Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Ratings: 2,130 |  Reviews: 545

I'm not sure if this beer even qualifies as a 1 out of 5 rating... This is the college piss water you use to keep yourself hydrated in between shots.

1.52/5  rDev -10.1%

1.08/5  rDev -36.1%

1.75/5  rDev +3.6%

1.5/5  rDev -11.2%

1.25/5  rDev -26%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.62/5  rDev -4.1%

Pours a crystal clear straw color with a small head that leaves no lacing down a 16oz pub glass.

Smell is fairly weak of a lager yeast and adjunct grain malts.

Taste is pretty much same as nose, with the grain malts and classic american lager dry crispness.

Mouthfeel is really watery but has good carbonation like a soda.

Overall, not gonna set the world on fire but it is defiantly refreshing on a hot day after mowing the grass. My dad left one at my house a couple of weeks ago while watching the ballgame and I grew up drinking this so I figured I would give it a review. Defiantly not the worst beer I have ever drink but sure leaves room for improvement.

Would be my go to in college due to the fact that it was $10 per case. Only drink if looking to drink a lot of "beer" at one party.

2.5/5  rDev +47.9%

I purchased it in the cans and put in the fridge for the nephews who like it (they "pick things up and put them dowen") since it's low calorie and they're on the younger side of beer appreciation. I had one cold from the fridge and found it quite inoffensive. In fact so devoid of anything that it was quite refreshing, like Busch, or water, and I can see how it would be a good session beer, and why it's popular with the frats. No smell, no taste except a quick crisp carbonation that quickly dissipates, no odd aftertaste (I'm talking about you Narragansett) , just an easy 4.2% ABV beer. It's like stretching out for the real game, or coming in the the home stretch after. No offense. No foul. Lots of descriptive reviews here making up offenses, but really it is almost as inoffensive as Ultra Light, where you suspect it is take calories out of your body, like some kind of flavor vacuum. In fact I'm so content with its neutrality I'm upping my rating to a true beige medium of 2.5.

3.75/5  rDev +121.9%

Go to beer when your on a budget

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch