Natural Light | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Ratings: 2,111 |  Reviews: 541

I'm surprised at the number of bad reviews of this beer. Maybe it's because they all were of the canned variety. To me, any canned beer is far inferior to bottled -- unless somehow it was brewed to be enhanced by metallic taste.

But about this beer. It has flavor, decent balance of effervescence and body, and quite a bit of real beer substance, considering it's a light beer. I'm new to light beers, I admit, but I think I've found a decent brew here in Natural Light.

3.95/5  rDev +115.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

Poured out of an ice cold 24oz can into a glass mug. First time tasting it.

A- Clear pale yellow color. Lots of small bubbles streaming up. Two finger head that fizzles away to a ring of light foam. Looks good.

S- Light corn smell, biscuits, a little bit of malts. Clean water.

T- Very light corn taste up front with lots of carbonation. After swallowing, it has some malt notes and a tinge of grassy hop bitterness. Very clean watery taste.

M- Crisp, watery, light, high level of prickly carbonation, fresh.

Drinkability- Goes down extremely easy and smooth.

O- Overall, this is a very refreshing beer. Not offensive. It's perfect on a hot day or when feeling thirsty for a great light beer.

3.92/5  rDev +114.2%

3.86/5  rDev +110.9%

Good old Natty light, this beer is a great beer and deserves the respect of many. This is a great beer for college parties and getting very drunk, because it is very cheap and it tastes great. In my opinion this beer tastes better than most domestic beers and if bars would put this on tap, I would gladly get it everytime.

3.81/5  rDev +108.2%

Throw few thousand pet food bags a night, stop by the store get a couple 25's slam em, wake up do it all again. The way this beer is supposed to be enjoyed!

3.8/5  rDev +107.7%

3.8/5  rDev +107.7%

Well my family drinking started drinking this as their regular out of nowhere. Never liked it much for the heartburn factor but as time goes on the body changes, as so does my taste. Also as the economy falls so does my paycheck so all in all natty is alright in my book.

Your typical light beer... Pale yellow color, highly carbonated and quenches ones thirst like water ( for the most part) and doesn't offend the wife when it comes to the bank account.

When you're looking for a beer to get your drunk on and enjoy yourself this is the one. Plus it helps to secure this figure i worked so hard for. HA.

Take it as it is natty kicks some ars for a cheap fix.

3.79/5  rDev +107.1%

Crisp, clean, refreshing with outstanding drinkability. Great while working on a hot day or cutting through greasy foods. This is the beer I drink instead of soda. This beer is NOT being reviewed with its "style in mind". It's being rated like it was competing against a IPA. Think of it as a beer flavored seltzer water. I drink beer every day with IPAs being my favorite category, I enjoy this beer because sometimes I want a LIGHT beer. Light on calories, taste, smell, and cost. Thank you Natural/Busch Light(I think they are the same?).

P.S. If you are looking for the head on this beer or even pouring it in a glass you missed the style of this type of beer

3.78/5  rDev +106.6%

My parent's have been drinking this beer for as long as I can remember, so it's kind of what I got started on.

Maybe I'm biased, but I really don't mind drinking this! I don't usually pour it out into a glass, so the appearance isn't really an issue for me. Smell is I guess just the smell of cheap beer, hard to deduce what's actually in it. Taste and feel for this beer is pretty good for me, not my favorite but nothing that turns me off from drinking Natty. Drinkability, on the other hand, is where this beer shines. 12, nay, 15+ cans into the night it's still appealing (sorta).

I don't drink this beer all the time, but I wouldn't mind. Maybe I'm not a beer connoisseur, but Natty will always have a place in my fridge - and in my heart.

3.76/5  rDev +105.5%

Drank this the other day. Just a run of the mill cheap light beer. Thats all. It isn't bad nor good.

3.76/5  rDev +105.5%

Love this beer, it gets addictive....

3.75/5  rDev +104.9%

Go to beer when your on a budget

3.7/5  rDev +102.2%

This is one of my favorite session beers. It's inexpensive and easy to drink.

It pours a pale yellow with lots of carbonation.

Goes down extremely easily as long as its cold.

Taste like a cheap light beer should taste. Cheap and Light. Perfect for stock piling the cooler when camping or fishing in the summer.
Beware: You are certainly not going to impress anyone with Natty.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch