Michelob Black & Tan | Anheuser-Busch

1.25/5  rDev -49.4%

1.5/5  rDev -39.3%

1.5/5  rDev -39.3%

1.58/5  rDev -36%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

1.59/5  rDev -35.6%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

If only this beer tasted as good as it looks. Its color is a dark mahogany with a thick caramel-colored head which fades to a thin layer with plenty of lace. I really did not like the taste of this beer, it begins with coffee notes, which would be pleasing, but the flavor is that of stale coffee. It does improve a bit as it warms, the caramel taste seems to assert itself a bit more, and the stale coffee flavors are somewhat less prominent. The aroma is quite odd, smoky but with an underlying metallic note. Not that good and certainly nothing like a black and tan.

1.75/5  rDev -29.1%

1.75/5  rDev -29.1%

1.85/5  rDev -25.1%

My tour of duty through this miserable Michelob sampler continues...(I think I will give myself a medal of honor when I am done..."Great Lakes Christmas Ale" this weekend)..

Pours a brownish black with a flat Pepsi like appearance...Nose has some hints of dark cocoa and roasted grains....very little flavor...some faint roasted malt and a real bitter aftertaste....moutfeel is very thin and tart on the finish....drinkability would rate low because I don't ever want this in my mouth again unless someone buys me a free one and there is no other beer available..

I'm not a real fan of this style to start with and this one is definitely the worst of this style I have tried...Keep away..

1.96/5  rDev -20.6%

Got 4 of these in the 2006 Michelob Variety 20 pack.

Poured into a pint glass, rich dark brown color, tan head, looks ok.

It smells like roasted malt, nah, make that just malt!

It taste like a Malta, cept it has alcohol in it.

Is that chocolate?... nope it's malta, a little on the thin side.

I wouldn't buy this beer on it's own and it was my least favorite in the mixed pack.

1.96/5  rDev -20.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Chocolate brown beer pours with a moderate tan head which fades quickly. Strong corn smell, with a bit of hops and maybe a hint of caramel. The taste is odd, somewhat medicinal with a touch of chocolate and burnt flavors. Very harsh mouthfeel due to excessive carbonation. Drinkability is at the level that i wonder what to do with the other one in the sampler. Huge disappointment. I really wanted to like the beers from this sampler. This may be the worst of the bunch. I will not buy this box again.

1.98/5  rDev -19.8%

Appearance: Deep ruby brown tone with a bubbly tan head quickly disipates away, leaving thin lacing how said and this beer was bottle conditioned too. Aroma: Once again a dark beer gone wrong, slight coffee and chocolate from the dark roasts used here just so dumbed down absolutely too light. Taste: Offness of slightly burnt graininess no positive flavor going on mild cream stout tone in the backbground this is sorry. Mouthfeel: So damn thin it's sick c'mon give us something decent we know A-B is capable of better than this. Drinkability: Gave it a shot due to the fact that I've never tried this Christmas sampler from Michelob I decided to go against my better judgement and grab one, please don't make the same mistake.

2.06/5  rDev -16.6%

Pours with a thick brown head that goes quickly, not much carbonation. Deep ruby brown color. Hoppy after taste. Not what I expected with a black & tan, remind me not to buy this Michelob sampler again. Almost medium bodied. What I would like to know is whose porter are they using??? The ABV is 5%.

2.09/5  rDev -15.4%

Is this a Budweiser with food coloring in it? I am not just jumping on the anti AB bandwagon, but this is a boring lager. Not much flavor to speak of.
Not a beer I would recommend unless it is free, which this beer was.

2.16/5  rDev -12.6%

From memory as this is discontinued.

2.18/5  rDev -11.7%

A re-review--found in the back of the fridge from the winter sampler pack. This one pours a very thin black with no head. The taste of day old coffee is very thin, still leaves a bad aftertaste. A bad attempt and simply a waste of time and money on this one.

2.25/5  rDev -8.9%