Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

1.86/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 5,933 |  Reviews: 1,450

3.8/5  rDev +104.3%

It was the end of the summer of '99 and America was enthralled by the boys of summer, in particular Sammy Sosa and Ole Big Mac. Well I was there when he hit number 62, and when he broke that hallowed record we were happy we made the trek from Baylor. We were in college. We were poor. We needed a beer- having had barely enough gas money to make it home (gas, the driver was allowed to buy a soda, and smokes) we splurged on 4 ballpark beers that we pooled money together, used a fake ID, considered pulling a "hey mister,..." And sat high in the 3rd deck in right field and basked in the glow of history.

Good friends. Good times. Cemented by beer.

The beer looks like piss, smells like hoppy piss, feels like water- but it's bud light and easily amongst the most memorable beers I've had, and that's a 5 in my book man.

Plus I love them super bowl commercials- the newest ones w the puppy laborador in particular strike a nostalgic cord- as does this beer in general.

2.85/5  rDev +53.2%

Pumped the keg once and poured into my red solo cup.

Tons of foamy head, took a bit of nose grease to dissipate.

A golden blonde, clear.

S None to speak of really, a beery smell came through as I swirled it around the red solo cup.

M. Carbonation, water, some alkie bit of hops.

O. had 7-8 of em but my wife drank some of those and others I put down and never remembered to pick up. All in all a good sippin lager.

2.25/5  rDev +21%

1.25/5  rDev -32.8%

1.95/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Update - August 31, 2015

341 ml bottle served ice cold into a pint glass. 4.0% ABv for the Canadian market. This bottle was one of a few that was leftover from a party, the rest of which will be part of the "help yourself pile" at the next party (Friday) for the local Ribfest.

Had to try this cause I strangely wanted to do a review to see if it was as bad as I had noted and maybe because I'm a glutton for punishment. Hot end of summer day here in Southern Ontario, so quite honestly, whatever score Bud Light gets it would only be worse in other situations.

Appearance - Pale piss yellow in color, lots of bubbles and excellent clarity. Head initially was two fingers thanks to an aggressive pour, but diminished to virtually nothing within two minutes. Bud light doesn't look terrible.

Smell - Virtually nada, except for a faint corn or rice adjunct and a tiny bit of metallicness. Something akin too cooked veggies, but it's not too bad here. Metallicness and off aromas get stronger as it warms, prcisely the aromas you don't want getting stronger.

Taste - Virtually only water for at least three seconds then faint grain flavor, adjuncts and that disappears in seconds. Absolutely nothing else.

Mouthfeel - Well carbonated with light body, but I think this might get gassy after a few.

Overall - Not quite as putrid as I recall, and there isn't much in terms of off flavors, but there's not any flavor at all. I understand the appeal of a light beer, but it needs to taste like something. Did manage to finish the bottle though.

2.5/5  rDev +34.4%