Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Ratings: 2,132 |  Reviews: 547
1.73/5  rDev +2.4%

Natty Light. Surprisingly, in the area I'm from, Natty is around but plays second fiddle to Beast. I think its because Natty is more watery than beast, and most likely the people who buy Natty are buying it to get drunk and not for its taste. Honestly, the only time I've ever poured this beer was into little plastic cups for drinking games. But as I recall it pours a pale golden yellow with no head and decent carbonation. It smells of corn, rice, and filler. It has a faint bitter/skunk taste, not from hops. This isn't because I got a skunk case--it's part of the beer's flavor. Honestly, its very watered down which makes it easy to drink, but the taste just isn't there so its difficult to enjoy. If you graduate college and still purcahse this, you had either be making payments on a ferrari and consequently have no $ for beer, or living with your parents and still looking for one of them things they call jobs. But, it serves its purpose and there are worse things out there.

1.53/5  rDev -9.5%

This brew had a mild to no aroma. A light yellow pour with next to no head. Some lacing as the glass is tilted. Tastes like a Budweiser to me. That's probably an insult, but so is the beer. No wonder I once thought all American beer was bad. After it warms, the aroma becomes even more noxious. But, as a faithful BA, I must sample ALL beers. Can I have another Sinebrychoff Porter please? I have to wash this swill down!

This beer, when poured into my glass, had a large white frothy head with small bubbles that fully diminished. There was some lacing with this beer and very little carbonation was observed. There was very little flavor and the mouthfeel was light and watery.

1.46/5  rDev -13.6%

In something of a challenge from an old college friend, I had a couple of these this past weekend.

Pours pale yellow, thin white head that disappears pretty quickly. I drank this first one out of a glass just to review it and then switched to a from-the-can approach. Aromas were faint but sloppy -- kind of metallic and actively annoying. Taste is almost non-existant when the beer is ice cold. Very faint malt flavors and no real finish to speak of.

Anyhow, witness exhibit A in the prosecution of macro pale lagers as "piss." I haven't consumed piss to my knowledge -- but if ever there were a beer that ressembled urine in appearance, this must be it. It's drinkable for sure, but there are a couple things you have to think about: (1) Why bother? and (2) Drink it before it gets warm, because it'll be brutal on your senses otherwise.

1.78/5  rDev +5.3%

I was at a wedding reception and this is all that they had on tap. I never had it so I thought I would give it a try. I was not impressed. It poured a bright yellow gold color, with a head that was gone with the blink of an eye. there was much carbonation however, it looked like ginger ale. It tasted like seltzer water. I really could not taste much flavor at all. I would be able to drink many of these because it was like water. However, I would not want to.

1.43/5  rDev -15.4%

Absolutely awful! Very light appearance and a skunky smell. This beer tastes very watered down and just won't go down for me. I have never been able to drink more then 2 and I don't think I ever will be able to. Out of all the low end beers, this one takes the taco.

Hey, another AB product that is terrible. Allow me a moment to act surprised. This is another bad beer. Poured from the can a pale yellow/brown colour. Dirty toilet water? Mutated dog saliva? I don't know. Smelled weak. What was detected was, of course, corn. Tasted, at best, tolerable. No malts, no hops, little corn, lotta chemicals, but nothing that will make you vomit terribly. Carbonated mouthfeel. Little watery. Definitely a macro light beer. Sure, you can pound back a few of these, but why? Switch to something more enjoyable or don't drink at all.

1.5/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Natty Light is not the greatest beer in the world, but it gets the job done, and thats all that matters. Sure it doesn't go down as smooth as others, but to be quite honest I prefer it over other beers like Bud Light. Its not as bad as everyone says. Natty Light is the poorman's drink, and that's the bottom line.

1.1/5  rDev -34.9%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it.

Where to begin. I cant think. My buddy claimed that this is the most drinkable beer on the planet. I avoid this one like the plague. As for the shitty lights, this one is on the extreme end of the spectrum, bordering not even worth drinking for a buzz. My advice to anyone who is drinking beer just to feel good, stick with your bud heavy. If you gotta go light, keystone maybe?? shit they all suck

1.32/5  rDev -21.9%

Natural Light, just walk down Grant or McClaine in Morgantown and you will see this beer just about every place you look it seems unescapable down here. Well, my roomate had a party over the weekend and he offered me a leftover beer. According to him this beer isn't bad, and that he doesn't mind it well it appears a fizzy yellow not gold yellow with a quickly dissipating white head leaving drops of lace around the glass with each sip. The aroma has a very adjunct ridden aroma but it is almost bearable due to some detectable sweetness. I don't think this beer has any hops in it, when it comes down to it this beer is carbonated water flavored with "beer". If they sold a beer flavoring this would be it very dumbed down in flavor, aroma, and appearance designed for one thing mass consumption. It's not horrible tasting just there is nothing here worth tasting so, I guess for ten bucks a case this continues to be my peers drink of choice. The mouthfeel is seltza water definitely a poorly made beer that I could never have the urge for, and why drink a ton of this stuff all it will leave you is a bad hangover and a bloated stomach. Pass on the shitty beer if your trying to get drunk and grab a bottle of liquor some Jagermeister treats me much better than a case of Natty.

2.28/5  rDev +34.9%

ok, so this is my first review on the site, and being a college student i thought i should use the one beer that is most dear to me. I know everyone trashes this beer, and no its not a good beer, but when pitchers are $2.50 you can't pass it up. Very pale, clear in color, rank smell(should definately keep it in the can so you don't get a nosefull), and it tastes like water. However, it also goes down like water and is perfect for when drinking a lot or on hot days, i think i could take a water bottle of it when i run. so overall no its not a beer i'd crack open when i'm in the mood for a beer, but occasionally for the price its hard to beat.

1.5/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Oh my God! I laugh at every redneck in standing in front of me at the store buying this crap for $6.99 a 12 pack in cans! This is straight piss! For people who can't afford anything else, if you have the extra $3 at least get a 12 pack of Michelob. Pure toilet water!

1.41/5  rDev -16.6%

One word describes this beer for me, college. I think it was $4.25 for a 12 pack. I remember that my friend and I use to buy a twelve pack of Natty Light and a six pack of something better. That was the life six years ago.

No flavor, no smell, no aftertaste, just pale piss in a can. Don't bother, and if you have to then go for Pabst. This beer has no smell, no flavor and no taste.

Good day!

1.85/5  rDev +9.5%

When i poured this beer into a Pint glass i was amazed at how pale and stunningly clear it was. I actually coaxed quite a head out of it with a rough pour. The head was loosly knit and gastly pale. It was also soon gone. The color of the beer is a light, light gold.

The smell was not impressive, corny? i dont know. No detectable hops.

The taste and the mouthfeel are almost non-existant. They are not offinsive, but they are nothing more.

drinkablity? I guess if i was damn thirsty, it was hotter then hell out, and somebody had just spit in my mouth, i might choose this beer over a glass of cold Iced T or water for the sole reason that the alcohol in the beverage would do a better job at killing all of the harmful bacteria from the foreign spit.

2.5/5  rDev +47.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I am going to give this beer a generous 2.5 across the board for the simple fact that it is what fueled my freshman year of college. It has very little taste at all and it is very cheap as well. My friends and I buy case after countless case of this stuff to satisfy are drinking needs when we are broke. I buy the good stuff when I can, but it is nice to know there is always a twelve of natty waiting for me.

2.68/5  rDev +58.6%

Natty light... welcome back to college! This is the worst cheap beer i have ever had, yet sometimes i have a hankering to remember my college days and buy a 12 pack. It's very light yellow, has a sticky sweet nose and a short lived white formy head. The taste is, how can i put it? Nasty?It could be so much better if they just put more FLAVOR in it. This is a beer for those who don't like beer, and it is understandable why people don't like beer when beers such as this exsist.

EDIT: I like the low carbs, and the fact that this beer was made not to be amazing, but to be a light straight forward brew. I enjoy it on hot summer days. I drink it on cold winter nights. This is a cheap light beer, nothing more, nothing less. I know many will not agree with me and that's fine, but I can work with this brew. It's not great, but it is what it is, and I like it for what it is.

2.54/5  rDev +50.3%

This is not a pleasant beer to consume, there will be no joy in Mudville tonight if this is all there is......This product as imported into Canada in a quart bottle pours out very light with minimum head that disapates to nothing....it actually appears to be water after sitting for 5 minutes.....the taste is very thin with a slight bitterness which actually gives it a slight bit of character.....

1.3/5  rDev -23.1%

Ah yes, Natty Light, the official beer of poor college students! I think that this is the greatest beer in the world... if you like water and want to look "cool" by holding a can of "beer". Granted, down in my home state of SC, they are keepin' it real by donateing a share of the dinero to the Ace Basin water conservation program, so that is kosher in my book, even though they don't get much money from me. Anyways, to the taste! It brings a line from one of my favorite poems/Iron Maiden songs, "Water, Water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!" That's right, it's water with some yellow stuff in it and some alcohol in it. If you really want something that bad, just strain rubbing alcohol through a dirty sock and get the same effect!

2.4/5  rDev +42%

One of the best session beer's I've ever had. I can drink this stuff all night yet it has a plain taste and color. It didn't taste bad because it didn't taste at all. It's like tasting water. What is there to taste?

1.8/5  rDev +6.5%

I usually don't drink this beer when im out for a night of heavy drinking but last night I grudgingly bought a 12 pack because you can't beat the price. Twelve pack done and the next morning was less hangover than gastro-intestinal hell. I wont go into details, but I will say that I took way more trips to the bathroom in the span of a morning than any human being should.

If its getting messed up you want, I'd take Bud Light or Keystone Light over this. They aren't much better but at least in my experience, not as hard on the belly.

My rating says it all. Watery appearance. No aroma or taste worth noting. Mouthfeel is just as watery as it looks. Got stuck with a bottle of this at a party hosted by people who have no clue about beer. I actually couldn't finish it which says volumes because I'm usually not one to turn down a freebie. I'm not sure if it's the worst beer I've ever had because it has lots of competition but its got to be close.

1.63/5  rDev -3.6%

Pours just barely yellow and ultra clear. I mean nearly as clear as pure water. It produced a soap bubble type head that is not impressive at all. The smell is grainy with a touch of sweet skunk...whatever that is. The head is gone now that I typed that...and I can type fast! Lots of bubbling action. A lemony wang at first taste and watered down something or another. Just not much there resembling beer. Light bodied...well actually extremely watery. Well, it's hard to say, but Cheers anyways!

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Natural Light pours a peaked straw from a stubby 12oz brown twist off cap bottle. Head goes about two fingers and stays around for a few seconds.

Nose is a sharp astringent and palate is of the same, sharp and bitter astringent along with the bight of carbonation. No detectable saccharides, just sharp and bitter astringent.

Its another hot and humid day with the temperature at ninety six degrees and this macro is hitting the spot. I really don’t think that this Beer was meant to be picked over. I get the impression that this Beer is meant to have its top popped and just thrown back for the pure enjoyment of its being a cold wet conservatively priced Beer.

1.92/5  rDev +13.6%

Next to the Beast, this is probably the ultimate frathouse beer, and hey, I saw Stone Cold Steve Austin drink one on tv not too far back. I decided to give it a try, knowing full well what I was getting into.

This beer is a very pale straw color, about the same as Bud Ice Light. I actually got a decent head on mine which lasted a minute before disappearing. It had a clean beer smell to it, even though it was a little sweet. This stuff had a very watery mouthfeel, and on the tip of the tongue it seemed almost sugary sweet. Elsewhere on the palatte, it had almost no taste. The taste it did have tasted almost of pure adjuncts with minimal malt. No hop presence whatsoever. As the beer warmed up, the aftertaste was dominated by a green apple taste. Not like Bud where you had to "search" for the green apple. I could almost swear there was no alcohol in this beer based on the taste. Goes down smooth, but the apple aftertaste might discourage some.

Anyway, this is the cheapest beer I've bought so far, at around $3.50 for six bottles. This beer solely exists for poor saps who want to get wasted, but it isn't too bad.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch