Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by BeerAdvocate on 08-22-2001

Ratings: 5,871 |  Reviews: 1,442

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.03/5  rDev +5.2%

2.07/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Meh... All light beers suck but i certainly see why so many ppl drink this one..

Its basically water that get you drunk, I can't detect any flavors from malt or hops but there aren't any nasty after flavors either..

Very crushable but obviously no flavor either, this isn't craft, it is what it is..

1.51/5  rDev -21.8%

1.66/5  rDev -14%

1.83/5  rDev -5.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

I can honestly say that I wouldn't drink Bud Light if it were the last beer on Earth. Not only does it smell awful, but it manages to taste even worse. It's the one beer I literally can't drink anymore ever since I started drinking better brews. I'll still try to give it a legitimate review.

Look: Thin white head on top of a piss-like yellow color.
Smell: In all honesty, it smells like vomit and urine. It made me not want to drink it, but I did, because it was a frat party and it was the only beer available. Now, I would pass on it.
Taste: Oh, no...Okay. When uninformed people tell beer-lovers like myself that beer is "piss-water," I laugh at them because they've probably only ever tried Bud Light. Very little flavor, and the little flavor that is present is relatively unpleasant. Corn water maybe? That's an insult to corn and water, though...
Feel: Very little carbonation. So, nothing to distract from the gross taste.
Overall: Save yourself. Don't try a Bud Light. I know I sound like a troll, or a rival company employee, but the last time I tried to drink Bud Light was the last time I'll try to drink Bud Light. I'll happily give positive reviews to brews that deserve it, but this ain't one.

1.15/5  rDev -40.4%

Basically this is horse piss in a can. Good marketing doesn't make up for terrible beer. I drank this stuff my freshmen year of college and thought it was amazing. Now as a junior, I can not stand it. There are much better beers in the same price range. Not much to look at, it looks like dirty water. Not much of a smell and a watery taste. I would review the feel but there isn't much of one. Just not enjoyable.

1.79/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

L- Looks sometimes can't be deceiving. Looks better than it smells and tastes, but looks unwell.
S- smells like old beer at a 1990s frat party, and maybe the bathroom.
T - if you get a very fresh one, it can be almost ok, but usually not even close to good.
F - not sure feel should even be a category for this brew.

Overall. Mass produced -no mass appeal. Beer can get way worse than this. So I would say if it's the only beer
your Uncle has in the fridge, either don't be picky or take the day off. Possibly drinkable but not satisfying.

2.22/5  rDev +15%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 1.75

Look - Poured from a can, clear straw color, quickly vanishing bubbly white head. Lots of visible carbonation.

Smell - Sour, metallic, rice cake

Taste - Very mild rice, odd and off-putting sweetness, reminds me of a weaker Fosters, no bitterness

Feel - Thin bodied, loads of carbonation. Easy drinking, refreshing.

Overall - I want to like it because of it's price and availability, but I just flat out don't.

1.43/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

2.86/5  rDev +48.2%

1.37/5  rDev -29%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

1.71/5  rDev -11.4%

2.04/5  rDev +5.7%

1.3/5  rDev -32.6%

Okay. So here is my story.
I love good quality beer and I knew very well that this won't be one. I also have to say that in my near 50 years, I have never tried this thing. Largely because I don't like cheap quality beer but also because I don't see the point to light beer. So honestly, when I purchased a can of Bud Light today, I was giddy and a bit scared at the same time. But I promised myself that I will go through some mass produced beer, in order to put things into better perspective.
And then it happened. I opened my first ever Bud Light.
I immediately went for the nose and it smelled like rat piss. This fades a tad but not much. This beer smells bad.
Okay, but how does it taste? I took the first sip. I tasted some malt and very heavy carbonation and then, quite rapidly, nothing. I mean I tasted nothing. There was no aftertaste either. I took another sip, just to be sure. A slight favour, poof, gone, nothing. And then it soon became evident that I wasn't drinking beer. I don't know what to call this, but it's not beer. But because it doesn't taste bad (as I said, no taste), I can't trash it. It's a not bad (or good) tasting liquid. Its biggest drawback is the bad carbonation that caused me to burp every minute and my chest actually hurts from the trapped gas. Not fun.
So in conclusion, I am confused. I have no idea what I just had and I know I will not have it again, but it wasn't awful. It just wasn't anything.

1.66/5  rDev -14%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Pours a straw yellow, lots of fizz, light/medium head. Mouth feel is a light watery carbonation. Smell is slightly sweet ,very little grain, likely because of the rice component.
Goes down smooth, finish is a slight metallic bite. Easily forgettable.

This would be a beer I will drink if offered at a BBQ or a party, but won't buy. As for macros, it's not the worst, but nowhere near the best.

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bud Light pours brilliant straw with rapidly rising streams of bubbles under a 1" white frothy foam cap with fair to poor retention. The aroma has faint apple, low to no malt, very faint floral hops, and a faint grain aromas. The palate offers faint apple, low grain, very low hop bitterness, low to no hop flavor, with a dry and slightly tart finish. It has a light body and is highly carbonated. There is a very slight slickness on the palate and a slight carbonic bite. For what it is, it is well made. There is just not a lot there.

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch