Natural Light

Sep 16, 2001
SCORE
Awful
Natural LightNatural Light
Notes: Natural Light is brewed with a blend of premium American and imported hops, and a combination of malt and corn. Its longer brewing process produces a lighter body, fewer calories and an easy-drinking character.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
1.84/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75
by 1009 from Massachusetts

Well it’s been a few years since we graduated college and none of us have really thought about this beer in years. Yet here we are with a Natty Light in our possession. No one has ever considered this good. We all know this is the beer you buy when you need volume on a budget. Has the taste changed since we last consumed this carbonated water that has been filter through some old pennies? Absolutely not. Light, easy to drink and instantly fills you with regret. Thoughts of “I have a job, why am I drinking this?” Enter your head as you take down this metallic can of piss water.

Sunday at 03:32 PM

1.25 by Jdells09 from New Jersey on May 03, 2022
2.55/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25
by BJB13 from Maryland

12 ounce can poured into a tumbler style pint glass.

L: Crystal clear, pale straw, one plus inch of stark white foam last about a minute before receding to a ring.
S: Opens nice with large grain aroma then settles to floral hops and lesser grain aroma, nose mostly disappears with the head, there is an occasional off wet dog-like aroma.
T: Very little flavor, light toasted "grainy" malt and floral hops, aftertaste is a bit harsh.
F: Highly carbonated, opens with a crisp bite, astringent mouth coating quality, thin bodied.
O: Below average for style in my opinion.

Apr 15, 2022
1.54/5  rDev -12%
by krossoverking from Ohio

There's a time and place for cheap beer in my house. There is never a time and place for Natty. Had some at a friends house just to have something fizzy to drink and it's just rancid stuff. Give me a Bud Light, a Coors, Miller, Corona, Yuengling Light, or anything over this junk any day. It's not that it's without flavor, but that the flavor is putrid.

Apr 06, 2022
4.04/5  rDev +130.9%
by mi_beer_guy

This beer is plain and simple. Crack it open, drink, repeat. Superior drinkability and decent flavor for the best price you can find anywhere! Not sure why guys with gigantic beer guts who chug triple hopped session hazy nitro cold fermented IPA’s rate this beer because you know what you’re gettin at $18 a 30 rack!

Mar 20, 2022
1.18/5  rDev -32.6%
by Camforbes15

Gross

Mar 19, 2022

3 by AmitC from New York on Mar 14, 2022
4.04/5  rDev +130.9%
by MarkieT from Kentucky

I actually like this beer. It goes down easy and has a nice clean taste about it. Usually anything from AB I really don't like but Nat is good stuff. When finished mowing the yard this will be my take a rest beer.

Mar 10, 2022
4.4/5  rDev +151.4%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5
by KevBot89 from Pennsylvania

(4.25) Smell: Citrus, mild pine, loads of grapefruit
4.25 taste: grapefruit, pine, a mild yeast character (or malt?, seems more yeast), Citra hop
4.75 feel: a nice bitterness back of palate encompassed by a soft pillowy mf

Ovr 4.5

Mar 03, 2022
by datstankadank from New Jersey

majority of craft brew losers will upvote a disgusting adjunct stout or ipa, but shit all over easily drinkable and affordable, quality beer. ready for the kids to move on to some other nonsense and let the craft beer fad die out. its about time. this lager is extremely drinkable and cheap. if u prefer a 18 dollar 4 pack of lactose infused ipa shit, go blow it out your ass and die. ukraine needs blood for the cashcows, sign urself up losers.

Mar 01, 2022
2.69/5  rDev +53.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75
by rover4844 from Massachusetts

Look, I'm not gonna get on here and say that Natty Light is the best beer in the world. I don't drink Natty Light because it tastes great. But it does its job, and it does it pretty damn well. It's the go-to cheap beer that I can crush on a hot day when I'm hanging out with some pals.

Tastes like nostalgia.

Feb 18, 2022

2.58 by TMoney2591 from Illinois on Feb 14, 2022
3.2/5  rDev +82.9%
by OhioYeti from Ohio

C'mon, we all know what this beer is so why would anyone discuss the "body, aroma, mouthfeel, nuances ....." It's Natural Light and I'm sure we've ALL had it.

Look, It's not going to rank up there with IPA's or German Maibachs and it's not supposed too.
THIS type of beer just like Miller Light, Bud Light, Michelob light etc. is the kind of cheap beer you grab on a hot day after mowing the grass. It's has low abv, they're light, crisp and go down quick and easy. It's a basic thirst quenching beer and there's nothing wrong with keeping a few of these in your garage fridge for those "I need a quick beer before I start weedwacking" moments. If it embarrasses you, put it in a coozie.

Feb 13, 2022

4.72/5  rDev +169.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5
by Deanis11

Best beer.

Jan 22, 2022
3.26/5  rDev +86.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5
by BroBobby70 from Texas

16 oz. Can poured into Imperial pint glass
Look: light straw, lots of bubbles, three finger head quickly dissipates to thin foam, some lacing
Smell: Some maltiness, more sweet though
Taste: Pretty straight forward lager style, a little watered down, a little bitter on the finish
Mouthfeel: Some carbonation, light mouthfeel
Overall: Pretty average. If you want something that is cold, tastes like beer, can find at nearly any gas station and not break the bank, give it a shot.
Not the best light beer I've had, bit not the worst.
Dont worry about food pairings with this one. It is too simple to overthink.

Jan 14, 2022
1.89/5  rDev +8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75
by stevoj from Idaho

25oz can from Grocery Outlet. Pale, clear golden, fizzy, foamy head. Head looked promising, then...poof...gone. Grainy aroma, adjunct grains, corn. Taste is sweet, grainy flavors with a slight vegetal character. Hops provide a quick sting then it all fades into nothingness, which is good because I certainly wouldn't want that flavor to linger.

Jan 12, 2022

1.64 by uncleotis from Illinois on Jan 03, 2022

2.84 by Gkruszewski from New York on Jan 03, 2022

1.5 by smcel371 from New York on Dec 31, 2021
3.75/5  rDev +114.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75
by Zebra from Michigan

With beers like this, there are always three camps:
1). "This beer is the greatest thing on God's green Earth and if you beer snob wussies are too good for it then go back to your trash IPAs."
2). "This beer is trash made for football watching simpletons, and I, a Renaissance man and artisanal beer aficionado, pity anybody dumb enough to enjoy it."
3) "Meh. It's good for what it is."

If you would've asked me several years back for my take on it, I would've been squarely in Camp #2. But now, I'm firmly in Camp #3.

This beer doesn't need a review going over it's color, aroma, and it's subtle flavor nuances. Anyone on this site knows what this is, because we all had it (or something like it) in our early beer drinking years, long before our first imperial dry-hopped this and that. It's fizzy, refreshing corn water. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. It's not going to amaze you with off-the-wall quirkiness or unexpected depth of flavor, but damn if it isn't refreshing on a hot summer's day or after you've completed a hard workout. I suppose there will be some people out there who just genuinely don't like the flavor, and that's fair. But if you're being a hater just because you feel like it's blasphemy to consider Natty Light in the same category as your favorite espresso-tinged bourbon barrel aged stout...well, you need to lighten up. There's a time and a place for every beer, and this one's no exception.

Dec 22, 2021

3.19 by swierczt from Connecticut on Dec 13, 2021
by Craftbeersistrash72

If George Washington drank this beer when he was crossing the Delaware he would have gotten there a day earlier. Light, refreshing, and the official beer of South Carolina. No beer goes down better after hauling fish over the side of the boat all day. All you snobs drink your skunky ipas and get other dudes to unhook your fish for you because their icky.

Dec 06, 2021
3.17/5  rDev +81.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25
by wl2bill from Wisconsin

Third on my light beer list for taste and price. Great beer for summer when you want to keep it lighter. All in all an underrated beer that needs to be enjoyed for what it is not judged for what it isn't.

Nov 13, 2021
by GucciBalboa from Nevada

This is natural light stop being you and I say it’s good for me at my price point. Buy anything else but a 30 pack for the price of $18 it can’t be beat period. That’s why I rate it 5

Oct 18, 2021

3.31 by Boone757 from Virginia on Oct 16, 2021
by Praymore

Natural Light is one of the purest lite beers on the market. Well balanced blend.

Oct 13, 2021
3.45/5  rDev +97.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5
by Jethro1331 from Texas

OK, I have to make a point with this post. Does natural light compare to any awesome beer out there? Any good hazy IPA or NE IPA or anything else like that? No, it is a mass produced American light beer. And for what it is - it is completely underrated.

Long story short, my brother and I were drinking top notch hazy / NE IPAs with a coozie around them. I noticed a singular natural light in the mini fridge by the pool table left by my college-aged son. So, as a lark, I replace my brother's top notch brew with the natural light. I watch him, he takes a drink, looks at it strange and then keeps drinking it. I expected him to spit it out. Long story shorty, we had a good laugh, but he was saying other than being thin, he enjoyed the flavor. Then I had a sip. We both agreed. Wow, this supposed garbage isn't that bad.

Had it a few times since then. A friend of mine had a 12 pack. And I'm drinking one now, after having bought a 30 pack for the first time in 20 years. (I cook my brats in beer anyway so no loss if nasty). Bottom line, tho, for what it is, actually pretty good.

This is an under rated mass-produced American brew. A good alternative to miller lite and certainly better than Coors light or something. I'm going to rate it based on what it is, not in relation to other good beers.

Oct 02, 2021