Natural Light

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Natural LightNatural Light
Notes: Natural Light is brewed with a blend of premium American and imported hops, and a combination of malt and corn. Its longer brewing process produces a lighter body, fewer calories and an easy-drinking character.
View: Beers
Reviews: 590 | Ratings: 2,270 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by TheManiacalOne:
TheManiacalOne from Rhode Island

2.3/5  rDev +46.5%

Poured from a 12oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a very thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains adjuncts, very light malts and a very faint bit of hops.

T: The taste starts out a light malt and adjunct sweetness followed by a mildly bready grain flavor. There isn't much of a hops presence at all. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Not very flavorful even for the style, goes down easily and not too filling since there isn't a lot to the beer, very mild kick, it's poundable because of its lack of substance, but overall it's not a very good beer.

Feb 01, 2011
CaveDweller24 from Alabama

4.14/5  rDev +163.7%

Best leisure beer out there imo. You can drain 6 in under 30 minutes and have a great buzz and a manageable hangover. You can drink a whole 12 pack and be pretty messed up without puking. It’s a great grilling beer or party beer. My favorite leisure beer by far. Used to drink bud light and miller etc. but natty is what does it for me. Light and crisp. Not sure that you could ask for a better leisure beer. Cheers. Cavedweller24

Jun 05, 2018
hoptheology from South Dakota

1.46/5  rDev -7%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

Dec 12, 2014
DoItRight from California

Here's why to drink this beer: You want fresh light bubbly refreshment on a hot day. It is perfect for that, so hence a five out of five. This is a basic no frills top quality refreshing warm/hot weather beer, or for when you want a water bubbly light beer. Perfection for that quality.
Plus, you can get three quarts for five dollars out the door. It's the go-to beer for bubbly watery beery refreshment.

Sep 24, 2012
Jason from Massachusetts

1.36/5  rDev -13.4%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can with a "Born On Date" on the bottom of the can. 110 calories for a light beer.

Appearance: Pale oh so pale yellow, perhaps the palest beer of them all. Thank the beer gods cause there is a head, thin as paper but there is a head.

Smell: Odd cooked grain and cereal aroma, a bit of dirt in the nose also ... not earth but dirt, perhaps the metallic aroma from the can and the cooked veggie smell?

Taste: Thin body, thin malt. Crisp with a tonic like carbonation and a scarcely smooth mouth feel. Extremely faint malt flavour, cereal grains are more noticeable. Hops are nearly negligible and the only reason they even are present in the flavour threshold is that there is barely any malt flavour. On the dry side with a weird thin flash of sweetness that seems forced. The after taste consists of pretty much nothing except a very faded grain and corn taste.

Notes: Where's the beer? Light beers are light beers but this is on the verge of not even being beer.

Sep 16, 2001
Tripel_Threat from Michigan

2.58/5  rDev +64.3%

Drank this one right from the can at an what I guess can be called an after-party, after sampling some fine, fine ales at a beer expo. A little pizza and a cold one of these pressed into my palms made for an enjoyable hour. Aroma was sweet corn adjuncts and grain, and that's pretty much the flavor. Slightly watery, this one isn't going to be winning awards, but it does what it does.

May 23, 2017
Vinman29 from Virginia

3.49/5  rDev +122.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I like this beer a lot more than its Bud Light counterpart. Maybe it's the carbonation, but it also tastes better to me, and costs less. To me the flavor is okay, but there is something cheap about it. So it doesn't have the quality of Bud Light, but I still like the flavor better. The beer is not easily quantifiable to me. It is like a Coors Light if Coors Light tasted much better. But still something is missing from this beer. Plenty of alcohol in this beer for a light beer. I don't love it, but next to a Bud Light or Coors Light in the cooler I'd choose it first. Lite from Miller is a much better option in this category. I want to like Natural Light more, but it doesn't have the X factor. At the same time, it has a lot of haters when it really is not bad, to me. This is the Nissan/7-11 of beers.

Sep 18, 2017
DubsIsNeat from Wisconsin

4.18/5  rDev +166.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Overall a very drinkable beer. Rarely found on tap, great value and good beer to hydrate. Also useful for feeling out how judgemental a guest Is about beer selection.

Oct 19, 2017
AstroMike from Texas

4.05/5  rDev +158%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

Feb 12, 2012
JohnnyI from South Carolina

1.92/5  rDev +22.3%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

Mar 09, 2015
ofillerfromhell from Missouri

3.81/5  rDev +142.7%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

Jan 09, 2015
bigpepperoninate from North Carolina

4.11/5  rDev +161.8%

Oh yeah...natty light...the classic Go-To beer for this guy. Let me tell you when I crack a natural light it sounds like Matthew Mark Luke and John from the Bible singing a melody in my ears....straight up beer gospel buddy. Now when I take that first sip....boy oh boy do I get a feeling that I'm living the good life. I'm jumping into a pool of sunshine when i drink this beer. I literally get chills when i take the second sip. by the third sip, im already chugging because i cannot get enough of this delicious beer. Goes down smoother than butter on warm toast. I got a feeling me and natural light are gonna be in a journey together for the long run. Overall, this beer is the Go-to.

Dec 05, 2015
dbrauneis from North Carolina

1.94/5  rDev +23.6%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some very faint lemon yellow highlights. The beer has a three finger tall foamy bright white head that reduces to a thin film covering the entire surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Very light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjuncts and just a hint of sweetness.

T: Upfront there is a light to moderate flavor of corn adjuncts and grainy malts with just a hint of grassy hops. Light amounts of bitterness that fades rather quickly.

M: Very light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Crisp but watery.

O: This beer is very easy to drink and is refreshing but is not really interesting enough to want to have another. This would be a good beer for drinking on the beach, especially out of the 24 oz. can.

Oct 06, 2013
TinyRicks from Michigan

Sweet Jesus. I love my light beers but this is gotta be the lowest of the lows. Natty Light is what the dollar store would sell if they opened a bootleg back room distillery maintained by the minions.

May 24, 2016
laxbro4112 from New York

2.26/5  rDev +43.9%

Honestly it is what it is. This is a very cheap college beer and it does fairly well at it. The taste, look, and smell are all horrible and it drinks more like carbonated water, but for college drinking its perfect. I understand the hate, especially on a website like this, but I feel like most people rate it compared to something much better and in a different tax bracket. So drink it for what it is, easy drinking light beer to get drunk off of.

Apr 22, 2017
thebadone24 from California

It honestly doesn't get much lower than this. You may as well drink alcohol-laced water if you're going to grab for a Natural Light. The flavor and smell are off-putting and this beer is enjoyed more by alcoholics who need something cheap than someone who wants to enjoy what they're drinking.

Mar 08, 2018
kboe1313 from Iowa

2.41/5  rDev +53.5%

Good beer to session drink with your friends. The taste is minimal, but I actually appreciate the little note of malt sweetness. A 15 pack of these cost 30% less than a 12 pack of bud, miller, Coors. Who wouldn't pass that up?

Apr 08, 2018
gmark from Illinois

1.15/5  rDev -26.8%

Never had Natural Light before, and seeing it seemed fairly popular around beer tents, I decided to pick up a 30 pack and give it a try. Was stunned upon first tasting it, thinking I was having a bad flashback to when I was sick and getting alca-seltzer. Why did they even call this beer? Its just some fizzy, over carbonated weird water. Day after day, I would try another Natural Light hoping my taste was just off, and maybe it is drinkable. Nope, their is nothing redeeming in that mess. But what really floors me is that some people actually like it!?!? Give me a Bud light any day over natural light. I ended up dumping the rest of the case down the drain. I couldnt stand drinking it any longer.

Jul 06, 2018
RosieBeezley from Washington

4.03/5  rDev +156.7%

This beer is like water in a can, but it is definitely my favorite. I drink beer because I like the taste. And this doesn't get me drunk like a lot of other beers when I drink it at the same pace. Love natty light

Jul 11, 2018
Tlloyd417 from Colorado

Smells and taste like cat piss. Reminds me of high school and not in a good way.

Dec 24, 2014
jws1272 from Ohio

I used to drink this when I was 20, and didn't know any better. I just knew that it was a cheap light beer. I was at a horror convention recently, and the folks presenting the low-budget flick were giving out cans of Natty to the crowd in that 100-seat room. I raised my hand, and was tossed a can of NL. Upon cracking it, I remembered why I switched to decent & craft beer. That stuff tasted like water with a tiny smidgen of beer flavor. If you're just looking to get drunk, that's your beer. If you actually want to TASTE it.....look elsewhere......

Apr 28, 2016
Spencerh3 from Texas

You dont drink this for the taste or mouthfeel. You drink it to get fucked up at a party for cheap. If you want mouthfeel and taste drink wine with your husband.

Mar 21, 2019
Brandtmo

3.7/5  rDev +135.7%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

Nov 25, 2012
Brolo75 from California

1.08/5  rDev -31.2%

Used to drink this back in high school when a 30 pack was $10, haven't touch it in years, big nasty corn wet newspaper aroma and taste.

Dec 20, 2014
RoyaleWithCheese from New York

4.2/5  rDev +167.5%

This beer isn't meant to compete with any of the top stuff here.... it's just a cheap, light beer that you can throw in a cooler and have on a hot day before the game or when you're grilling - and for that it's perfect. I always have a few in my fridge when I'm looking for something light. Brings back memories too :)

Apr 01, 2015