Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Reviews: 533 | Ratings: 2,067
3.8/5  rDev +107.7%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

3.79/5  rDev +107.1%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer

3.78/5  rDev +106.6%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

3.7/5  rDev +102.2%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

3.56/5  rDev +94.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

An affordable beer with a light refreshing taste at the end of that nice gulp. It is frowned upon by many people I know BUT most of them have never even tried it, go figure! This beer to me is refreshing after a long day. You can drink many and not get too wasted. This is a nice beer to enjoy. Go drink one with a open mind.

3.55/5  rDev +94%

As a beer connoisseur, I can say that If you're looking for the biggest bang for your buck, Natty light is definitely the way to go. If you're a starving college student like myself, you learn to appreciate it. Not the best, but I've had worse. Very drinkable! Perfect for beer pong

3.5/5  rDev +91.3%

Best of the light beers so I will rate it as such. My reasoning for why I say best of the light beers: They are all awful so this one doesn't even try to be a beer-it's easy to drink and it's cheap. So in this context I really don't understand the low ratings.

Best bang for your buck if you are on a tight budget.

3.47/5  rDev +89.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

As im sure most impartial beer lovers on here know, the average BA user rates with a "All Beer created equal" stand point. However this is simply not true. This is a light American style lager, that means that there are not going to be complex flavors, citrus after taste or anything of its liking. Its not the style of American light beer.

That being said, rating this beer against other American lights- it is fine. Incredibly refreshing, goes down similar to water (which is what its made to do) and has the perfect amount of hops and "beer flavor" for its average consumer. Look and smell are both bad. This is a session beer. This is a -have 6-8 a night- beer. Would defiantly not turn this beer down at a party or at family/friends house. Probably would not buy or order at a bar, but it is a mediocre light beer.

3.4/5  rDev +85.8%

My first beer review.

I like to try every beer i can snag. Natural Light is the kind of beer that goes good one any occasion.

This beer this decent and very drinkable. It goes down good. It's cheap to buy and worth it. first time i drank this, month ago, was on a hot summer day playing bean bags.

The appearance is a simple yellowish color. Its very light and has little taste to it. Drinkable is great because i can drink this all day and dont get sick of it.

3.4/5  rDev +85.8%

Poured an ice-cold freshly brewed can into an 11oz glass 'borrowed' from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery tour hospitality room. Yellow, orange, golden egg color, very pale. (The exact same colors on a box of Camel Lights, if that helps). (Seriously, compare.) Large bubbles cover the sides. In general, it looks okay to me.

A hint of that Budweiser smell. Lightly sweet but more sour than Bud.

Average taste; nothing describable, but nothing unpleasant either. Slightly sour after taste that I quickly learned to enjoy.

Mouthfeel is a little too bubbly at first, but the carbonation disappears after a couple minutes. Mostly just feels cold and wet.

I find this beer extremely drinkable.

Notes: This review is probably a little biased from a financial standpoint. When I can I'll $10 or $12 for a six-pack, and my expectations are of course much higher. Had I paid say, $8.99 for a 12 pack of Natty Light, I might have been disappointed. Had I paid $6.99 for 12 I might have wanted a dollar back. But this beer cost me $4.99 for a pack brewed less than 10 days ago, and it lived up to, even exceeded my expectations. It's basically like drinking the 5 cent can of Wal-mart cola versus the real thing.

I think that one of the categories for rating beer should be "value".

I have no complaints. Although I'm not sure what exactly is "Natural" about this beer. It scores a 5 on the value scale.

3.38/5  rDev +84.7%

i believe many folk don't like this brew even before they taste it! if this beer cost more than bud light it would be the more popular beer without a doubt! this is the first light beer...which is brewed by A-B. how much time and $ do you think A-B put into this product before releasing it?? with the bottomless pockets of the number 1 brewery in the world you should know that they are going to do their research and put put out the best product they can! don't be fooled by the low cost! when it comes to light beers A-B knew what they where doing bringing this out...long before bud light or select. enjoy a cold natural light and be happy you saved a few of your hard earned $.

3.35/5  rDev +83.1%

Very pale yellow beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma is fresh and light as is the taste.A good fit for the light lager category.Refreshing and smooth as water.The perfect fit to a summertime party.I always have and always will drink this.An AB classic.

3.35/5  rDev +83.1%

A: nothing great here, pale yellow, decent carbonation.

S: a little bitter and plain, corny

T: honestly it surprised me that this adjunct lager could even moderately hold up to the title of pilsner

M: Thin and carbonated, like a diet soda.

D: hell, its college beer, its impossible to imagine anything easier to pound down

3.35/5  rDev +83.1%

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a half-liter beer glass.

Appearance: Pours with a very active, fizzy head. Perfect pour into the glass creates a nearly four-finger head which balloons just over the top of the glass. Beer is straw-colored, perhaps just a degree lighter in color than its contemporaries. Very light carbonation visible in the glass.

Smell: Not bad at all. Slightly sweet, grassy or earthy aroma. Almost no malt presence and very light on the hops. A hint of lemon-type flavor to the nose. Mostly unobtrusive, but better than average, I suppose.

Taste: Perfectly average. Hops are a touch more pronounced here, but not by much. This is a very plain drinker...which, in a way, is a good thing. At least no flavor means it doesn't taste *bad*.

Mouthfeel: Light, as the name suggests. Not very crisp, unless served at or near freezing. Goes down smoothly leaving room for something else to entice the palate.

Drinkability: Good. You could easily drink several of these at a cold temperature (low ABV and light flavor). Good beer for a barbecue or other type of dinner.

I like Natty Light. It's not a great beer, but you get what you pay for, which is momentary refreshment, so I can't complain.

3.25/5  rDev +77.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A low end cheap beer that I have a long history with. I drink Natty Light when the times call for drinking a lot of beer. It will never be confused with any craft beers but, it is a thirst quencher and is great for fishing, yard work or whatever else puts you out in the sun.

3.25/5  rDev +77.6%

A- Golden, yellow. The beer started with a fairly frothy head, but it died to about a pinky nail in width. I noticed legs on the side of the glass, but they fell fast. No lacing obviously. But this looks just like any other light style lager.

S- Smells just like Busch or Bud Light. It has that Anheuser-Busch adjunct, cooked veggie thing going on. Sweet and grainy too. But it does smell light and refreshing if that makes sense. Stereotypical beer smell overall is what I'm getting.

T- Corn and grains. There is a sweetness that I notice before the beer finishes. The finish is extremely dry. There might be a touch of a malt and an ever so slight bitter finish. But again it's the sterotypical beer taste. Nothing offputting, but it's not foul in anyway.

M- Light and watery, but very crisp, clean, and refreshing. The stuff drinks like water.

Overall this is a fine beer. It's not mind-blowing or life-changing. It's not meant to be any of those things. It's meant to be a cheap beer at a cheap price. And this a great beer to choose if you are short on cash.

3.2/5  rDev +74.9%

I poured into a pint glass to two inches of white fluffy head. It is pale yellow and very clear. It smells sweet like all BMC's. There is hardly any taste. I get a slight bite from the carbonation. It is watery. Thanks to my buddy for leaving twenty of these in my fridge because I would have never bought this swill. It does go down like water though.

Cheers!

3.2/5  rDev +74.9%

When reviewed within the style this beer is fairly average. The only thing is, it is a little cheaper. I bought a sixer of this tonight for no other reason than I had a driver and this was the only thing in 16oz cans. I was wanting to get a little more than a standard six and this met that requirment. Pretty typical for the style. A camping session beer for sure.

3.2/5  rDev +74.9%

Tasty Water. For a person who needs to drink more water, check this beer out. It's alcoholic water, but damn it's tasty and super fizzy. It's a very weak beer and serves it's purpose. It's for pounding back on those University pub pre-game nights and for cutting the grass out back. 12 cans is about 7 bucks US last I checked. A deal for sure and they're great for sessions I must add. It's not super boozy but alcoholic enough to give you what you want in a session. Cheers to Natural Light!

3.18/5  rDev +73.8%

I've had so many of these over the course of my college career that I eventually got to the point where I couldn't taste it anymore. It is a beginner's beer. It helps you adjust to having alcohol in your mouth and primes the tastebuds for a lifetime of better beers. If you're into drink a lot, this fits the bill. If you're into drinking for enjoyment, you'd be better off finding something a bit more, uh, mature.

I can't deny where I came from, but I sure am glad I've "graduated" on to more diverse beers.

3.18/5  rDev +73.8%

I only buy this when its on sale, and around here it gose on sale quite ofton. i normaly do not drink light beer as have to drink twice as mutch to get the job done. but when working on my mod it is a good beer to have without getting fully hammerd.

it looks like a typical AB light beer and taste like a typical AB light beer. this was the go-to beer for my alcohalic dad who would drink 3 cases of light beer a day. it smells allright and is not unpleasent or pleasent.

3.17/5  rDev +73.2%

look my friends here at Beer Adv….its Natural Light….used to steal this by the case at local store…..its poundable, cheap(if you paid for it) …no hoppy; "why the hell am I drinking this over flowered beer" feel to it….simple, to the point libation…a favorite among my homeless friends and college dropouts. More to the point, I like our nice house, vehicles, toys and bills paid I'm at the age where beer snobbiness is no longer an issue……still prefer Extra Gold though… on a side note: this is labeled as a pilsner not lager….anywho?

3.17/5  rDev +73.2%

I bought a six pack of 16oz cans when I was starved on cash. Cost right around $4. Not a bad beer for the price and will get you a buzz. Around beer #3 my stomach began to rumble. As I opened beer #5 I got hardcore diarrhea and barely made it to the toilet.

You get what you pay for!

3.16/5  rDev +72.7%

Natural Light has a very thick, white head and a clear, pale straw appearance, with a good amount of carbonation and a little bit of lacing left behind. The aroma is faint, sweet, and even eggy (but that aspect dissipated with the head). Taste is mild, bready, sweet, and it also has just the smallest amount of hop bite at the end. Mouth-feel is light and watery, and Natural Light finishes crisp, easy drinking, and refreshing. Overall, for light beer, it's alright.

RJT

3.15/5  rDev +72.1%

A - decent looking can, familiar AB logo.

S - not much smell really

T - It's definitely a cheap, light, American beer. Not what I would reach for in a brew pub, but in a cooler on ice while watching the race, not a horrible taste for the low price. Reminds me of being a kid with an absentee budget again.

M - Actually a little dirty, like drinking from the hose with some carbonation in there. A beer like this should not be allowed to linger in a glass or a can though. It's for drinking. Sort of like box wine or generic pretzels. As long as it's not stale, it will get the job done.

O - Not pouring it down the drain, It can get there when I'm done with it. It's decent to drink when you're trying to pinch pennies.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch