Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Busch Light | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 11-28-2001

Ratings: 1,604 |  Reviews: 404

1.67/5  rDev -9.2%

Im not sure how else to spell out awful? I do not believe giving this a bad review would hurt many feelings as i doubt its goal was full flavor and overall goodness....it takes that all a step further

A: almost clear yellow and the head disappears like a sad magic trick, leaving a light apple juice like thing

S: when i first cracked it, it smelled like skunk, which seems implausible sense its in a can, but its the aroma i got

T: id say none? its like those flavored water...beer water!

M/D: it is smoothish and crisp but as for drinkable its not one id normally choose, i guess i figured i had reviewed a few too many good beers lately...i don't know....

Pours a pale straw yellow with a finger of fluffy white head (yes, I dirtied a glass for this.) Smell is similar to most adjunt lagers; ie. Sweet corn. Taste is pretty blasé. However, I'm not going to berate this beer. It's not trying to be a top 100 (or 1000 for that matter) beer. It's easy drinking and mixes well with Clamato when I don't have Straub or Rolling Rock in the fridge. I've knocked back quite a few of these this evening and really have nothing bad to say. Clean finish and easy drinking. It is what it is.

look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.66/5  rDev +44.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.51/5  rDev -17.9%

I didn't think Busch Beer could get any lighter. And I see Busch Light for $4.99 a twelve-pack. Out of money, tired and worn out, I purchase it. As thin and pale as a beer gets...if you stare at it long enough, you'll either think of pee or apple juice, depending on your mood. I really couldn't smell anything out of this beer. And flavor is pretty much defined by a watery mouthfeel, and just a fake hint of sweetness. This beer has no reason to be around. Just buy regular Busch if you're that broke.

3.19/5  rDev +73.4%

I poured from a 40 oz. bottle into a small Polar beer glass that I received from a friend in Venezuela.

A=A rather transparent light yellow. Many noticeable, upwardly mobile bubbles. Head was apparent and frothy for about 10 seconds and then disappeared quickly.

S=Faint but good...a light smell of beer.

T=I haven't had a Busch in a long time--and I liked Busch when I drank it--but this barely reminds me of that. A lighter taste, not really much different than other light beers, but still somewhat enjoyable. Reminds me of an Old Milwaukee (not the light version).

M=Okay, nothing outstanding, but not bad.

D=Definitely could get used to this; the 40 oz. is priced the same as Bud, Bud Light, and Miller Lite, so there is no price advantage to choosing this beer over others; the taste is a bit better than Lite.

I bought this beer primarily to use as a "ringer" in helping me perfect a Black and Tan...a pale comparison to the traditional lagers used, but it should help me eliminate some darker beers for Black and Tan use, i.e. if you can't make a Black and Tan with Busch Light, it won't be any use with better lagers.

1.8/5  rDev -2.2%

I know that there are many of you who enjoy this beer. Why that is I will never understand. But as they say "different strokes for different folks". But rest assured, I would never write about a beer that I have not tried at least twice (if you try it a third time - you like it.

I can not identify any flavor in this beer. It is a bland yellow water with a slight amount of carbonation and a bitter after taste. It does develop a frothy head, especially while pouring it on the ground. But the smell is reminiscent of some of the more rancid cheeses from Belgium.

Again, I do not intend to insult those of you have enjoyed or even love this beer. The company has great commercials and a racing league. But this is not a beer that you will find in my refrigerator. Unless of course I'm playing beer pong that night.

1.75/5  rDev -4.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.5/5  rDev +90.2%

2.75/5  rDev +49.5%

2.45/5  rDev +33.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I have more of these than I'd like to admit. Pretty much flavored alcohol water. For the money, better than Bud or Miller light. For a long golf day or fantasy football draft, not the worst option.

1.8/5  rDev -2.2%

12oz can to standard pint, pours a crystal clear golden, highly bubbly/carbonated, head is foamy and fades

smells of adjuncts, sweetness, light malt

tastes of crisp corn, light bitterness, smooth and easy drinking since theres not much flavor :(

mouthfeel is crisp, light, very easy to drink

ho hum

1.83/5  rDev -0.5%

A-Poured a large frothy white head, lasted quite a long time. Beer settled to a light yellowish brown color. Not terribly visually attractive.

S-Has a biting odor, not complex, just biting, a solid alcohol smell.

T-Thin watery taste, no solid flavors other than that of stale hops. Aftertaste thankfully quickly fades.

M-Feels very light and watery.

D-Not a beer I would recomend for any reason other than for the desperate or very broke. An entirely forgetable brew.

1.93/5  rDev +4.9%

AS this is my cheap beer of choice for getting hammered at parties and what not, let's review it!

Appearance - Pours a straw/gold color with very little head and absolutely no lacing whatsoever.

Smell - Grainy and metallic, doesn't really smell like anything.

Taste - Again, doesn't really taste like much at all. Maybe my palate isn't refined enough for such a fine product, but it tastes like water to me.

Mouthfeel - At least it's nice and crisp! Goes down smooth given the carbonation level, especially if its ice cold.

Overall - You get what you pay for man. This is a cheap beer even for the style. Good for beer bongs, drinking games, frat parties, etc.

1.88/5  rDev +2.2%

This is pretty cheap as far as beers go. I thought that it looked, poured and tasted a lot like coors light. The head was really big and disappeared instantly. There was more carbonation than some of the other beers of this ilk and even had a little bit of a malted taste(which I cannot say is in Bud Lite or Keystone). For someone on a budget not such a bad buy.

Busch Light from Anheuser-Busch