Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Missouri, United States | website

Style: Light Lager

Added by kbub6f on 09-15-2001

Reviews: 532 | Ratings: 2,058

Everything about this beer says budget budget budget. It smells like molded water, taste like molded water, and does not give you a buzz. Obviously brewed with corn or other fillers

A - Light as can be

S - As mentioned before, like molded water, the smell is quite awful

T - Almost as if you are drinking salted water

M - No body or texture

O - I do not suggest drinking this beer, it can not be healthy

Review from notes

This is downright one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had in my life. Nearly as bad as Blue Moon (see review for that one). I can drink a BMC beer, no problem. But Natty Light has an off taste of strong metallicness and a bit of sour vegetable or something weird in the finish. Bland to start, bad to finish. I'm glad I didn't attend many college parties.

Quite possibly the worst beer in the entire world. Natural Light shows what mindless marketing can convince people of buying. Natural Light is a beer people buy not for the experience of beer, but for getting drunk. It is made to be light so that you can consume more it it; not so that a creative beer can be enjoyed. Its lackluster performance is due to its lack of concern to even take any risks. It is Great Value cereal grains, yeast, and if it has hops, I can't taste it.

I tried this beer because I have a bunch of friends who had it laying around. NEVER AGAIN!

My rating says it all. Watery appearance. No aroma or taste worth noting. Mouthfeel is just as watery as it looks. Got stuck with a bottle of this at a party hosted by people who have no clue about beer. I actually couldn't finish it which says volumes because I'm usually not one to turn down a freebie. I'm not sure if it's the worst beer I've ever had because it has lots of competition but its got to be close.

Has to be up there as one of the lowest rank beers.

appearance: basically clear, even more clear than others

smell: slight hops to almost zero smell

taste: Little to none, basically just a clear refresher. NO taste....

mouthfeel: watery adn very high carbonation

drinkability: very easy. only good for long hot days.

Pours a very pale yellow color with a fizzy white head that immediately fades. No lacing.

Funky(not in a good way) aroma with lots of grain and an odd metallic presence. Lots of corn and stale hops along with very faint malt.

Flavor is identical to the aroma. Very thin and watered down with an odd metallic flavor along with sweet, grainy corn, stale hops and pale malt. Very unpleasant and even though it is very light and watery, I'm still having a hard time choking it down.

This beer is absolutely awful and doesn't have one positive quality. One of the worst beers I've ever had.

WORST BEER I have ever tried in my life! Worse than Corona, BudMillerCoors, and most adjunct beers IMO.

A: Two second head. if you drink this you probably don't know what lacing is.

S: Aluminum.

T: The taste of the aluminum can dominates any beer flavors present. Malt and hop flavors never made it in to the party. Besides aluminum, there are some corn and rice adjunct flavors in there.

M: Carbonated water

D: About the same as carbonated water. I don't think that counts.

The high point of this beer is its alcohol content. I remember being disappointed when I got this for free at frat parties in my early college years. I'm not sure this deserves to be called beer. I've tasted NA beers that were better than this.

This is the worst beer in the world. It is to beer what the antichrist is to Catholicism. It's like a parody of beer, "brewed" by people who secretly hate beer and want people who drink their product to learn to hate it as quickly as possible. When good beers go to bed at night, they dream of this shi!e lurking under their beds.

I was introduced to this years ago by a man who drank this exclusively. I now wonder whether he hated himself, or was just such a cheap alocholic that he was left with no other choice...

When you pour it into a glass- it looks like a well-hydrated person has taken a frothing piss- so it's probably better just to drink it from the can to save yourself from seeing its appearance.

It smells like... this actually gave me pause... It smells enough like beer to pass the test, but just because something smells like beer does not mean it's beer.

It's taste is its strongest suit. Do not mistake this for its best suit. It's best suit is that it is easily identifiable in can-form, so that it's easy enough to avoid. It's taste is like Miller Highlife filtered through a beaches storm drain and mixed with murky lake water. If I had to guess, it tastes like the water that pet turtles must swim in- Funky, with just a splash of artificial beer taste to make it taste SOMETHING like beer, but not quite. it gives me a queasy, sick, stomach-churning sense just thinking about it.

The mouthfeel is like water, except your mouth feels dirty afterwards- like it's polluted your mouth.

Overall this is the worst beer I can imagine. It's what I would force prisoners to drink to rehabilitated them from drunk driving. After being forced to drink this, most people would never want to touch ANY beer ever again.

AWFUL. This 'beer' just smells from moldly boiled rice and distilled alcohol. Pale yellowish color, no head no lacing. Makes me wonder why I am drinking this, and who would buy this. The flavor is mostly of the bitter moldy rice. AVOID!!! unless your aying beer pong

Even as a broke college student I avoided this sorry excuse for a beer like the plague. It baffles me how anyone could take a look at the finished product and think it's good to bring to market. Even as a beer pong beer it fails; especially when coors light is a better option.

Looks: Dull yellow, just on examination you can tell that you're in for a world of hurt.
Smell: mildly sweet with a small hint of rice. Not in a good way like a Japanese red ale, but like cheap, mass produced garbage.
Taste: At first it's pungent and nearly undrinkable. Then it becomes slightly dull and tastes of tea made from the contents of a lawnmower bag with a pack of sugar.
Mouth feel: every synapse in your brain fires off as you are overcome with a sense of agony. Your body wants to reject it, but you fight against yourself and take the gulp. By the end of the can you want to cry.

I would advise against this beer.

I drank this from a can.

This is piss colored, carbonated, light gold with a bad white head and no lacing.

It smells like skunky beer.

It tastes like skunky beer too. I drank this a lot back in the day when I didn't know any better, now its the worst thing imaginable.

It is going to be hard to come up with ways to expound upon "Worst. Beer. Ever." when attempting to describe this brine, because I think that about says it all. Calling this beer watery is an insult to water. Light fizzy gold color with a weak white head. You'll find as much lacing with this beer as you would with a pair of Velcro sneakers. Aroma of mineral water. Weak, borderline insulting flavor and no finish at all. Why anyone would try to explain the virtue of being able to buy 30 cans of this to get hammered for a low price is beyond me. Spend a dollar more and get a beer with a bit of flavor that actually has some alcohol in it if that is your game. There is simply no reason for this to exist.

I honestly do not understand the fascination w/ this absolute shitty beer. It seems it's almost always this @ college parties... IT SUCKS!!! Maybe it's because I don't flock to light beer like every single other spineless American, but there are so many other beers out there for the same price. If you're gonna go w/ cheap beer, get Pabst of Evil Eye or something. Don't torture yourself w/ awful light beers.

1.02/5  rDev -44%

I started drinking craft beers about 6 years ago. I'm 29 now. I used to drink Bud Light as a college student, but I would always avoid Natural Light. I can't drink anything from A-B these days. We actually keep this in stock at the hospital pharmacy I work at for alcoholics who have to have a beer each day during their stay. I pretty much have to apologize for handing this swill out.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

This is what hell tastes like.

Pale, watery, dirty yellow look to this. Could pass as urine easily.

Smells fortunately like nothing. Given what it could smell like, this is a plus.

Tastes like creamed corn, overcooked vegetables, and seltzer water. No hop character. No malt character. Just no character of any sort. A big 0.

Light bodied, sort of crisp mouthfeel, gets real nasty when it warms up.

You could waterboard me with this stuff and I'd probably enjoy it more than drinking it.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

Apparently the drink of choice at college parties in Northwestern Ohio. I've had the displeasure of partaking.

Pours the lightest of straw colors with absolutely no head. Smells of straight grain husk. Tastes not much better, as it adds in a bit of cardboard. Feel is way, way too carbonated, although it does the service of carrying away many of the flavors. Drinks quickly, only because I want it out of my mouth.

1.03/5  rDev -43.4%

Why Not, I have not reviewed it- I heard great things from this one from the STCWB. Poured this 22 ounce can into a pint glass. This Light Lager poured a pale yellow color, produced an ultra thin white head, and featured piss poor retention. The aroma consisted of cereal grain and cooked veggies. Light in body, a foundation of thin malted grain, and a small dose of hops. Bottom line....this is Barely Beer.

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

After reading some other reviews of this beer, I am still at a loss as to how it is described as 'tasteless'. Any time I have had the dubious pleasure of swilling this monstrosity, I've been struck by many things it lacks - color, body, any texture beyond that of seltzer - but taste is something it has. And what a taste it is:
Some drinks are described as astringent, as they make your mouth feel almost puckered. This does that - but not through any particular quality of the drink, but more becuase of the pure nasty of the taste. It is sour in a way entirely seperate from anything palatable, bitter in entirely unnatural ways, and even when poured into a glass retains a metallic tang that dominates the character of the beer. This is also the only beer I have ever encountered that tastes exactly the same no matter what state it or the taster is in - whether room-temperature or near-frozen, whether tasted while stone-cold sober or 3 sheets to the wind - the beer hearkens to the fermented sweat of Lucifer, hopped with only the finest brimstone and sulfur. Abandon hope, all ye who enter here.

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

Forgot how bad this beer was. Last time I had it was about 4 years ago in college. Pours a pale yellow with not much of a head. Looks like water with some pale ale mixed in. Smells like grain and...well nothing. Taste is bland, and nearly non-existent. Aftertaste is pretty awful though. I'm not sure this can be classified as beer, but I suppose it has to be since they check your ID when you buy it...

1.05/5  rDev -42.3%

Okay, apparently they decided they needed a "light" version of their already rancid beer. I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but this could possible be the worst tasting piss water in existence. I mean, thats what I thought it was. Then someone told me that I was drinking beer and I was like "HOLY SHIT?"

Seriously though, this is just as bad as Busch Light and Corona Light. They all reek of fermenting cereal grains and rat shit, and its actually a wonder why they taste like water and not sewage.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Wow. My grandmother drinks this. I was out of beer and she offered me one. I poured it into a pilsner glass. The head billows up but then as quickly as it came, it went leaving nothing but, well nothing. There was no lace to be had. The aroma was of corn and metal. Taste was corn and metal with some other chemical that is hard to place. Went down like water because that's what this is, it's water with yellow dye. Went right through me too, I was in the bathroom before long. I don't know how one could drink this beer because it certainly isn't beer, it's one of the last unexplained mysteries of the world. You could drink this all day and not get a buzz.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Can (like there's a difference). The appearance is it's best attribute; and it was unimpressive. The rest smells, tastes, and feels like (what I imagine to be) horse piss. Here's a tip: you're that hard up, go for Steel Reserve. Or better yet, quit drinking.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Yeah I think newcastleme said it for me. This beer has one purpose, to bring to an AA meeting and throw it in middle of the circle and see who wins. No don't do that, but that is all this beer is worth. I had this beer once for beer pong and when it started to get about room temperature; I almost threw up.

1.06/5  rDev -41.8%

Our neighbor, who turns down beer that's "beery beer," drinks this stuff when he's running out of money at the end of the month.

I couldn't actually see it, since it was in a can, so I don't know what the appearance is, so I gave it a 2 instead of a 1. If it were mindblowingly delicious, it would have an appearance of 5 with a vivacious straw-color and a luminescent transparency. Appearance doesn't mean squat anyway.

Tastes like metal, smells like metal, what more do you want?

1.08/5  rDev -40.7%

This is piss-poor stuff. Easily my most forgettable beer experience. Anecdote: some friends and I were filming a student film and needed a can as a prop. All we had was a handful of change, so we bought one 23 oz. can of Natty Light. It was a dry campus, so the can to be empty since we were filming outside. No one wanted to drink it before we got back to campus, so we dumped it out in the parking lot of the grocery store. THAT’S HOW BAD IT IS.

I don’t understand the "this beer does its job" comments. Yeah it’s cheap, but if what you want is to get drunk, you can get a lot more hooch on the dollar with cheap whiskey.

Natural Light from Anheuser-Busch