price, maybe taste a bit better or whatever, but the point here is that Bud Light is the most prominent beer in this country. And it's not too horrible to boot, given the circumstances I've put above. 9 o'clock at night, not too hungry and you want to have a nice beer with some tv? Perhaps a Bud Light is not the best call. However, if you are out to dinner with your in-laws, completely uncomfortable, and you need beer, fast... Maybe even you are trying to pull an all-dayer and you want to have something that says "beer" in your hand every second of the day... Bud Light wins every-time.

1.53/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ill start off by saying that before i decided i wanted to widen my horizons in the beer world i drank this all the time which was just a few weeks ago. I have spent alot of money on this beer so if i feel as if i am dogging it its because before this i thought i was drinking a viable beer and am i a weird way a little disappointed.

Poured into a pint glass, looks like watered down mountain dew. Smells of corn malt and water. The taste is just as the smell WATER. I see why this is "light" beer. The mouthfeel isnt really there as compared to a glass of water with a splash of sprite.

As of a week or so ago i can now say i really dislike this beer and i feel as if i have every reason to down this beer in a semi constructive manor because of how great i used to think it was when i was blind to fact that a beer should should have flavors be pleasing, also the fact that i have drank many of these and that being said have spent alot of money on this product.

2.38/5  rDev +23.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Pours out a very light lager, lots of carbination and very little head

A light smell of beer present

Taste- Bland but not bitter, well carbonated

Mouthful- Decent Drinkability but not a very prenounced flavor.

First choice for a "Party" lager if I had to choose one.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch