Bud Light | Anheuser-Busch

1.75/5  rDev -9.3%

1.5/5  rDev -22.3%

1.25/5  rDev -35.2%

1.83/5  rDev -5.2%

On tap from the parents' keg.

G: Poured into the ubiquitous Bud Light pint glass.

A: Very pale colored with loads and loads of carbonation. White head that dissipates very quickly. Little lacing.

S: Slightly metallic and grainy. Nothing exceptional here. No hop presence, and any "malt" is simply the adjunct.

T: About the same as the smell, though the mouthfeel is certainly worse than the taste.

M: Very light. The carbonation level of seltzer water. Way, way, way too carbonated. No thank you. Although, the carbonation levels are much better on tap than out of the bottle.

D: This is "drinking game" drinkable. It's not skunky and I won't spit it out, but it lacks any real taste and the mouthfeel is absolutely atrocious.

1.68/5  rDev -13%

Someone left this at my place, so I figured I'd review it.

Poured into pint glass.

Pours 1 finger of fizzy white head That fades down pretty fast. No lace. Color is a clear light straw yellow.

Aroma: Very grainy with corn. Light dull hops. Yep, that's about it.

Taste: very bland. big grain flavor with lame hops. Corn on the side. Not something I am enjoying at all.

Mouthfeel: Very crisp. An extremely light body with a high amount of carbonation. Ends with a grainy dry aftertaste.

Overall, not something I enjoy drinking. I will throw a pickle in this one to give it a little more flavor. This beer is not my type of thing. I won't drink this one unless someone offers me one.

2.71/5  rDev +40.4%

A - Poured with one finger of white head into the appropriate glassware (a shaker pint, of course). The foam settles quickly and leaves no lace. The body is a pale, straw yellow and perfectly clear.

S - Light, grainy sweetness. Otherwise, very clean.

T - Some slightly sweet, husky malt up front... and then nothing else. Finishes clean with a slight graininess and maybe the vague ghost of a hop leaf.

M - Light body, moderately high carbonation, and a slightly dry finish.

D - This is very easy to drink, possibly easier to drink than water. It has a remarkable lack of flavor. Bud heavy has some grainy malt and green apple off flavors, but this is a truly clean beer. This beer is the equivalent of some mad scientist managing to create an actual army of zombies; the sheer wrongness of its existence is abhorrent, but at the same time one can't help but marvel at the technical achievement. And in the end, that is really what this beer is, an empty, soulless, horrifically drinkable, zombie of a beer.

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%

2.81/5  rDev +45.6%

Pours a very clear, yellowish/light straw gold with a white head that drops almost immediately to just a collar. The aroma is quite limited but offers some dull maltiness if you seek it out. The body is light with a very fine carbonation that's gently crisp in the mouth. The flavor is limited as well, but offers a clean combination of gentle malt and mild hop. It finishes exceptionally clean and drying. There's not really much here, but I guess that's the point of light beer. What makes it stand out in its category, however, is that there's absolutely no off-flavor to it and the balance is dead on. Very well made.

2.09/5  rDev +8.3%

On tap. Served in a shaker pint.
I believe this is my first Bud Light ... and my last.
This is probably the most watery and tasteless beer I've ever had (possible exception: another An-Busch Light beer). It almost certainly has less aroma than any other beer I've ever had. I
have good reason to suspect I have a rather sensitive sense of smell yet this beer has almost none.
They shouldn't even call this beer.

1.64/5  rDev -15%

On-tap, served in a large mug glass.

A: The beer is a light straw yellow color, with a thin white head that fades very quickly and leaves very little lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is very faint but contains some light malts and adjuncts with a tiny bit of hops.

T: The taste doesn't have very much to it as you would expect from this type of beer. It's watery with some adjunct sweetness and a very faint touch of hops. There's a very thin malt character. The after-taste is slightly bready.

M: Smooth and a little crisp, light body, medium carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Not flavorful at all, goes down very easily and not filling at all since there's nothing to it, not too filling, very mild kick, it's certainly a light beer but there are definitely other light beers that I would pick first if I had to.

1.96/5  rDev +1.6%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale golden yellow with heavy amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a very thin bright white head that dissipates almost instantly. No lacing is observed.

S: There are light aromas of corn adjunct malts but overall there is almost no smell to this beer.

T: Very light flavors of corn adjunct malts and a slight sweetness but there is not really much of a taste to this beer. There is also something moderately metallic in the flavor and something chemically in nature - maybe formaldehyde.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Thin and watery.

O: This beer is quite sessionable but not very enjoyable in my opinion - it is very watery and does not have a lot going for it in the smell or taste.

2.23/5  rDev +15.5%

This Bud's for somebody else.

Pours a pale yellow in the glass with a big head which quickly dissipates. It really does feel and taste like seltzer water, but maybe that's a plus given the lack of flavor. Barest hint of malt. I can't actually taste any hops. A dry, carbonation flavor, which I guess is what club soda is about.

I haven't done an extensive investigation into this style, so I may be missing some nuances here. Really cheap lagers from Honduras and India seem to have more flavor, so they must have determined that less flavor is what they're after. But it does seem like this is a suggestion of beer, a marketing campaign like the Marlboro Man.

Rating: 0.0
First had: ?

The light version of an already light and terrible beer. The lesser son of the King of Beers, Bud Light retains all the qualities of its forebearer: light straw color, fizzy, watery, and soda-like, with almost no semblance to beer whatsoever. Taste is metallic and of stale urea. Mouthfell is watery and a stale, rotten aftertaste is left behind. To be avoided at all costs.

1.94/5  rDev +0.5%

Appearance: Pours a clear, yellow body with a high degree of effervescence (like a soda) but no real head to speak of.

Smell: Nothing beyond a small hint of apple with some sweetish corn notes.

Taste: Rather watery straight from the first sip. Sweetish cereal taste with the faintest hint of apple. No real hop flavor or bitterness, though. Sad, watered down corn kernels on the finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium-low carbonation.

Drinkability: Is this a joke?

1.15/5  rDev -40.4%

I haven't had much bad beer in my life; not since I was a teenager anyway. And I'm pretty sure that I've never had a 'light/lite' beer. Nevertheless, I'm fairly certain what this one will deliver. Or fail to deliver. Here goes...

Perfectly clear light straw. The head is pure white and looks cheap, if that's possible. Big bubbles form a fizzy, airy pillow that recedes very quickly (this beer lost its head faster than Louis XVI). Lace? Uh... no. The smell is pretty subdued, but still manages to be unpleasant. Smells like sour grain.

The taste is even worse than I'd imagined. My facial muscles can't help but form a grimace. This stuff is sour and watery in the extreme. Do they actually try to make it taste like this? How is this beer so popular? I'd like to be able to describe the flavor with more detail, but I can't make myself drink any more than a few mouthfuls. The rest is going down the kitchen sink drain.

The only reason this 'beer' doesn't get straight 1.0s is that I can imagine worse, namely the low-carb offerings like Michelob Ultra. I may never have the dis(pleasure) to actually taste and review them though, because I will not be spending my hard-earned money to abuse my palate like that. If someone gives me a bottle... maybe.

My Belgian-made pint glass is none too pleased with me right now for filling it with this vile liquid. And my kitchen sink drain isn't too happy either. The pint glass says that it may forgive me if a Storm King Stout is in its immediate future.

2.25/5  rDev +16.6%

I had the coach on my son's soccer team give this to me for helping out (no good deed goes unpunished?) So why not review prior to foisting the rest off on my guests at the next bbq I host?

Pours light golden, with very good effervescence & a 3 fingers+ white head that quickly dissapeared with zero lacing

Smell: slight cornyness & fruittiness

Taste: Corny & slight fruitiness. Finishes crisp & dry but thin

MF: Thin& spritzy

Drinks okay, all things considered. I consider this the best of the worst as far as macroswill goes. Still does the job after cutting the lawn

1.85/5  rDev -4.1%

Review from notes.

A: Clear light yellow/straw color. Fizzy white foam head forms upon pouring, but is gone pretty quickly. No lacing.

S: Slight metallic aroma. Boring grainy malt and no discernible hop presence.

T: Tasted like I was drinking slightly flavored water. Slight sweetness from the malt, but nothing going on really.

M: Extremely light bodied with very little mouthfeel. Others in the style at least have a slight bubbly texture from the carbonation.

O: Not good, don't plan on buying one ever.

2.5/5  rDev +29.5%

2.03/5  rDev +5.2%

The queen of beers,LOL. Well seriously I have been trying all of these to see what really makes them such great sellers. The only thing I can come up with is that they are cheap, and when cold go down like water. I guess this is for those who are drinking to get drunk. Anyway onward with my thoughts. Pale golden water with a whith fizzy head comes out of the bottle and into the glass. Head fades leaving nothing but the golden water and lots of visible carbonation. Smell was really not tere at all, maybe some slight rice or bread but nothing worth really noting on. The taste was even lighter then its original namesake, which is to be expected. Very light grain and rice flavors, malty with nothing else to add any complexity to it. This truly tastes like I am drinking water. Highly carbonated and served ice cold, I guess it could make a substitution for soda, but its just not something to drink to enjoy. It truly was light on everything.

1.66/5  rDev -14%

Presentation: 22 oz brown wide mouth bottle, “born on date” on the label for freshness. This sample was pour into a frozen mug to bring it to optimum temperature.

Appearance: Palest yellow that a beer could be you would guess, almost colourless to a point. Exceptional clarity with a faint wispy white lace.

Smell: Very clean aroma, nearly nothing there. Cereal grains and a light whiff of filtered grain reaches the nose.

Taste: Very light bodied, close to bone dry. Thin seltzer like mouth feel. Virtually no hops noticeable to the tongue until the crispness kicks and subsides … bitterness seems to only ride the wave of seltzer like carbonation, but little at that. Malt is extremely thin and scant to the palate. Touch of grain and husk in the flavour but that is about it. Bone dry finish comes to no surprise.

Notes: This beer is for the tasteless beer drinker that thinks there is only ONE beer out there. You may as well drink some seltzer water with alcohol added to it … get the picture, you are not a real beer drinker!

Bud Light from Anheuser-Busch