Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Reviews: 533 | Ratings: 2,067

again not worth rating this beer. Never could find this beer in a bottle. Had this beer when I was in college.The worst beer I ever had for a long time until I tried hieneken and India pale ale. This is absolute piss water if there were such a thing. This the leftovers of the leftovers of the leftovers. Great in playing college beer games, but colors isn't good, taste is not existant as well as drinkabilty

OKAY. I was hiking in Colorado when I had this, as an explanation.

Hot day, right on - I had a little flask of Windsor Canadian with me (a rare thing, I view liquor as merely a wasted chance to have a beer, but sometimes you're in situations where you need a little to go a long way), and it came to pass that one of the guys hauled out a few cans of Natty that he'd been toting. He kindly offered to share, but we gave them a while in a nearby stream to cool down a bit first.

Look man, perhaps obviously by posting here, I love beer. Love it, nearly all of it, and I do my best to keep an open mind and leave the snobbery aside.

But even given that I love beer, given that it was hot, I was tired, and would have pronounced a cold can of Budweiser the equal of Westvleteren XII (not that I've ever had the latter) on that day, this is some terrible beer right here.

There's just NO reason for it to be as utterly thin, tasteless and generally bad as it is. I mean, they could care a LITTLE bit about what they put in cans, it seems to me.

Appearance- Piss Water
Smell- Piss
Taste- None
Mouthfeel- Water
Overall- Perfect to clean your toilet with. Looking back on my 18 year old self i realize why we drank this. But now i want to smack myself in the head, if you want to go cheap, get some high life.

One of the worst beers I've ever tried. This beer is completely watery with a slightly metalic flavor on the finish. Really, this beer is so watery and nasty tasting, it's hard not to be impressed with AB's ability to fashion such a bad beer. Even by AB stanadards, this stands out as a particularly awful effort.

Sweet Jesus. I love my light beers but this is gotta be the lowest of the lows. Natty Light is what the dollar store would sell if they opened a bootleg back room distillery maintained by the minions.

I drank one of these from a half-empty case left by partying college kids at a neighborhood beach. Presumably the abandoned it accidentally. This beverage is very pale in color, and has virtually no smell or taste. It feels like water going down the chute. If you're thirsty, it may be better than nothing, but I'll stick with my bottle of spring water. For the college kids (only over 21), without a developed taste for malt and hops, this may be a good way to chill with friends.

Why is there no rating below 1.0? This beer is the stuff fratboy's vomit is made of. This beer is quite pungent with a odor like no other. It smells sort of like a dumpster at a very popular bar. I cant believe people actually drink this crap. After a glass full I cant take anymore. Color is like any other cheap domestic beer; golden and clear. I feel sick now and dont think I need to continue this review any further. My opinion is that this brew is un-drinkable. Pour it down the drain and save yourself from a horrible experience.

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

It is neon green cat pee.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up)

Pours an yellow, fizzy color with a head that doesn't last. Taste is somewhat watery with only a mild corn background. Definitely tastes like drinking fouled water. For being one of A-B's "budget" beers, I'm not too shocked. If you like your beers to go down easy and taste like nothing, this beer's for you.

Where to begin. I cant think. My buddy claimed that this is the most drinkable beer on the planet. I avoid this one like the plague. As for the shitty lights, this one is on the extreme end of the spectrum, bordering not even worth drinking for a buzz. My advice to anyone who is drinking beer just to feel good, stick with your bud heavy. If you gotta go light, keystone maybe?? shit they all suck

Everything about this beer says budget budget budget. It smells like molded water, taste like molded water, and does not give you a buzz. Obviously brewed with corn or other fillers

A - Light as can be

S - As mentioned before, like molded water, the smell is quite awful

T - Almost as if you are drinking salted water

M - No body or texture

O - I do not suggest drinking this beer, it can not be healthy

Review from notes

This is downright one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had in my life. Nearly as bad as Blue Moon (see review for that one). I can drink a BMC beer, no problem. But Natty Light has an off taste of strong metallicness and a bit of sour vegetable or something weird in the finish. Bland to start, bad to finish. I'm glad I didn't attend many college parties.

Quite possibly the worst beer in the entire world. Natural Light shows what mindless marketing can convince people of buying. Natural Light is a beer people buy not for the experience of beer, but for getting drunk. It is made to be light so that you can consume more it it; not so that a creative beer can be enjoyed. Its lackluster performance is due to its lack of concern to even take any risks. It is Great Value cereal grains, yeast, and if it has hops, I can't taste it.

I tried this beer because I have a bunch of friends who had it laying around. NEVER AGAIN!

My rating says it all. Watery appearance. No aroma or taste worth noting. Mouthfeel is just as watery as it looks. Got stuck with a bottle of this at a party hosted by people who have no clue about beer. I actually couldn't finish it which says volumes because I'm usually not one to turn down a freebie. I'm not sure if it's the worst beer I've ever had because it has lots of competition but its got to be close.

Has to be up there as one of the lowest rank beers.

appearance: basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher. NO taste....

mouthfeel: watery adn very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days.

Pours a very pale yellow color with a fizzy white head that immediately fades. No lacing.

Funky(not in a good way) aroma with lots of grain and an odd metallic presence. Lots of corn and stale hops along with very faint malt.

Flavor is identical to the aroma. Very thin and watered down with an odd metallic flavor along with sweet, grainy corn, stale hops and pale malt. Very unpleasant and even though it is very light and watery, I'm still having a hard time choking it down.

This beer is absolutely awful and doesn't have one positive quality. One of the worst beers I've ever had.

WORST BEER I have ever tried in my life! Worse than Corona, BudMillerCoors, and most adjunct beers IMO.

A: Two second head. if you drink this you probably don't know what lacing is.

S: Aluminum.

T: The taste of the aluminum can dominates any beer flavors present. Malt and hop flavors never made it in to the party. Besides aluminum, there are some corn and rice adjunct flavors in there.

M: Carbonated water

D: About the same as carbonated water. I don't think that counts.

The high point of this beer is its alcohol content. I remember being disappointed when I got this for free at frat parties in my early college years. I'm not sure this deserves to be called beer. I've tasted NA beers that were better than this.

This is the worst beer in the world. It is to beer what the antichrist is to Catholicism. It's like a parody of beer, "brewed" by people who secretly hate beer and want people who drink their product to learn to hate it as quickly as possible. When good beers go to bed at night, they dream of this shi!e lurking under their beds.

I was introduced to this years ago by a man who drank this exclusively. I now wonder whether he hated himself, or was just such a cheap alocholic that he was left with no other choice...

When you pour it into a glass- it looks like a well-hydrated person has taken a frothing piss- so it's probably better just to drink it from the can to save yourself from seeing its appearance.

It smells like... this actually gave me pause... It smells enough like beer to pass the test, but just because something smells like beer does not mean it's beer.

It's taste is its strongest suit. Do not mistake this for its best suit. It's best suit is that it is easily identifiable in can-form, so that it's easy enough to avoid. It's taste is like Miller Highlife filtered through a beaches storm drain and mixed with murky lake water. If I had to guess, it tastes like the water that pet turtles must swim in- Funky, with just a splash of artificial beer taste to make it taste SOMETHING like beer, but not quite. it gives me a queasy, sick, stomach-churning sense just thinking about it.

The mouthfeel is like water, except your mouth feels dirty afterwards- like it's polluted your mouth.

Overall this is the worst beer I can imagine. It's what I would force prisoners to drink to rehabilitated them from drunk driving. After being forced to drink this, most people would never want to touch ANY beer ever again.

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer.

I drank this from a can.

This is piss colored, carbonated, light gold with a bad white head and no lacing.

It smells like skunky beer.

It tastes like skunky beer too. I drank this a lot back in the day when I didn't know any better, now its the worst thing imaginable.

It is going to be hard to come up with ways to expound upon "Worst. Beer. Ever." when attempting to describe this brine, because I think that about says it all. Calling this beer watery is an insult to water. Light fizzy gold color with a weak white head. You'll find as much lacing with this beer as you would with a pair of Velcro sneakers. Aroma of mineral water. Weak, borderline insulting flavor and no finish at all. Why anyone would try to explain the virtue of being able to buy 30 cans of this to get hammered for a low price is beyond me. Spend a dollar more and get a beer with a bit of flavor that actually has some alcohol in it if that is your game. There is simply no reason for this to exist.

I honestly do not understand the fascination w/ this absolute shitty beer. It seems it's almost always this @ college parties... IT SUCKS!!! Maybe it's because I don't flock to light beer like every single other spineless American, but there are so many other beers out there for the same price. If you're gonna go w/ cheap beer, get Pabst of Evil Eye or something. Don't torture yourself w/ awful light beers.

1.02/5  rDev -44.3%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

1.03/5  rDev -43.7%

This is what hell tastes like.

Pale, watery, dirty yellow look to this. Could pass as urine easily.

Smells fortunately like nothing. Given what it could smell like, this is a plus.

Tastes like creamed corn, overcooked vegetables, and seltzer water. No hop character. No malt character. Just no character of any sort. A big 0.

Light bodied, sort of crisp mouthfeel, gets real nasty when it warms up.

You could waterboard me with this stuff and I'd probably enjoy it more than drinking it.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch