Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

View: Beers
Ratings: 2,197 |  Reviews: 568
1.2/5  rDev -29.8%

It's not easy to be worse than Natty Ice. But this beer has done it. The quality is bottom of the barrel. Clear light yellow with absolutly no head. The smell was non existant. The taste was very much like rice and a bit of a ginger ale taste. I couldn't finish the whole thing. Nasty stuff.

1.78/5  rDev +4.1%

Pours a standard Macrobrew yellow, a bit darker than most lights.

Smell is sweet with some grain smells.

Taste is not much, a little sweet, and that is about all.

Mouthfeel is water.

Drinkable, there is nothing offensive or endearing about this brew at all.

1.8/5  rDev +5.3%

The "new" Natural Light (2/23/04): Nothing like re-reviewing the "Natty". This is the new version, the one with lower carbs, etc. Pours out slightly darker than the original version. Aroma is still that of cooked veggies and cereal. The taste is nearly non-existent, but is actually less metallic tasting than it used to taste, and although incredibly watery, its not offensive, because there isn't enough flavor pro or con to be offensive. Remarkably light, and made the Bell's Two-Hearted that followed seem like the most powerful beer ever.

Original Review (3/27/02): The absolutely lightest beer I have ever drank. Nearly see through in presentation in the glass after being poured. I couldn't find much flavor-wise other than a very, very, slight bitterness on the finish and I do mean slight. I actually poured out what was remaining as I just tasted bitter water and well, the Vernor's Ginger Ale in the refrigerator was calling me. Frat boy beer bonging beer at best.

1.8/5  rDev +5.3%

Natural light pours a straw yellow with no little to no head. The smell is downright potent, I can't tell what it is but it smells like rotten steak. The taste is what you would expect, very little, watery with a few hops present. In your mouth in has no pizazz, tastes like water. The only reason to buy this beer is for a cheap buzz and a weekend camping trip. You can pick up a case for 9 bucks so you can see why it is still around. This is a college man's beer, great for drinking games!

1.72/5  rDev +0.6%

Very unimpresive yellow with minimal head. Smell is equally unimpressive. When ice cold, this beer is easy to drink. The idea with this beer is to drink it fast, because it is hard to take down as it warms. The only reason to drink this disgreace of a beer is to get a cheap buzz.

2.94/5  rDev +71.9%

Not a bad beer at all if your looking for an inexpensive, refreshing, macro. The color and head retension leave something to be desired. But where I live the closest place to buy beer is 15 miles away and very expensive. So I often turn this direction to save money for a more desireable micro or import.

It is going to be hard to come up with ways to expound upon "Worst. Beer. Ever." when attempting to describe this brine, because I think that about says it all. Calling this beer watery is an insult to water. Light fizzy gold color with a weak white head. You'll find as much lacing with this beer as you would with a pair of Velcro sneakers. Aroma of mineral water. Weak, borderline insulting flavor and no finish at all. Why anyone would try to explain the virtue of being able to buy 30 cans of this to get hammered for a low price is beyond me. Spend a dollar more and get a beer with a bit of flavor that actually has some alcohol in it if that is your game. There is simply no reason for this to exist.

1.23/5  rDev -28.1%

Drank this straight from the can I was given (no i didn't buy it). Tastes metallic and grainy. Doesn't do a lot for the tastebuds. The carbonation is more overpowering than the flavor. It's just swill anyway, another I would say "don't buy" to.

Why is there no rating below 1.0? This beer is the stuff fratboy's vomit is made of. This beer is quite pungent with a odor like no other. It smells sort of like a dumpster at a very popular bar. I cant believe people actually drink this crap. After a glass full I cant take anymore. Color is like any other cheap domestic beer; golden and clear. I feel sick now and dont think I need to continue this review any further. My opinion is that this brew is un-drinkable. Pour it down the drain and save yourself from a horrible experience.

1.37/5  rDev -19.9%

This is quite possibly the worst beer I have ever tried to drink. I think it is the second beer in my life that I poured down the drain because I couldn't gag it down. The experience is a loser from first pouring this pale yellow, almost headless. I found little smell so that makes the smell rate a little higher than any other category. The taste was terrible. This didn't even taste like beer. It tasted like what you would get if you poured beer through a dirty beer rag and then rung it out in your glass. I didn't keep it in my mouth long enough to determine if it even had a mouthfeel. It was undrinkable. This was my college student daughter's attempt to bond with me by bringing me home what they drink at the frat parties. Please dear, no more favors of this kind. Hopefully, she'll never read this review.

1.3/5  rDev -24%

On tap at the last keg party i went to. Palest of yellows Natural light looks as if someone took half a pint of beer and half a pint of water and mixed them together. The smell was that of corn and slight metallic hints. It tastes thin and crisp but almost no flavor, totally bland, ugh. Never again.

1.82/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Reviewed from an 18 pack of 12oz cans on ice in the Joshua Tree National Park.

When you're going out to the desert, even in the fall, a man needs a beer that isn't going to kill him. Partially out of nostalgia and mostly out of failure to find any PBR (damn hipsters) I rounded up some can of Natty.

The beer is faintly colorful with a nose dominated with a green apple CO2 bite. As time passes and the CO2 evolves out of the glass, a thin grainy nose begins to take hold.

Flavorwise, so very little happens in the beer it's only the carbonation that lets you know you're drinking a beer. Vaguely cornish and grainy with no body and a finish completely provided for by the agressive CO2.

Finish is non-existant with nary a palate memory left.

1.77/5  rDev +3.5%

I almost feel like I can't review this one. There's nothing there to review. The head vanished in seconds, the color is the absolute most transparent I've ever seen in a beer, and there's almost no taste to it. This beer isn't just watery, it IS water.

Ok. Maybe there's a dash of sugar in there too, but not a whole lot. On the other hand, I've had so many truly disgusting brews lately, that sipping something with no taste whatsoever seems a blessing in comparison.

Another lousy light beer. Nothing else to say.

1.68/5  rDev -1.8%

Natty light drank this at a family outing. This is one hell of a light beer I must have had 20 cans without even noticing. Its piss yellow color and flavor to match went down easy without getting bloted.not much head or carbonation for that matter. this is one ice cold can drinker beer!

2.2/5  rDev +28.7%

The preferred choice of the Sigma chapter of Delta Kappa Epsilon, typical selection of a funny little school in the Pioneer Valley, and sponsor of numerous Northeast pong invitationals, the light that this beer exudes is illuminating, inspiring, and transcendent. I can hear the sound of ping pong balls bouncing, rugby boys cheering, and most girls shivering in disgust at the sweet nectar of the most natural of all lights. Though most often served cold, chillingly so, best results for quantifiably high and speedily fast consumption was to be found with in the room temperature, less than 24 hour-old, battered keg version.

It appeared like urinary matter, smelled like the room it was served in, tasted like hopefully nothing if you drank it fast enough, felt like a cold bubbly stomach and gastro-intestinal problem, but it drank well if you didn't know any better, and was too busy getting down to try to.

Sixth category: Memories - grand salad days but never again.

1.73/5  rDev +1.2%

Natty Light. Surprisingly, in the area I'm from, Natty is around but plays second fiddle to Beast. I think its because Natty is more watery than beast, and most likely the people who buy Natty are buying it to get drunk and not for its taste. Honestly, the only time I've ever poured this beer was into little plastic cups for drinking games. But as I recall it pours a pale golden yellow with no head and decent carbonation. It smells of corn, rice, and filler. It has a faint bitter/skunk taste, not from hops. This isn't because I got a skunk case--it's part of the beer's flavor. Honestly, its very watered down which makes it easy to drink, but the taste just isn't there so its difficult to enjoy. If you graduate college and still purcahse this, you had either be making payments on a ferrari and consequently have no $ for beer, or living with your parents and still looking for one of them things they call jobs. But, it serves its purpose and there are worse things out there.

1.53/5  rDev -10.5%

This brew had a mild to no aroma. A light yellow pour with next to no head. Some lacing as the glass is tilted. Tastes like a Budweiser to me. That's probably an insult, but so is the beer. No wonder I once thought all American beer was bad. After it warms, the aroma becomes even more noxious. But, as a faithful BA, I must sample ALL beers. Can I have another Sinebrychoff Porter please? I have to wash this swill down!

This beer, when poured into my glass, had a large white frothy head with small bubbles that fully diminished. There was some lacing with this beer and very little carbonation was observed. There was very little flavor and the mouthfeel was light and watery.

1.46/5  rDev -14.6%

In something of a challenge from an old college friend, I had a couple of these this past weekend.

Pours pale yellow, thin white head that disappears pretty quickly. I drank this first one out of a glass just to review it and then switched to a from-the-can approach. Aromas were faint but sloppy -- kind of metallic and actively annoying. Taste is almost non-existant when the beer is ice cold. Very faint malt flavors and no real finish to speak of.

Anyhow, witness exhibit A in the prosecution of macro pale lagers as "piss." I haven't consumed piss to my knowledge -- but if ever there were a beer that ressembled urine in appearance, this must be it. It's drinkable for sure, but there are a couple things you have to think about: (1) Why bother? and (2) Drink it before it gets warm, because it'll be brutal on your senses otherwise.

1.78/5  rDev +4.1%

I was at a wedding reception and this is all that they had on tap. I never had it so I thought I would give it a try. I was not impressed. It poured a bright yellow gold color, with a head that was gone with the blink of an eye. there was much carbonation however, it looked like ginger ale. It tasted like seltzer water. I really could not taste much flavor at all. I would be able to drink many of these because it was like water. However, I would not want to.

1.43/5  rDev -16.4%

Absolutely awful! Very light appearance and a skunky smell. This beer tastes very watered down and just won't go down for me. I have never been able to drink more then 2 and I don't think I ever will be able to. Out of all the low end beers, this one takes the taco.

Hey, another AB product that is terrible. Allow me a moment to act surprised. This is another bad beer. Poured from the can a pale yellow/brown colour. Dirty toilet water? Mutated dog saliva? I don't know. Smelled weak. What was detected was, of course, corn. Tasted, at best, tolerable. No malts, no hops, little corn, lotta chemicals, but nothing that will make you vomit terribly. Carbonated mouthfeel. Little watery. Definitely a macro light beer. Sure, you can pound back a few of these, but why? Switch to something more enjoyable or don't drink at all.

1.5/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Natty Light is not the greatest beer in the world, but it gets the job done, and thats all that matters. Sure it doesn't go down as smooth as others, but to be quite honest I prefer it over other beers like Bud Light. Its not as bad as everyone says. Natty Light is the poorman's drink, and that's the bottom line.

1.1/5  rDev -35.7%

What can I say? This is Natty, and it is not a beer drinker's beer. This is a beer for College students and homeless alcoholics. Very, VERY watery taste, not worth drinking unless you get it for free. Do yourself a favor and don't pour it into a glass. It will probably scare you away from it.

Where to begin. I cant think. My buddy claimed that this is the most drinkable beer on the planet. I avoid this one like the plague. As for the shitty lights, this one is on the extreme end of the spectrum, bordering not even worth drinking for a buzz. My advice to anyone who is drinking beer just to feel good, stick with your bud heavy. If you gotta go light, keystone maybe?? shit they all suck

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch