Busch Light | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Reviews: 392 | Ratings: 1,554
Reviews by buschbeer:
2.56/5  rDev +31.3%

I poured into a pint glass to no head. It is pale yellow and transparent. It has very little smell and even less taste. It is watery. I could drink it if I had too. It is pretty popular amongst college age adults. It is cheap and it is alcohol. I am not a fan of light beer.

3.65/5  rDev +87.2%

Busch Light has a very thick, white, quickly-dissipating head and a clear, straw appearance with lots of active carbonation. The aroma is sweet, beer-oriented, and mild. Taste is also a mild, sweet, beery, grainy flavor, with a slight hop spiciness making an appearance. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Busch Light finishes crisp, refreshing, and easy drinking. Overall, for a light beer, this one is okay.

RJT

1.59/5  rDev -18.5%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. States to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast." It does not say natural ingredients only does it?

Appearance: Perhaps the lightest colour beer out there, translucent pale yellow. Thin white lace is what is leftover of the quick foaming head.

Smell: Vague cooked corn, very clean aroma so clean that you can't smell anything else. So clean you can smell the alcohol in this beer.

Taste: Incredibly light body, well manufactured smoothness and a well placed crispness that makes this brew a bit refreshing. Very thin malt flavour, cereal grains are abundant in the flavour but stay clean. Hops seem processed, a lazy bitterness that barely tweaks the scales of taste threshold. Some astringent grain tell you that this brew is quick from start to finish ... by the time you think of swallowing the taste is gone leaving a dryish end.

Notes: Light beer = less calories = less flavour. Why drink beer with less flavour, how much fun is it to eat a diet meal that tastes like nothing?

3.59/5  rDev +84.1%

A - Very pale straw color with a quickly disappearing white head.

S - Light smelling beer, typical lager.

T - Great light taste

M - Light on the tongue. Quite a bit of carbonation.

D - I think this beer is great if you want to drink 20 in an evening. This is a very easy to drink beer and if you're going for volume, the price is right too!

2.6/5  rDev +33.3%

Being in college I end up drinking a lot of light beers due to the cheaper price, and this one is pretty solid considering the price, and due to the fact that you have to rate it as it is, which is a cheap light lager. It goes down smooth and has a sweet corn smell with a typical light beer taste with a somewhat unpleasant sweet aftertaste, regardless it's a nice cheap beer to drink.

Tastes like light vomit in a can. Seriously, I am not sure how people drink this stuff. There is nothing pleasant here.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

3.25/5  rDev +66.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This is not a craft.. For a light beer, and price the taste is not bad. I like it. Crisp and light beer. You can get buzz half the price of miller light and coors light. This is a good beer on budget. Nothing offensive about it All lithe beer drinkers should try it would save you some money.

1.42/5  rDev -27.2%

Best by or Canned Date, 31 Aug, 2012. Today's date Aug 12, 2016.

Serving Can

Take every beer you've ever sampled, sober or buzzed, and it smells like their feet. The police (wife) seems to think it's hilarious to have a nose full of this ass.

The odor has penetrated the sober people. They are running for their lives. I have been designated responsible for the well being of anyone able to comprehend this.

The fortification is getting crucified. There are just too many of them. We will shortly be overrun by an existence responsible for nose boogers. The boogers invade the finger, then, soon the brain.

DON'T be a booger Busch!

1.03/5  rDev -47.2%

Pours with a bit of color and leaves the tiniest white head. Smells like weak amount of grain--a covered silo from a few miles away. Tastes like a bit of grain but mostly husk. Flavor is almost immediately washed away by the excess carbonation. It's like they don't want you to taste it. Unusual. Drinks like carbonated water with some cardboard and old rice.

Serving Type - In a can, the way high quality easy drinking all American beer should be.

Appearance - Golden yellow similar to the nectar of the gods. As with other things a little head before you get to the good stuff.

Smell - It's the smell of a summer day hanging with your buddies kicking back and having a good time 30 beers at a time.

Taste - Smooth and crisp easy drinking. Let's be honest we drink it to get drunk and it goes down nice and smooth. If I was drinking for taste, I would have a fruit umbrella drink.

This is a great all around beer. No matter what you are doing from working on the car to hanging with friends its the right beer.

Nothing beats a cold Busch Light on a hot day...except maybe a warm Busch light in Death Valley.

3.6/5  rDev +84.6%

I'm not particularly fond of light beers, but sometimes I just want something smooth and refreshing, so judging this against other light beers, it has a crisp, clean taste, is very drinkable, and is not offensive in any way. I do have to wonder what other reviewers are comparing it to when rating it so low. It is not a flavorful craft beer nor is it intended to be. I will probably keep a few in my fridge for when I am thirsty and want something light and refreshing on a hot summer day.

3.8/5  rDev +94.9%

There is nothing wrong with this beer on a hot day, I actually tend to reach for it. A thick, chocolately stout type beer has no place in that kind of situation. Even just relaxing at home or with any given bread-based meal, this beer does with it perfectly. I'm giving this review a higher rating for the reason that it is actually one of the better tasting light beers I have tasted, and I have tried many. For the category (Canadian Light Lager), this beer deserves more respect than it gets in my opinion. True, it is like a fizzy water, but when cold...you'd be hard pressed to find a beer that is more satisfying to quench your thirst.

Ah, the ignorance of childhood. I remember my friend's mom used to buy this in bulk for us when I was in High School. Didn't care then. Just wanted to get drunk. Nowadays, you would not get me drinking this no matter how many other beers I've already had. The slightest taste of watery piss swill makes me nauseous now. Whether it's Natty, Keystone or this A-B abomination doesn't matter. Save your money for half decent beer. Leave this for frat houses and shitty moms to buy for their kids and their friends.

The worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. I'd rather drink piss. Even bud and coors are far better. And that's saying a lot

Thanks (I think?) to a great Town of Esopus recycler, who shall remain nameless, for tipping Brian and I of a case of these 16 oz. cans.

A sickly, pale, light straw, topped by a half hearted off white head, which fades quickly, and, with its absence, leaves the pilsner glass appearing to hold the carbonated urine specimen of a terminally ill diabetic.

Smell is an almost non existent aroma of corn and sugar, as lacking in bouquet as the Gobi desert is lacking in rainforest. What smell there is reminds me of bus station bathrooms.

The taste of this is an undersexed, deformed, stunted, alien facsimile of what real beer tastes like. I'd like to describe the malt bill, but there isn't one, or the hop profile, but I think they didn't use hops in this recipe. I mean it, none. I get a very light artificial tasting graininess, and a sort of watery, fizzy thing going on, like someone tried to make beer-flavored soda and only put a quarter of the proper amount of artificial ingredients into the mix.

What is the use of justifying a score for mouthfeel for a beer better suited to use as slug trap than for enjoyment.

Drinkability is... well I just poured the rest of this vile substance down the drain.

This is the first time I have gotten something for free and ended up feeling I overpaid.

Gives me the shits man.

3.5/5  rDev +79.5%

In judging this remember, this is not a craft beer. This is a beer that tastes mighty good after a long hard day working in the heat. For a light beer, the taste is refreshing, crisp, and enjoyable. The appearance, smell, and mouthfeel are average for beers of its type.

3.75/5  rDev +92.3%

Its a cheap beer that doesn't overpower your pallet on a hot day. This is especially true if you're picking up a 30 pack from an Oklahoma gas station (where the beer is 3%). Whether your eating dinner and you don't know what beer to pair with it or on the way to working outside/ playing outside/ playing cards or watching a game, try saying that about your most top rated beer.

Although it will never win a taste contest, based on its "crispness" this one's a staple in my beer diet.

2.89/5  rDev +48.2%

I was not very fond of Busch Light, but it is a cheap beer for any college student. The taste of the beer was average, while the smell was below average. Overall the average and below average characteristics of the beer made it a below average beer in my opinion. It is not one that I would buy.

2.75/5  rDev +41%

Appearance – This is a nice, deep yellow in color and strangely seems darker than the regular Bush. The head was typically bright light, full, and quick to fade.

Smell – The grain here is actually not so bad, again better than I remember the non-light version of this beer. It’s not stale or overly sugared and has a lot of length.

Taste – The grain manages to be non-corny although it is a little stale.

Mouthfeel – This ultra-light lager isn’t bad in the mouth but I didn’t get the rich carbonation that I remember from his big brother.

Drinkability – Overall this is a refreshing example of the style that doesn’t offend.

1.75/5  rDev -10.3%

1.31/5  rDev -32.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and Bud Light. I'd be hard pressed to find any differences between this and basically any other AAL. I'd be hard pressed to find any real differences between this and a bottle of Aquafina. When the dollar price of a beer is almost half the number of cans you're getting, something's not right.

A 30-pack of Busch Light is $15.99.
That is 53 cents per can.
That is about 4 cents per ounce.

Don't trust a beer that cheap. There's a reason that you're paying mere pennies each time you take a sip. I'm not the kind of dick who always goes to the store and buys Heinz ketchup or Glad garbage bags - I typically settle for the Walmart alternative (except when it comes to toilet paper, I always use Charmin). But this is a different story. Cheaper is not always better. It's just.... cheaper.

Busch Light is the beer that bitch slapped your liver for the first time back when you were a sophomore in high school trying to impress that blonde from math class who showed up to your friend's bonfire. "Toss me another one, bro!" The Boone's Farm of beer.

At least it comes in camouflage cans.

1.6/5  rDev -17.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Busch light.

A- Very pale yellow fluid..very pale and uninviting looking with minimal head that leaves mild lacing... nothing special.

S- Nothing but small scents of corn and light alcohol sugars.

T- Bland flavors of corn, sweet barleys and i mild kick of somthing that reminds me of yeast.

M-D- Mouthfeel is forced smoothness...artifical.
Drinkablity is a very questionable idea. Poor college student? Go for it. Other than that don't do it.

1.5/5  rDev -23.1%