Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

1.75/5  rDev -9.3%

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

1.25/5  rDev -35.2%

1.89/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

This isn't a great beer. It is weak and smells bad. It does go down pretty smooth. Not sure if that is because it doesn't have much of a taste or what. It doesn't rock my gut like bud heavy does. Though I prefer Bud heavy this is a decent alternative.

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

1.49/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Served from a chilled can into a snifter

A: pale piss yellow with slight fix

S: Staunchy and weak, smells of sweet yeast and corn

t: Yeast flavored water with no admirable or desirable taste.

m: cold and slightly carbonated, no detection of alcohol or bitterness

I consider Budlight to be "training beer". It's beer for people who don't really like beer but want to think they do. Ill admit that I spent my teen years being brainwashed into thinking this is what a brew was meant to be. I went on the tour in St. Louis twice, visited the tasting room, pet the Clydesdale, and heard the spiel about premium this, and age old technique that, got the t-shirt, etc. Well for years I have been drinking the stuff out of ignorance and finding that I didnt really care for beer.

I ended up only buying it or drinking it when I had to. Baseball games, Festivals, Casual lunches, etc but never once did I look forward to it or crave it. It was more less an mandated activity among friends. I could end this story by saying Anheuser ruined beer for me but I have have happier story in progress. One fine day I stopped into a bar for a lunch date only this wasn't just any bar, it was a premium beer only bar. Now up until this point I have only had PBR's, Coors, Miller, Bud, what have you and assumed that because they were the most popular that had to be the best. Boy was I stupid and the bartender was quick to point out that Macro brews were banned and that if I wanted a similar taste I could get a good draft beer and pour it into a pitcher of water. On that note I decided to make the rounds and went on a tour of all the finest micro brews that they had to offer. I settled on Morelien OTR as my favorite and to this day I have yet to touch a Bud Light.

I don't wan't to come off as a snob since there is an evident majority that prefers the Market beers but there is also a growing minority of beer lovers who demand a better beverage and I'm so thankful that the craft beer community is exploding and raising the bar. I can only hope that the Macro's take the hint and rejoin the competition.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch