Busch NA | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Low Alcohol Beer

Fully brewed with finest natural ingredients, including a blend of premium American hops, fine barley malt, cereal grains, and pure water. After full fermentation and maturation, the alcohol is gently removed to preserve the quality of the beer.

Added by brewdlyhooked13 on 10-23-2003

2.46/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.08/5  rDev -52.2%

Comparing only NA beers, BUD Light and Miller Lite, not my favorite Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Color was straw, actually better than Bud Light!
Aroma was sweet off a three finger head, lots of carbonation
Seltzer taste and feel like Bud Light
I'm assuming it's made from rice since I detected no barley or hops flavor.
Seltzer water is cheaper and I can ad my own hops!!!! I won't be trying this beer again unless major changes are made.

1.99/5  rDev -11.9%

Is this fair?: Rating a non-alcoholic Anheuser-Busch beverage. The bar starts low. That's to the product's benefit. A friend asked me to try this, so here I am. And besides, maybe I want to go NA sometimes.

Look: It might be the lighting in the room, but this beer isn't as watery-looking as I expected. Again, the bar is set low. It actually has a light golden color. The head disappears within a minute and, of course and some tiny bubbles are steadily working their way to the top. - 3.0

Smell: Ahh, that Anheuser-Busch aroma. It portends bad flavors approaching the palate. I've smelled worse, so I'm going with 2.0.

Taste: With the bar set so low, I'm struck by the fact that it isn't the worst beer I've had. I'm trying to envision a scenario where I would like this. It would have to involve a hot day, thirst and some sweaty work. Then again, I'd probably be looking for some alcohol. But not if I were operating a chainsaw on a hot day. Let's go with that. Under such circumstances, I might be grateful enough to rate this beer 2.0. Right now, the sharp taste of straw and overall underwhelming flavor move it more to a 1.75. To its credit, it doesn't hold much of an aftertaste.

Feel: Thin, light, slightly effervescent. That's kind of what you'd expect from a beer of this nature. For what it is, I'm going with 2.25.

Overall: Not as bad as I thought. If I needed a non-alcoholic beer, this was all I had, and it was very hot, then I'd take it. A rating of 2.0 isn't as bad as it could be. But you don't put high demands on a beer like this.

1.97/5  rDev -12.8%

2.34/5  rDev +3.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Poured out of 12 oz can which is the only packaging I've ever seen it in.
Half a finger carbonated head that died down extremely fast with some lacing.
Smelled extremely weak, hardly anything there except piss-like grains. Maybe some corn?
Tasted worse than it smelled. Tasted weak and almost like water, but really really flat and maybe some really light barley malt and corn.
Mouthful was smooth but really flat, despite it looking really carbonated. Bad.
Overall, less pleasant experience the second time around. I'll take on O'Doul's over this.

4.25/5  rDev +88.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Busch NA - Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the can into a pint glass, this brew's head is 1 finger thick, lateral lacing, and a clear medium amber body.

I smell basically the same aroma that I would with regular "BOOOOSCH", but milder.

This also pretty much tastes just like a normal ABV Busch, just watered down with sorghum wheat.

The mouthfeel here is clean and smooth.

Overall, I'll give Busch NA - Anheuser-Busch a 4.25.

1.53/5  rDev -32.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Found this...yes, FOUND THIS in the garage of my recently desceased grandfather. Guy drank for fourty years and I see he left me a gift. Thanks big guy!.

Look - Crystal clear straw golden with a big ole bone white frothy head that you would expect from the regular Busch beer. Carbonation is pretty dead at this point. Lacing does no remain in any way.

Smell - Nothing really. Upon a hard whiff I get just a hint of distant usual suspected corn adjunct.

Taste - Pretty much follows the smell. Lighty corn adjunct and then seltzer water.

Feel - Just like water. Not even a trace of carbonation. Swallows easy and inoffensive.

Overall - What's the point.

2.23/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

1.5/5  rDev -33.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.5/5  rDev +10.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.01/5  rDev -11.1%

Not much to say. Almost like water. Vegetal. Not great smelling. Not great tasting. Not worth the money or time to buy it. Highly carbonated pissy water.

It's the NA version of an already terrible beer...I think that's enough to "justify" my rating.

1.25/5  rDev -44.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Everything to expect from an NA

2.53/5  rDev +11.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

2.27/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Somehow this was a lot better than expected. Someone gave it to me when I said I didn't want a Busch Light 'because I had to drive.' I had never had an NA beer before, so this was new. Not a lot of flavor, as you might guess. It's not offensive or awful though. This of course isn't bound to be a favorite of BAs, but I bet there are worse examples out there.

3.09/5  rDev +36.7%

Busch NA Brewed by Anheuser-Busch. This brew has an ABV of less than 0.50% It is known as a Non Alocholic/ Low Alcohol Beer. The brew pours out a light amber color with a small white head. The smell is light with grains and malts. Busch NA has a nice light taste, but you pick up on some grains an malts. The mouthfeel is light and thin. Also most like water. For what it is worth this is not a bad brew. If you are looking for a brew with Low alcohol then this is the brew for you. This one of the better NA brews on the market. Overall I'm giving this brew a solid 3.5 out of 5.

2.75/5  rDev +21.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Drinking out of a can, Let's see how this compared to regular Busch.

Aroma : light floral, rice, grain.

Flavor : it's not bad. There is an overall fakiness to it that i could go without, but hey - its a near-beer. It's like a slightly less flavorful Busch and its definitely better than Busch light. A mighty try. Tastes like some fake rice, and a lot of nothing at all, but there's that undercurrent of barley malt, and that's nice too.

Mouthfeel : it's a beer. Fizzy, light.

Overall : The box is decorated with awards. I wouldnt go that far. It is however, better than Busch light and has less calories to boot. Not as good as Busch regular of course, and thats to be expected. Sure, I'd have another.

2.36/5  rDev +4.4%