Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Reviews: 533 | Ratings: 2,080
Reviews by match1112:
2.5/5  rDev +37.4%

I sit down with an ice cold can, and only the purest thoughts of alcoholic absolution run through my mind. Cracking open the top and listening to the hiss of the carbonation, I'm immediately transported to a land of verdant, rolling hops and ice cold mountain streams. Indeed, this is a beer meant for kings and gods, that much is apparent from the outset. A routine pour reveals a beer steeped in ineffable majesty. The cascading, golden lager results in sumptuous suds, with a head that literally begs for a deep, long drag from the dry gulch of the thirsty everyman. Beer meant for men, and not much else needs to be said. Brewers can do it right, or do it wrong, and Natural Light hits a slam dunk every time. I love this beer more than I love pizza.

1.46/5  rDev -19.8%

I was in town, had one mission to complete (pick up two pizzas for my friend's kids), and lots of time on my hands. So I was bored. Sue me. (no, don't.) I saw a six pack of Natural ("Natty") Light just chilling lonely in the bargain brew section. $4.49, I figured...why not. How bad can it be? It's an Annheuser-Busch product, if anything it's just a little worse than Busch Light.

I'm here to tell you, this swill is baaaaad. Like whoa, bad. Laugh out loud bad. It's drinkable, yes, but throw taste out the window, it tastes like garbage.

Appearance (2) : It actually pours a head. Surprising. The body is the clearest beer I have ever seen. It's like bad municipal city water.

Aroma (1.75) : tin, grain, washed out corn, light floral, watered down steamed rice.

Flavor (1.5) : None. Well okay. It's a rush of tin and metal, with a malt liquor-type of alcohol burn, followed by the faintest hint of malted grain. And when I mean faint, I mean faint. That is it for flavor, that is as descriptive and as thorough as I can be. So there you have it.

Mouthfeel (1.5) : Fizzy, stabbing carbonation and a watery wash. It drinks easy, though.

Overall (1.46) : I can already feel myself getting a headache from this and I'm only a half of a can in. Can I rename this beer to "liquid metal"? It might sell better that way and at least they're being honest about the taste. The belches have more flavor than the beer itself. So in closing this beer is close to the worst I've ever had in my life. If you truly hate yourself you'll buy and drink this beer. It really truly is, pure garbage. I may honestly use the rest of the six pack for target practice on the range.

1.36/5  rDev -25.3%

Presentation: 12 oz light silver can with a "Born On Date" on the bottom of the can. 110 calories for a light beer.

Appearance: Pale oh so pale yellow, perhaps the palest beer of them all. Thank the beer gods cause there is a head, thin as paper but there is a head.

Smell: Odd cooked grain and cereal aroma, a bit of dirt in the nose also ... not earth but dirt, perhaps the metallic aroma from the can and the cooked veggie smell?

Taste: Thin body, thin malt. Crisp with a tonic like carbonation and a scarcely smooth mouth feel. Extremely faint malt flavour, cereal grains are more noticeable. Hops are nearly negligible and the only reason they even are present in the flavour threshold is that there is barely any malt flavour. On the dry side with a weird thin flash of sweetness that seems forced. The after taste consists of pretty much nothing except a very faded grain and corn taste.

Notes: Where's the beer? Light beers are light beers but this is on the verge of not even being beer.

Here's why to drink this beer: You want fresh light bubbly refreshment on a hot day. It is perfect for that, so hence a five out of five. This is a basic no frills top quality refreshing warm/hot weather beer, or for when you want a water bubbly light beer. Perfection for that quality.
Plus, you can get three quarts for five dollars out the door. It's the go-to beer for bubbly watery beery refreshment.

3.81/5  rDev +109.3%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

1.94/5  rDev +6.6%

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some very faint lemon yellow highlights. The beer has a three finger tall foamy bright white head that reduces to a thin film covering the entire surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Very light amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of grainy malts with moderate amounts of corn adjuncts and just a hint of sweetness.

T: Upfront there is a light to moderate flavor of corn adjuncts and grainy malts with just a hint of grassy hops. Light amounts of bitterness that fades rather quickly.

M: Very light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Crisp but watery.

O: This beer is very easy to drink and is refreshing but is not really interesting enough to want to have another. This would be a good beer for drinking on the beach, especially out of the 24 oz. can.

1.92/5  rDev +5.5%

I'm going to try to give this an objective review. Why? I don't know. Maybe it's out of a sense of duty, given the connection I have to this beer through my college experience. Well here goes.... Picked up a single 16 oz. can at the corner gas station. Pours in to a Craft Beer Exchange pint glass with a thin, fizzy head that dissipates almost instantaneously. The exceptionally pale, translucent, yellow beer affords a good look at the bubbles streaming to the surface. Without them, it would appear completely lifeless and stale. I was going to talk about the aroma, but there is none. I accidentally dipped my nose in to the beer while trying to get close enough to detect...anything. Traces of pale malts and a vague "beer" smell. That's about it. The taste? Almost nothing there either. It is so mild and nondescript that I would hesitate to label the flavor. Perhaps a faint aftertaste of creamed corn. With a watery mouthfeel, average carbonation and an exceedingly thin body, it makes you wonder why. Why would anyone voluntarily buy this? Why even bother? I guess the answer is found in my college dorm days. My roommate's dad worked for Anheuser-Busch, and the college was located just outside of St Louis. So, if you use your imagination, I'm sure you can envision that this was NOT a good combination for a freshman living out of state. I managed to wallpaper the entire ceiling of our room with the case labels. But, as cheap as each 30-pack was, it exacted a much higher price in the form of poor judgment, embarrassment, and legal fees for my drunken escapades. The moral of the story? Drink this beer only if it's free. But be prepared to be completely uninspired, possibly nauseated, and maybe even arrested.

Sweet Jesus. I love my light beers but this is gotta be the lowest of the lows. Natty Light is what the dollar store would sell if they opened a bootleg back room distillery maintained by the minions.

4.05/5  rDev +122.5%

Being a blue collar worker in this weak economy I have been dealing with stress and having to budget like never before! This cheap beer takes care of both of those things. We all know it's one of the most lower end American beers you can buy, but I have drank several generic brands and this one does the job best for me when I want a good buzz at an affordable price. I typically prefer the 6 pack 16oz cans but sometimes stock up on the 30 pack lol. The smell is light, the flavor while watery is still good and makes it easy to drink. I have been drinking this beer for almost 3 years now and it makes me feel good after I've had my share lol. It doesn't give me a hang over or head ache either. Like I said I am more about affordability then quality right now and don't consider my self a beer connoisseur. I'm happy with my Natty Light, sitting on the couch with my girl, watching netflix. Call me cheap, I don't care. Natty Light rocks!

Single-handedly the worst beer I have ever had, this has barely any taste and it reminds me of drinking a can of 4/5ths of water 1/5ths of beer. Natural Ice is by far the better option and they both cost the same so do yourself a favor and do not buy this beer.

1.08/5  rDev -40.7%

Used to drink this back in high school when a 30 pack was $10, haven't touch it in years, big nasty corn wet newspaper aroma and taste.

I used to drink this when I was 20, and didn't know any better. I just knew that it was a cheap light beer. I was at a horror convention recently, and the folks presenting the low-budget flick were giving out cans of Natty to the crowd in that 100-seat room. I raised my hand, and was tossed a can of NL. Upon cracking it, I remembered why I switched to decent & craft beer. That stuff tasted like water with a tiny smidgen of beer flavor. If you're just looking to get drunk, that's your beer. If you actually want to TASTE it.....look elsewhere......

3.47/5  rDev +90.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer.

4.04/5  rDev +122%

For all the light beers out there and the cheap price of this, it is perfectly fine. It smells gross but with the low alcohol content and smoothness, you could easily drink this while eating food, having one at a friends, tailgating, etc. Very good light beer. Do not understand the hate

2.3/5  rDev +26.4%

Poured from a 12oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a light yellow color, with a thin white head that fades quickly and leaves a very thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains adjuncts, very light malts and a very faint bit of hops.

T: The taste starts out a light malt and adjunct sweetness followed by a mildly bready grain flavor. There isn't much of a hops presence at all. The after-taste is slightly sweet.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Not very flavorful even for the style, goes down easily and not too filling since there isn't a lot to the beer, very mild kick, it's poundable because of its lack of substance, but overall it's not a very good beer.

2.23/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2.25

As a college student, this was the most common beer found at parties. It is not good at all, most beers are better than this.

It smells like an average macro beer. It is pretty easy to get down but for someone that enjoys tasting beer, this is not for you.

BUT this beer brings back memories and has never let me down at 9am on gameday

Smells and taste like cat piss. Reminds me of high school and not in a good way.

3.75/5  rDev +106%

Go to beer when your on a budget

3.01/5  rDev +65.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3

No off flavors and very drinkable. Not awful. Plus it's natural so it's healthy.

3.95/5  rDev +117%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer.

4.57/5  rDev +151.1%

Absolutely love it!!! My 1st choice when it comes to buying beer. Its cheap and for someone who drinks it like I do, thats a good thing. It's very good when its very cold but I could really care less. Not many people "bum" beer off of me because most folks dont drink it

3.8/5  rDev +108.8%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

2.27/5  rDev +24.7%

Serving: Can, from the can
Served: So many times I can't count, but not within the last 3 months. This beer somehow slipped through ALL the cracks

Appearance: Pours the lightest yellow imaginable with a billowy head that collapses to nothingness roughly as soon as your done pouring. Big carbonation visible.

Smell: Grass, creamed corn, roughage, sweet white bread.

Taste: About the same as the nose. Very much standard old boring beer. Very sweet.

Mouthfeel: Light body with big carbonation, quaffable in the extreme.

Overall: A terrible beer, but on that has its place (shotgunning and pong).

4.95/5  rDev +172%

well first off, let me start by saying that I'm in a frat that makes me automatically qualified to be an expert on beer. I like to get fucked up. Period. Ive been drinking since I've been thirteen, and I'm fucked up right now. good beer

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch