Busch NA

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Busch NABusch NA
Notes: Fully brewed with finest natural ingredients, including a blend of premium American hops, fine barley malt, cereal grains, and pure water. After full fermentation and maturation, the alcohol is gently removed to preserve the quality of the beer.
Reviews: 53 | Ratings: 99
3.89/5  rDev +82.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I can no longer find this product locally. This NA beer blew me away the first time I tried it. The reason was it was the lowest price NA beer on the shelf, and the taste was very acceptable. Then I couldn’t find it for a while, and once it came back, the taste was noticeably more watery. Do you think they could have changed the recipe ? It was still OK, but now it has disappeared again.

2.5/5  rDev +17.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not actually all that bad. Actually a fair tasting beer. I would not drink it on a consistent basis, but I could see some times where high volume drinking is required, this might warrant consideration.

3.35/5  rDev +57.3%

I'm rating this compared to the arsenal of crappy mass produced American beer. Which I almost never drink. But in the defense of Bush NA, this tastes every bit like a Miller Light. I really can't taste the difference. If you are a Miller Light fan and want to not get drunk, I think you'd rate this beer a 5. Seriously. It tastes better than Busch Light.

Maybe there should be an NA section on Beer Advocate where we rate NAs next to their alcohol equivalent. Then this is hands down a 5.

If you like mediocre imported beer, then go for a Heineken 0.0. I can't tell the difference between that and it's alcohol counterpart. That's also a 5 on the NA scale

Looks, smells and tastes like a normal Busch beer. The head goes away in seconds and is very little if any lacing but it tastes exactly like an AAL with booze to me. So if you were drinking a 12 pack of busch light daily and liked the taste this would be perfect for cutting back on alcohol intake that's why I have to rate it so high. Does its job no more no less

1.87/5  rDev -12.2%

12oz canned 37 days ago poured into a vintage Busch straight sided pokal at fridge temp (less than 0.5% ABV per can). The beer pours bright golden straw yellow with above average (for an AAL) nearly white head. The head recedes to a thin ring and paper thin island. Aroma is virtually nonexistent. Only a hint of "beer" smell. Taste is fairly nuetral at first with a huge corny buttery aftertaste. Mouthfeel is thin bodied, well carbonated and ruined by the unchecked vegetable oil finish. Overall, poor. I will rate as a non alcoholic beer, but I believe this to be bad even for the style.

3.5/5  rDev +64.3%

I have tasted a few non alcoholic brews and this one most closely resembled a real beer. tastes like regular Busch Beer. I could actually unwind on Friday night with a 6 pack of this and not worry about feeling like crap the next day if I had to get up early and go to work.

1.08/5  rDev -49.3%

Comparing only NA beers, BUD Light and Miller Lite, not my favorite Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Color was straw, actually better than Bud Light!
Aroma was sweet off a three finger head, lots of carbonation
Seltzer taste and feel like Bud Light
I'm assuming it's made from rice since I detected no barley or hops flavor.
Seltzer water is cheaper and I can ad my own hops!!!! I won't be trying this beer again unless major changes are made.

1.99/5  rDev -6.6%

Is this fair?: Rating a non-alcoholic Anheuser-Busch beverage. The bar starts low. That's to the product's benefit. A friend asked me to try this, so here I am. And besides, maybe I want to go NA sometimes.

Look: It might be the lighting in the room, but this beer isn't as watery-looking as I expected. Again, the bar is set low. It actually has a light golden color. The head disappears within a minute and, of course and some tiny bubbles are steadily working their way to the top. - 3.0

Smell: Ahh, that Anheuser-Busch aroma. It portends bad flavors approaching the palate. I've smelled worse, so I'm going with 2.0.

Taste: With the bar set so low, I'm struck by the fact that it isn't the worst beer I've had. I'm trying to envision a scenario where I would like this. It would have to involve a hot day, thirst and some sweaty work. Then again, I'd probably be looking for some alcohol. But not if I were operating a chainsaw on a hot day. Let's go with that. Under such circumstances, I might be grateful enough to rate this beer 2.0. Right now, the sharp taste of straw and overall underwhelming flavor move it more to a 1.75. To its credit, it doesn't hold much of an aftertaste.

Feel: Thin, light, slightly effervescent. That's kind of what you'd expect from a beer of this nature. For what it is, I'm going with 2.25.

Overall: Not as bad as I thought. If I needed a non-alcoholic beer, this was all I had, and it was very hot, then I'd take it. A rating of 2.0 isn't as bad as it could be. But you don't put high demands on a beer like this.

2.34/5  rDev +9.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured out of 12 oz can which is the only packaging I've ever seen it in.
Half a finger carbonated head that died down extremely fast with some lacing.
Smelled extremely weak, hardly anything there except piss-like grains. Maybe some corn?
Tasted worse than it smelled. Tasted weak and almost like water, but really really flat and maybe some really light barley malt and corn.
Mouthful was smooth but really flat, despite it looking really carbonated. Bad.
Overall, less pleasant experience the second time around. I'll take on O'Doul's over this.

4.25/5  rDev +99.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Busch NA - Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's head is 1 finger thick, lateral lacing, and a clear medium amber body.

I smell basically the same aroma that I would with regular "BOOOOSCH", but milder.

This also pretty much tastes just like a normal ABV Busch, just watered down with sorghum wheat.

The mouthfeel here is clean and smooth.

Overall, I'll give Busch NA - Anheuser-Busch a 4.25.

1.53/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Found this...yes, FOUND THIS in the garage of my recently desceased grandfather. Guy drank for fourty years and I see he left me a gift. Thanks big guy!.

Look - Crystal clear straw golden with a big ole bone white frothy head that you would expect from the regular Busch beer. Carbonation is pretty dead at this point. Lacing does no remain in any way.

Smell - Nothing really. Upon a hard whiff I get just a hint of distant usual suspected corn adjunct.

Taste - Pretty much follows the smell. Lighty corn adjunct and then seltzer water.

Feel - Just like water. Not even a trace of carbonation. Swallows easy and inoffensive.

Overall - What's the point.

2.1/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

A-Pours a straw color with a slight head and lacing
A-Aroma has slight malt hints
T-The taste follows the nose with a slight malt flavor
M-A light bodied well carbonated beer
O-A decent beer

2.01/5  rDev -5.6%

Not much to say. Almost like water. Vegetal. Not great smelling. Not great tasting. Not worth the money or time to buy it. Highly carbonated pissy water.

2.27/5  rDev +6.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Somehow this was a lot better than expected. Someone gave it to me when I said I didn't want a Busch Light 'because I had to drive.' I had never had an NA beer before, so this was new. Not a lot of flavor, as you might guess. It's not offensive or awful though. This of course isn't bound to be a favorite of BAs, but I bet there are worse examples out there.

3.09/5  rDev +45.1%

Busch NA Brewed by Anheuser-Busch. This brew has an ABV of less than 0.50% It is known as a Non Alocholic/ Low Alcohol Beer. The brew pours out a light amber color with a small white head. The smell is light with grains and malts. Busch NA has a nice light taste, but you pick up on some grains an malts. The mouthfeel is light and thin. Also most like water. For what it is worth this is not a bad brew. If you are looking for a brew with Low alcohol then this is the brew for you. This one of the better NA brews on the market. Overall I'm giving this brew a solid 3.5 out of 5.

2.75/5  rDev +29.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Drinking out of a can, Let's see how this compared to regular Busch.

Aroma : light floral, rice, grain.

Flavor : it's not bad. There is an overall fakiness to it that i could go without, but hey - its a near-beer. It's like a slightly less flavorful Busch and its definitely better than Busch light. A mighty try. Tastes like some fake rice, and a lot of nothing at all, but there's that undercurrent of barley malt, and that's nice too.

Mouthfeel : it's a beer. Fizzy, light.

Overall : The box is decorated with awards. I wouldnt go that far. It is however, better than Busch light and has less calories to boot. Not as good as Busch regular of course, and thats to be expected. Sure, I'd have another.

1.75/5  rDev -17.8%

Poured into a pilsner, why not.

Bland, boring, lacking in flavor, aroma, and body, looks like pee. No lacing, decent carbonation, maintained a 1 1/2 finger head for a little while before dissipating into a thin film . Tastes of slightly sour corn and cooked vegetables. Good for quenching your thirst or washing down cheap pizza and burgers and not much else, with half the calories of a soda. Drinks like water.

2.25/5  rDev +5.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale to medium golden yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some faint lemon yellow highlights. The beer has a finger tall sudsy white head that quickly reduces to a small to medium sized patch of very thin film and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of grainy malts with some corn adjuncts as well as some very light aromas of floral/grassy hops.

T: Upfront there are light to moderate flavors of grainy malts with moderate flavors of rice and corn adjuncts but without a lot of sweetness. There are light flavors of grassy hops which impart a light amount of bitterness.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Thin/watery.

O: Not bad but I did not have very high expectations for this beer - at least it tastes like beer and is not as watery as some of the lights beers from BMC breweries.

2.83/5  rDev +32.9%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

From the 12 fl. oz. can marked: 12117-CE70. Sampled on January 25, 2013.

Instead of making an automatic assumption on this non-alcohol beer I prefer to review it based on the style it represents. Non-Alcohol beers usually look straw or golden yellow, have a grainy aroma and flavor and are watered-down light.

Busch NA is all of that. The color is golden yellow with virtually no head. But it looks pretty much like it should so I give that part a decent rating.

The nose is grainy malts with a clean crispiness at the end. The taste is about the same with a subtle sweetness too. The body is light. It is comparable to other low alcohol beers in its class and it is reasonably priced.

Clear gold with a good one inch of white head. Not a trace of lacing. Head leaves in about 30 seconds.

Smell is corny some grains.

Taste is sweet, malty, no detectable hops. Very neutral brew, no off flavors.

Mouthfeel is fine for a fizzy yellow macro product.

Overall a good value and nothing unpleasant for the style. Just not much flavor.

2.73/5  rDev +28.2%

12 oz can into my 32 oz mug

a: a good looking NA brew, pale straw color, and a side pour created a 1/2' head that stuck around for 30 seconds or so with some thin lacing

s: smells like all of the other macros - adjunct... nothing else of note on the nose

t: sweetness, some light maltiness, corny adjunct flavor

m: light and watery with alot of carbonation

o: Due to dietary restrictions, I cannot currently drink alcohol. I had only ever heard of O'Douls, which is not a horrible beverage, but didn't know there were other NA options out there. I hate Busch beer and always have, but this Busch NA is the CLOSEST to a "party beer" flavor that I've found.

I love the fact that it's canned and I can put it in my coozie and my buddies don't know that I'm drinking an NA, but I can drive them home if I need to.

By no means is this a great, hell even a good beer. But if you can't drink or if you are the designated driver and want that beer "feel", this is as close as it gets.

2.51/5  rDev +17.8%

This na was responsible for helping me get through a 90 day "NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED" period with a prescription I had to take. I tried Old Milwaukee NA and even St. Paulie and drifted back to Busch on price and taste. Overall I found this "brew" not all that bad and may even try to mix a few in when I go back to the real stuff. In the meantime "Countdown to Liquor Day"!

2.86/5  rDev +34.3%

I sampled this wide mouth 12oz can from a tulip pint chilled.

A very clear golden straw with a full 1 inch of snowy white cap which retains well. The bead is fine and carbonation is visible, some lace clings. The smell is grainy with some cereal qualities, not really sweet smelling though. The scent has a light mineral quality. The feel is gassy/highly carbonated with very clean light body with slightly dry finish.

The taste is not bad and I honestly don't expect a lot of it for this style so it has what most NA beers deliver: a light malt taste which has a subtle sweet tinge like corn pops or rice crispies perhaps with a dry essence and slight yeast element which gives a mild mineral note until the semi dry finish. Overall I really was trying to base this on the style which is made to have a low flavor but it was not unpleasant for what it is and has a palate scubbing quality that would make this good as a lawnmower beer. I wouldn't buy this unless it was for the reason I got this: a beer to drink while on high strength pain meds. It is similar to the original busch taste-wise without the alcohol buzz.

2.03/5  rDev -4.7%

a: pours a light golden color with about an eigth inch of white head that disappears quickly leaving not even a trace of lace

s: sweet corn malts no balance

t: sweet corn malts no balance

m: light bodied beer with a lot of carbonation

overall, i would pass on again

1.61/5  rDev -24.4%

Pours a thin straw yellow color with a thick white head and mountains upon mountains of carbonation and no lacing. Smells of corn and nothing else. Not much to the taste -- a little sweet a little canned creamed corn and some salt. Mouthfeel is really thin and drinkability is poor.

Busch NA from Anheuser-Busch