Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,417 | Ratings: 5,747
2.75/5  rDev +42.5%

In tasting and reviewing this beer, one has to remember we are rating a light adjunct lager. To be fair, we have to compare how it stacks up against other beers in the same category. It has an entirely appropriate color, carbonation and mouthfeel and is crisp and refreshing. No off flavors, none of that canned-corn sweetness of corn beers, no perceptible yeastiness. As a brewer, I am keenly aware of how hard it is to make this beer style this well, whether you like the style or not. Don't get me wrong...I don't buy this stuff unless I have certain friends or family coming over, but I don't think it's quite as bad as some of the haters make it out to be. Just don't expect it to taste like "real" beer!

Let's all be honest, Budweiser is a pretty good commercial beer. Now remove some of the kick and water it down more... What do you have left over? Bud Light.

1.8/5  rDev -6.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Bud Light is a perfect beer for a college kid with literally no taste buds. This beer tastes very water down and that's basically all to it. Didn't really get much from the aroma but the taste of the beer was all I needed. I would definitely recommend other light beers instead.

1.28/5  rDev -33.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

01/28/2012
Smells Awful. Looks like Yellow-White Pissy piss water. Taste is musty grass. The only saving grace is that it is watered down and ice cold.

1.73/5  rDev -10.4%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

This is a light beer. I understand that. The expectation for this drink was very low and it did not impress. The best way to describe this beer is with this idea. The brewmaster had a vat of hot water and then they poured a syrup with the label "beer flavour" on it into the water. It is the most bland, watery, and uninteresting beer there is. It is not at all ambitious. Having said that the beer is drinkable. I mean, so is tap water. It looks a light yellow. Moderate carbonation. Moderate head. Very dry beer in fact (leaves you thirsty). This is just a bare bones cheap beer and hey, it's tolerable but anyone wanting a decent beer will not find that in bud light.

1.23/5  rDev -36.3%

Ive drank craft beer (and mostly exceptional craft beer, at that) for SO long that my tastebuds literally needed to "adjust" to this swill.

One BA member said it best that if you like this; "get the picture- you are not a real beer drinker!"

2.53/5  rDev +31.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Everyone here that's looking up Bud Light knows what they're getting. At some point in your beer drinking life, you're gonna have a Bud Light. I've had it more than I know, but I haven't had it in years. Someone left a can in the in-laws fridge so I grabbed it since they don't drink. Right from the can, Aroma and taste are identical: cool filtered water and subtle sweet creamed corn. It's not bad, but it's not much. Drinks like water.

Look, I'm not gonna shit on Bud Light. It's mower beer. It is what it is and it is. It's not bad, it's not good, it just exists. And, that's enough.

1.83/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Served in a seidel, it pours a light yellow, clear, with a one-finger head, frothy, with some retention.

Faint sweet malts, corn. Almost nonexistent.

The taste follows the nose, barely. Actually, there is almost no flavor whatsoever, and that almost absent flavor fades almost instantly. Watery mouthfeel, a lot of carbonation.

So, this is only a choice if you are hot and thirsty and have no interest in flavor or aroma, at all.
However, this is the kind of beer that stained the pride and honor of all beers in the mainstream opinion. Not cool, budlight, not cool.

1.94/5  rDev +0.5%

Had it from the can because it was free.
Smelled of light grains and corn. That's a stretch.
Tasted like corn water.
Went down like water, essentially.
Overall. It's Bud Light. Read the other reviews. I prefer a Coors Light.

4.87/5  rDev +152.3%

I really enjoy this flavorful beer! The smoothness and taste of this light beer excels all other domestic light beers. Just enjoy the flavor and superior taste to this quality beer.BL outstanding!!

2.1/5  rDev +8.8%

On tap in pint glass.

Appearance: color is standard pale straw, small white head dissipates quickly. Moderate streaming carbonation and virtually no lacing.
Aroma: not much here (as with all light beers), some faint barley and other grains, no real hops that I pick up.
Mouthfeel: light and crisp with a too-dry finish. This is a beer that is so dry that it leaves me thirsty.
Flavor is so very mild. A bit of barley malt sweetness along with a maybe a slight hint of citrus in the middle and finish.
Overall: it is what it is. Loved by hundreds of millions, hated by millions. Personally I would never buy it (had this sample in a ’bottomless’ pint at a banguet. That being said, it’s not awful. Many say it tastes like piss, but I have never consumed piss so I don’t know whether that is true or not.

2.77/5  rDev +43.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

Never before has the taste of cardboard, raw grain, and rice been so delicious. We all know what this beer is: lawnmower football-watching dive bar no-thinking thirst quencher. Except for the fizzy head it actually looks good in a glass, too, and the light body is second to none in terms of crushability. This beer also has a special ability: exposing people who take beer too seriously.

2.55/5  rDev +32.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

L: Golden body, long-lasting GMO head
S: Slight citrus, nothingness
T: Bitter metallic rice beer
F: Watery, sessionable
O: Drank my own piss, whats new?

2.46/5  rDev +27.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Enjoyed at a conference. Pours a pale golden with lots of carbonation producing a bubbly head, Very light scent. Flavor follows the nose. While not overly impressive, this beer is a mass market lager that is meant to be sold cheap and enjoyed COLD. It does that very well.

1.68/5  rDev -13%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

I thought I would give this one a try. I try to keep an open mind. Here's what I thought.
Look- very clear straw orange, big white head quickly dissipates . Very thin lace.
Smell- not good. Skunky, cooked veggies and rice adjuncts.
Taste- surprisingly lime like. Very watery, feels like a seltzer. Virtually no hops presence. Dry finish. Weird aftertaste.
Feel- extremely light bodied. Some crispness, yet, hard to finish.
Overall- This is not good at all. One and done for me.

2.35/5  rDev +21.8%

L: A very pale yellow color, has lots of carbonation but no real lasting head.

S: Overall I get a hint of pleasant fruity notes and a general hint of sweetness. No smell of hops to speak of.

T: The smell is deceiving, I expected some nice light malt flavor but got only the faintest hint of it. No hop flavor unless you gulp the stuff, which I would not recommend. Has an unpleasant aftertaste that gets worse as the beer warms up; now I understand why I see some customers at the bar I work at ask for another one once when it gets too warm.

F: Very light body, like carbonated water. It can be fun to drink if the city shuts off your tap water or something. Or if you are at a party in the the hot Texas sun.

Comments: I don't understand why so many people on this site think bud-light is evil or something. You get what you pay for, it's a cheap nearly flavorless beer purposefully created to be as bland and inoffensive as possible so that everyone can drink it. It's just not for me because I don't drink beer because I'm thirsty, that's what water is for.

Light golden color, light mouthfeel, medium carbonation, sweet taste, basically the cheap beer that you can drink a lot of and is available at most sporting events and bars so easy to get. The best way to drink it is on tap. You drink it when you're drinking to be social at parties and taste is not a concern. It's what got me started drinking beer in college.

2.09/5  rDev +8.3%

On tap. Served in a shaker pint.
I believe this is my first Bud Light ... and my last.
This is probably the most watery and tasteless beer I've ever had (possible exception: another An-Busch Light beer). It almost certainly has less aroma than any other beer I've ever had. I
have good reason to suspect I have a rather sensitive sense of smell yet this beer has almost none.
They shouldn't even call this beer.

1.45/5  rDev -24.9%

Just being blunt on this one without much filter. This is one of the worst beers I've ever had.

Look - typical gold lager color with normal head. Nothing out the ordinary.

Smell - very basic. Nothing worth even commenting about.

Taste - Seems to me that Budweiser insists on dumping extra sugar in this junk while brewing it. You can taste the sweetness and its not pleasant. It's thin, watery, and as mentioned, way too sweet. The aftertaste taste like you've sucked on a sugar cube. Always seems to taste like the rubber tubes that it comes out of while being poured. Terrible. Really bad.

Feel - very thin. Nothing redeeming about it at all.

The only reason to drink this is if all other beers are gone and you just have to drink something. You can also drink about 450 of them before you'd even feel drunk, if that's your angle. Terrible beer. I will actually pass on a beer altogether and drink water before I will drink a Bud Light that someone offers me. Only clever marketing by Budweiser still makes this sorry excuse relevant.

1.79/5  rDev -7.3%

Had one of these New Years Eve at a party. I haven't had one of these in over 2 or 3 years. Going from "craft" beer to this was a reminder of how awful commercial beers are.

I'm not going to go too deep into the specifics of the beer.

Looks like water, tastes like water.

1.22/5  rDev -36.8%

Kinda figured any beer person needs to "tick" this one, at least once, so here goes.

Appearance: Crown of huge white fizzy suds atop a complexion of clear, almost golden “beer”. Very very pallid and watery. No real lace.

Aroma: Rice, corny grains. Only a slight (slight!) touch of hops.

Taste: Crisp and light with barely any real flavor. I give this points for being “refreshing” as it’s basically like a beer-flavored fizzy soft drink. Flavor profile is really virtually nil it’s so watery.

As a beery drink, not altogether awful. As a beer? Nah.

2.15/5  rDev +11.4%

I'll take a Bud over a Bud Light any day of the week. Unless I was dying of thirst, because this beer is all water with very little taste. It's the beer created for reflex-drinking. Of all the characteristics for which beers are rated here it falls flat across the board. If you're drinking one it's probably because you want a beer and it's the only one available or you don't feel like drinking a beer but want something in your hand to help you through whatever event you happen to be at.

Would rate this lower if i could. Potentially my least favorite consumable liquid out there. Would prefer urine or fat guy underboob sweat. I would go dry if this was the only alcohol available

2.55/5  rDev +32.1%

It may/may not taste like actual beer, but it's not necessarily gross either. It just...is. Watery. Bubbly. Goes down easy. Smell is weak, adjuncty, though not necessarily stale. Taste is light, no hops, faint hint of malt. Beer water. Not gross though.

Give me a break! It's Bud Light! Much better than my favorite beers after a softball game. Almost like drinking water. It sometimes that's what you need. Don't forget to smash the can into your forehead when it's finished

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch