Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Reviews: 1,429 | Ratings: 5,815

asprin takes away headaches. bud light gives them. i can taste the marketting more than the hops, if there are any. at $15 for a 30 pack it's no wonder why it shows up at every poker party, bbq, wedding, etc. my brother loves it. he also puts his steaks on the grill straight from the freezer.

2.88/5  rDev +49.2%

I chugged this baby down at a friends the other day just not to be rude. It was just over freezing so that helps. the head was big and the color a clear paler shade of pale. Lots of fizz.

Smell.. eh some malt. a bit O' hops, but not much, faint staleish chemical smell.

Taste.. well it was so cold I could not taste much. that was good because as it warms it goes bad. Very crisp dry taste, some malt but mostly hops. but not much of that.

Mouthfeel was weak & meek, watery, lots of carbonation.

This is a drinkers beer so drink up Johnny. MK

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

A: Faded yellow/straw-colored haze. Two fingers of white head that disappears quickly. Lots of bubbles.

S: Not much there. Slight corny scent.

T/M: Once again, not much there. It is refreshing and very bubbly, but nothing to taste.

D: Easy to drink. I would prefer to drink other things, but I could easily drink several of these.

2.33/5  rDev +20.7%

Only thing in my girlfriends fridge. Pours a pale straw color with one inch head that dissapates to a film. Smell has sweet malt with no hops. Taste is sweet, not really malty and no hops. Very thin in the mouth. Can drink if its cold enough, but overall not a favorite.

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

I had the coach on my son's soccer team give this to me for helping out (no good deed goes unpunished?) So why not review prior to foisting the rest off on my guests at the next bbq I host?

Pours light golden, with very good effervescence & a 3 fingers+ white head that quickly dissapeared with zero lacing

Smell: slight cornyness & fruittiness

Taste: Corny & slight fruitiness. Finishes crisp & dry but thin

MF: Thin& spritzy

Drinks okay, all things considered. I consider this the best of the worst as far as macroswill goes. Still does the job after cutting the lawn

1.08/5  rDev -44%

Served on tap from a pitcher at Retro Bowl in Liberty, MO. I was drinking Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, but drank this by mistake when someone bought a new round and handed me a refill. This was at a childrens birthday party, so I didn't want to cause a scene. I finished my one cup politely, made some mental notes, and declined a refill.

A- Poured into a plastic cup from a pitcher. The cup was solid, so I could not see the beer in it except from the top. From looking at the pitcher, it was pale, pale yellow. I know everyone says it looks like urine. but if the shoes fit... White head whith quite a bit of retention.

S- Hard to rate a smell when there is none.

T- tastes like corn and a bit biscuity. Left a metalic after taste

M- watery and fizzy

D- Like I said above, I drank this by mistake when someone handed me a refill. Since it was bought for me, I did the polite thing and finish it. I wish I left it on a table and walked away. Later in the day I had awful stomach cramps, which I am totally blaming on this pathetic excuse of a beer.

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The other day, I got stuck at a party at the neighbors', with a cooler full of this and Smirnoff Ice as the only refreshment.
(I guess I coulda -- shoulda -- stole one of the juice boxes from the kiddies instead.)
I vowed that if I was going to have to chug down a Bud Light, I would at least give myself the pleasure of reviewing it.
So here goes:

A -- Didn't pour it out of the bottle. Will bet my house and both testicles it was a pale straw color.

S - Faint, mild corn and not much else.

T - Very little of this either. Sour, with mild corn overtones and, oddly, a hint of saltiness. A stranger to hops.

M/D - Carbonated to -- nay, past -- the point of unpleasantness. In my opinion, between the sourness and the fizziness, Bud has created a true American original -- a 4.2% beer with low drinkability appeal.

It is true that I began to drink this beer with low expectations. But this beer genuinely fell even short of what I'd expected. I'll switch to MD 20/20 before I stock this stuff in my house.

2.06/5  rDev +6.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4

Expanding upon my review of the bottled version: On-tap it is still (and perhaps more if that is possible) watered down than the bottle version. There is less carbonation than the bottled version but still the same watered down beer. If it is the only beer available than go for it, but typically there will be something more appealing.

1.68/5  rDev -13%

What else can I say about this one? I tend to buy it when I know I am going to have a party, because people like this...especially the women that I know.

light pour, no head, no hops, watered-down version of Budweiser. I know...I said "watered-down version" and you are probably thinking, "Could Bud taste any more like water than it already does?" Why yes, yes it can.

Great for Fraternity parties worldwide.

1.4/5  rDev -27.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1

It was left in my fridge, so why not put a couple words down about it? A little yellow food coliring was added to carbonated water, there you have the body. Maybe my cold hasn't gone away, I can't smell anything. Taste is not much. Very slight grain, NO HOPS, yeast possibly? Mouthfeel is an afterthought. A farce of a beer.

1.7/5  rDev -11.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a pale yellowish/gold with a lazy white head with absolutely no retention.

Not much of a nose. Pale malet, yeasty smells. No hop I can pick out.

Very watery with very little malt or hop presence. A very dull mouthfeel. Wouldn't want to drink this unless I was stuck at a house or on a island and it was the only beer there.

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%

Bud light a beer of choice when u are at a college party for its drinkablity but to sit around and enjoy, blah. Very light in color, the smell non existant, bud light is a very boring beer. As it goes down your throat the taste reminds me of water. Thats right its like drinking water. A plus one this beer is that it is cheap and very drinkable. It goes down like nothing. But if it was to me I'd take the money I spent one a six pack of this stuff and buy me a single of some real beer.

1.76/5  rDev -8.8%

Woho bud light , now thats a standerd bar beer for football games.

When you think bout it though, its alot differnt then most of the other american light's, in my mind not the best for the $ amount.

Good old yellow color , with a standerd bud hop smell to it.

Taste isnt too bad since its lacking a bit extra, but I mean do not go to crazy with it for it will come back and give a massive hang-over if you under-estar/mate the taste. So yeah dat drinkability you got is a killer for this one.

2.83/5  rDev +46.6%

Ok, let me explain the situation. I was at a drag race. ( Cars, not cross-dressers ). It was hot. It was all BMC. It was $5 for a 16 ouncer. But I was thirsty. So here goes.... Straight out of the can. I scored the appearance on multiple samplings long ago. The smell was what else, corn and rice. The taste was pretty watered down. The mouthfeel was good given the conditions. I was glad to get a beer. Under the conditions previously mentioned, this brew was drinkable. I had some Stone bombers in the truck but no glass was allowed in. Later on, 7:30 pm to be exact, beer sales were stopped. I would have loved to had another. So you can start to see the importance of a macro when there is a cooler full 1 ft away on the other side of the glass and they can't sell it. At $5 a pop I would have sold beer till the cows came home. So, to conclude my reveiw, it all depends on the situation.

*Note
I told the guy at the counter that he had a damn good spot to sell beer if he ever decided to. This was after he refused to sell me a cold beer.

2.13/5  rDev +10.4%

So I was here in Louisiana attending a local crawfish boil, and as I scanned the montains of crustacian carcasses I noticed that everyone there had the same silver cans of bud light poking out of their piles that I always picture at a crawfish boil. I always picture that because as far back as I can remember, that is all I have EVER seen anyone drink at these things. There's never even Miller or Coors for the sake of changing it up. It is ALWAYS Budwieser. I always figured this was because it was cheapest, or because people in charge didn't know any better or whatever.

Then I started thinking, what would I pick to pair with boiled crawfish? It has to be light and drinkable, because you're going to need alot of it to wash down that spice and keep cool in the heat of the outdoors. Low abv helps in that department as well. And what about flavor? What plays well with crawfish? Well, corn actually was the first thing that came to mind. Crawfish and corn have such a natural affinity for eachother that having one without the other is like having peanut butter without jelly. Its ok without, but why cheat yourself?

So if I'm looking for a beer with light body, low abv, and lots of corn flavor, and I can drink gallons without feeling full or drunk, it turns out Budwieser is damn near perfect! Factor in that its price is condusive to feeding the five thousand and you have a winner on your hands. Don't fight it. Besides, wrapping your gut-goobered, orange-stained fingers around a tulip glass to quaff your IPA really just wouldn't be right.

I bought this because it was on sale and I needed something for other family members to drink. 12 oz can, born on 10 Jan 06 poured into a pint glass

A—pours crystal clear dandelion with a 1 inch fizzy bright white head that immediately fizzles into nothing, many bubbles are coming up from the bottom, similar to a soda, no lacing clings to the glass at all

S—faint straw, sour fruit, and a few other grains. Nothing sticking out really…

T—not much here. Honestly, like a mild grainy water.

M—thin and watery, light bodied, good carbonation, however

D—not one for me…not enough flavor. This is one to drink if you are looking to get drunk. No flavor and it goes down like water.

1.09/5  rDev -43.5%

I thought I should give this crud a try, just to see what all the commercial hype is about. My first mistake was pouring the beer into a glass instead of just chugging from the can. It made a lot of nice frothy head, and I'm giving it points on that only. The downside is that all the carbonation had gone after that since there's no body to keep it in, leaving me not just with bad beer but flat bad beer as well. I can't even say it had a taste; it was kind of like sour water. There was no hop flavor, malt flavor, or even yeast flavor. All in all, one more reason to be wary of American pop culture.

1.57/5  rDev -18.7%

free beer garden keg, poured in fresh plastic cup each time, keg-tender said she was trying to achieve "as little head as possible" with each pour.
bright watery urine yellow, no head to speak of (see above), dirty lacing with slight cling like guilt. smelled faintly of sweet corn or something. as for the flavor -- citrus-corn nightmare with a horrible sharpness on the swallow and an extremely unpleasant finish.

bad news. can't argue with free beer sometimes though...

2.81/5  rDev +45.6%

I will preface this review by saying... compared to other light lagers, this isn't that bad, there are much better, but much more worse.

Appearance: Pours a light golden color, or maybe its yellow, the more I look the more I think it's yellow. Topped with a large amount of seafoam at first, it quickly disappears although the carbonation looks pretty heavy.

Smell: I pick up a pretty strong sweetness at first, and that's a little overbearing, especially with no sign of hops in the picture.

Taste: The sweetness from the smell develops immediately followed by a grainy lager/malt taste. The beer ends it's stay on my palate with a slight college aftertaste. Note: these tastes were barely apparent and required deep concentration to pick out. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad.

Mouthfeel: Very water, very highly carbonated, very unwanted.

Drinkability: The carbonation is a little too intense and there is not much taste (again, i don't know if this helps its case or not, maybe some of both).

Overall: I'd say this is a very typical representation of a light lager, unfortunately.

2.15/5  rDev +11.4%

poured from a 12oz bottle into a glass

A- the worst beer ive ever seen. no head, the color was a pale yellow, almost clear.

S- nothing there.

T- almost nothing there. if diet soda wasnt sweet, and had a slight wheat flavor to it, this is what it would taste like

M- so thin it nearly got absorbed by my teeth. at least it was smooth

D- of course this is a drinkable beer, its like drinking tap water.

2.94/5  rDev +52.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

It looks see-through, just like water. If you look hard there's a slight yellow tint to it. I poured it like very harshly and the head was 100xs larger then the beer, but it is slowly falling. The lacing is barely even there.

If I smell really hard and breathe deep I can just barely smell the lager, but the first smell is faint and flavorless.

Taste reminds me of water at first and then turns into a sweet off-odor smell. It's hard to get a read on this because it's so flavorless.

Mouthfeel made me cringe the first time, like water, but when it hits the back of my throat it makes me gag.

Not very drinkable, it doesn't have flavor, body, or drinkability. I pray to God I never drink this again.

1.93/5  rDev 0%

This beer is at every bar, is constantly advertised and is sold cheap. Hence, people are always drinking it; I think familiarity keeps people coming back to this.

On that note, Bud Light is almost beer-flavored water. Bud Light is something to drink when you're afraid you're putting on too many pounds, or want to be polite and accept a beer from a friend. If you have to buy Bud Light, the least you can do is buy it in bottles...I think drinking this stuff from the can will just make it that much more apparent how worthless this stuff is.

2.09/5  rDev +8.3%

Bud light has no taste to me. The only reason I think it is the best selling beer in america is because of advertising and because I think when people first start drinking they haven't acquired a taste for beer yet. Bud is easy to drink and hence they find that beer when they first start drinking and stick to it. I've converted some people to miller lite, which is the only lite beer that tastes at all like beer.
That being said, it doesn't taste bad and I can drink it if my friends offer it to me. I just don't think it tastes like a beer.

2.29/5  rDev +18.7%

Had quite of few of these at a party last night. This is definatley one of my least favorite beers. When fresh and cold it's not terrible, but the second it drops a few degrees it gets pretty nasty. It's a little too carbonated for my taste. It's better than Coors, but if I'm going to drink popular, cheap beer I think I'd take a Miller Light over this (as far as the big 3 are concerned).

I'm a lightweight, but I drank an awful lot of these and never felt too drunk. At 4.2%, this is kind of a waste of my time.

1.89/5  rDev -2.1%

Poured out of a 16 oz. st. patrick's day-themed 16 oz. aluminum 'bottle' into a standard pint glass.

Appearance: This beer is seriously the color of my urine. In other words, it is a transparent, pale straw yellow with a few small bubbles.

Smell: nothing offensive here..not much of a smell at all, in fact. i guess that that's a good thing.

Taste: Bud light tastes just like carbonated mineral water. There's a hint of bitterness, but it's the kind of bitterness that results from carbonation. The finish is crisp and dry..after I swallow, it's like I never put it in my mouth in the first place.

Mouthfeel: light, like drinking a soda

Drinkability: This is a beer to avoid at all costs. I'm looking at the rest of the pint and dreading finishing it.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch