Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Ratings: 2,103 |  Reviews: 540

Brings back amazing memories of college

4.95/5  rDev +170.5%

well first off, let me start by saying that I'm in a frat that makes me automatically qualified to be an expert on beer. I like to get fucked up. Period. Ive been drinking since I've been thirteen, and I'm fucked up right now. good beer

4.75/5  rDev +159.6%

4.74/5  rDev +159%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Great tasting inexpensive beer by Anheuser-Busch. Also low in carbs. Carbs are only 3.2 compared to Bud Light with 6.6 And the alcohol content is the same for both at 4.2. Good choice for beer drinkers who are diabetic. Can't tell the difference in Natural Light, Miller Light or Mich Ultra.

4.68/5  rDev +155.7%

My theory is that you should judge a beer based on what it sets out to be.

Natty Light sets out to be the cheapest swill possible that will get you drunk (eventually) and not taste awful. Why not judge it amongst peers?

Do I enjoy good beer? Absolutely. I'm also in college and I enjoy getting drunk in social events. Also, I am in college and therefore I am poor.

Appearance - clear/straw yellow, see-through. Not the point of this beer. 3.

Smell - it barely smells. Perfectly fine for what the beer wants to be. 5.

Taste - excellent; as close to nothing as possible. No nasty aftertaste like many other bottom of the barrel light beers. 5.

Mouthfeel - a little watery. I still like a bit of mouthfeel in my cheap beer.

OVERALL: A

Frankly, there's no reason to buy crap like Bud Lite over Natty Light, and people who insist otherwise (stupid college kids) just want attention.

4.64/5  rDev +153.6%

When you originate from a country where most beer costs $35 a case (Australia), you can appreciate a drink that can (attempt to) hit the spot (somewhat) and leaves you with extra bucks in your pocket. Natural Light accepts the challenge. When drinking crap beers, I have to believe that no taste at all is better than a shit taste? This brew delivers! When you employ the one in, one out, rotation from the freezer, it can't be beat! I have drunk many of your shitter brands and declare this one to be the gold medal winner at the Special Olympics of beer! True enough, it's competitors harbor some serious disabilities, but "Natty" shines through.
Only 95 calories, for the healthy minded. (I heard Micheal Jordan endorses this beer!) All that said, my hats off to you Natty Light! Despite the fact you had horrible parents (Anheuser/Busch), you rose above your upbringing and delivered dirt cheap, drinkable beer to those who needed it most...all of us!
P.S. Any of you who label it a "Just getting Wasted" beer, should be ashamed of yourselves at 4.2%...unless of course you're venturing into 15+ can territory?!
Take it easy boys and girls!

4.62/5  rDev +152.5%

Natural Light Made and brewed by Anheuser Busch. This light beer has an ABV of 4.20%. Brewed from the year 1977 till now. Natural Light pours out a light amber color with a nice white head. The smell is bitter sweet. You pick up on malts and grains in the smell of this brew. The taste is light with some brew taste. You pick up on light grins am=nd malts in the taste of this brew. This brew has an ok balance to it , for being a light brew. There is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel is light smooth and clean. There is nothing bad about this brew, it has a nice balance to it. Overall I'm giving this brew a 5 out of 5. This is a good cheap priced light beer. I like this beer ,why pay more for light beer when you got Natural Light. When I low on cash I go for good old Natty. I Would buy this brew again.

4.6/5  rDev +151.4%

4.57/5  rDev +149.7%

Absolutely love it!!! My 1st choice when it comes to buying beer. Its cheap and for someone who drinks it like I do, thats a good thing. It's very good when its very cold but I could really care less. Not many people "bum" beer off of me because most folks dont drink it

4.55/5  rDev +148.6%

This is the best thing i have tasted. Ever!!! If god was to pee this is what it would taste like.

4.5/5  rDev +145.9%

This, along with keystone light are my go to beers. Being unemployed at the moment, I have resigned myself to drinking beer.. being that I start at about 10 am, and pace myself through the day, natural light is a GREAT beer to do it with. I can slowly drink through the day, and not get drunk, but enjoy the great taste of the beer itself. I don't buy it that often, because my store stocks keystone and natty light both in 30 pk form for $11.99 each, and given my choice I'd rather buy keystone, but have no problems buying natty when keystone is not available. IMHO, this is a great light beer, and like one other review said, if you have to go light, why not do it on the cheap??
Scott

4.28/5  rDev +133.9%

4.25/5  rDev +132.2%

4.25/5  rDev +132.2%

4.2/5  rDev +129.5%

This was a beer that I used to drink very frequently in college. When my friends and I sampled the whole assortment of cheap beers, this was the one we settled in with as our most purchased variety. It was the most tolerable, easiest to drink cheap without "bad beer face",and produced the least amount of hangover effects. I have on occassions tried this beer over the 20 years since college and still find this beer in particular to be one of the easiest cheap beer to drink without any bad taste. I've tried Pabst a few times and struggle to finish them because it actually tastes "bad" flavor. Sure Natural Light lacks any strong flavors compared to a high-end IPA, Porter, Imperial Stout etc... but compared to its equivalent price-marked competitors its one of the best choices you can make.

4.2/5  rDev +129.5%

This beer isn't meant to compete with any of the top stuff here.... it's just a cheap, light beer that you can throw in a cooler and have on a hot day before the game or when you're grilling - and for that it's perfect. I always have a few in my fridge when I'm looking for something light. Brings back memories too :)

4.16/5  rDev +127.3%

Poured from a can into a Solo cup 3/4 filled.

Head-Fizzy and somewhat mutinous head that quickly disappeared like bobcat into its den. Sorry for you if you are unlucky enough to have to taste the head.

Color- A Beautiful golden yellow resembling that of wild goat urine. Maybe even some honeysuckle color. Fortunatley it does not stain a white shirt, whcih is exactly where it ended up later.

Taste- Once I removed the ping pong ball that was slammed into the solo by my opponet I quickly chugged it, relishing in only the last swallow. Light and watery, bits of dust and chair greese, along with oil from my opponets hands laced the solo as it emptied into my mouth and shirt. Bitter defeat filled my mouth as a drank the last millimeters

Afershock- This is not a beer to rate...this is a beer to chug in a game of flip-cup, beer-pong or Nemo. The taste can either be of victory or defeat. nevertheless....I love this beer, it broke my delicate beer cherry and introduced me to beer by starting off slow. taste= could be better---memories=few left

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch