Bud Ice | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process takes the beer to a temperature below freezing, which leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process that gives Bud Ice its rich, smooth taste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-02-2001

Ratings: 1,123 |  Reviews: 278

4.55/5  rDev +117.7%

This is a true American lager.

Firstly, the appearance is magnificent. It's a clear bright yellow. One thing that a lot of drinkers do not seem to like is the fact that it does not leave a lot of foam. Personally, I think that's great; more drink, less air, I say.

The smell could be described as neutral as far as beers go, but you can definitely smell the hops.

The taste is unmatched. Although it taste similar to the other beers made by Busch, this is the best. It taste sweet, it's like there's a berry flavor after taste.

If you get it down to a cold temperature, as take a sip, it's wonderful; refreshing.

Overall, this is a high quality beer that for some reason gets a bad reputation. At 3 dollars for 64 ounces, how can you go wrong? It's a crisp clean tasting and looking beer.

And, in case you couldn't tell, this is my favorite beer.

4.5/5  rDev +115.3%

I had one of these fresh out of the freezer. put it in the freezer 30 minutes ago. Yeah its cheap obviously. If you can look past the price and not consider this to be trashy or whatever, this stuff is good. I will compare this on scale with other ice beers. Busch is maybe about the same as this, but this is stronger slightly. Busch Ice is some good stuff when you are wanting to crack open a brewski for cheap and relax. Its a nice golden color. One thing. Don't let this get remotely warm. Best way i can describe it is it tastes like beer. Bought an 18 pack of this on my quest to find the best ice beer. So far ive had Busch Natty and then this. Also Keystone. Keystone is gross. This is a Good solid American Lager. Its not offputting or meant for craft drinkers. Its just a cheap beer. Isn't bad. I find it refreshing after a long day of work. I have a beer periodically because its good for you.

4.4/5  rDev +110.5%

I'd say Bud Ice one of the best ice beers, if not the best. I have been drinking it for a long time, and unlike other beers, it never overstays its welcome.

It is about as filling as a regular Budweiser, and has a mild sweet taste, but not enough to ruin the beer flavor.

4.25/5  rDev +103.3%

4.1/5  rDev +96.2%

I actually really like this brew! It is cheap it does the job for sure and it doesn't taste like crap. If poured into glass it is golden in color with a nice smell of malts and a little hint of hops the taste is very nice mouth feel happens to be great! It feels between a Budweiser and natural ice but with a nice balance!

3.85/5  rDev +84.2%

This is my first post. The reason is because I'm the type of person who just reviews shit for the hell of it, all the time. Even cigarettes.

I realized.... 99% of you are BEER SNOBS! I mean, as in, "American adjunct... how trashy."

Really?

This beer is perfect for someone on my income.

When you go into a convenience store there's 4 layers of beer.

"High End" (That most of you rate horribly, such as Pale Ale, etc)
Then your "Mid Grade" Miller, Bud Heavy/Light, Platinum (Mmm, I love Platinum)
Then your "Low Grade" Miller High Life, Natty, Icehouse Edge, Malt Liquor.
Then your girly shit.

Okay - first off - I can get an 18pack of Cans for $10 in FL here of Bud Ice. With it's 5.5 ABV, the reason it's in the lower tier is because it's market audience are those like me who look at ABV content when buying.

18pack of Budweiser? Nearly double the price. Yet, Bud Ice? $10.

Let's go into the beer.

IT TASTE LIKE BEER.

Not only that - It's very smooth, not much of an aftertaste, if anything it's "Bland"

Yet, for me, THAT'S GOOD. Yes, you can tell you're drinking beer. Yet, this isn't Coca-Cola - You don't want a flavor you get burnt out on.

(Oh, and I've been to three Beer Festivals, WaZoo, largest in America in Tampa, FL, two months ago - over 2,500 beers... so don't think I'm just so Joe Schmoe, I enjoy my beer)

BUD ICE IS VERY UNDER-RATED.

Listen, It's got the AB logo. The fact it says BUD makes it stand out in a crowd... etc etc.

Bottom line is for the PRICE... I'd wager AB is losing profits on Bud Ice because of the price.

It's basically Bud Heavy cut thinner; as we all know.

So don't be a snob, don't go spend $12 for a six-pack of a fancy label beer that has a nice 'tart' finish. Spend $10 for a 18-pack of cans (god forbid!) and enjoy them after work or during Football.

It's my go-to beer, right behind Platinum when I feel like paying the extra money.

Dale's Pale Ale is my FAVORITE beer yet very hard to find.

So... first post.... hope I don't rub any feather... just bringing it down to earth!

GO BUCS!

3.8/5  rDev +81.8%

Great beer for people that are not much of a beer drinker such as myself. I actually use this beer with a dash of bloody mary mix for my red beer. Yum! Like a light beer with slightly higher alcohol content. Did I mention that it's also cheap?!

3.75/5  rDev +79.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

good mass produced beer very drinkable

3.74/5  rDev +78.9%

Nose is grainy and sweet with notes of spice. Smells quite good.

Pours a deep yellow, clear, mild head with quick dissipation. Looks okay.

Moderately malty with a nice spicy vein. Grainy and toasty sweet, warm and fairly pleasant. Tastes pretty good while cool. As it warms it starts to develop harsh aftertastes. Good mouthfeel - lots of carbonation and a moderately full body.

And yes, it is "remarkably easy to drink." Good show, AB. I rather like it.

3.73/5  rDev +78.5%

only better then bud cause has more alcohol

3.7/5  rDev +77%

Ok look. A 16 ounce red bull costs 4 bucks. A six pack of Bud Ice is 4bucks. It tastes like nothing. Like water more than colors light. But 6 of them will tear you down if you need a cheap beer buzz. And without the Malt liquor crack taste.

3.66/5  rDev +75.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 3

Not gonna lie every time I pick one up its just to chug after a few good beers in an attempt to catch a buzz drinks like water never takes more than 30 seconds to kill a 16 oz can nice for if you're broke and wanna finish the night up with a decent little beer cheaper than budweiser itself typucally

3.65/5  rDev +74.6%

Look i will in no shape or style try to stack this beer up against a lot of other brews, but for what it is, its great. You need it out of a bottle, which sucks because most places have stopped selling six packs. And you need to throw them in the freezer for 10 mins before drinking. Weird right? But trust me it makes it a million times better. Its cheap but i prefer it over budlight or regular bud. Im dead serious. Less cost and more alcohol by volume. Just trust me, shake off the feeling of being white trash by buying it, throw it in the freezer for a few minutes, and enjoy an easy drinking beer

3.63/5  rDev +73.7%

Currently enjoying out of a glass 40 poured, every 12 ounces, into a pint glass. This beer has a very minimal head when first poured, that dissipates within the first ten seconds, no lacing at all. Aroma is grainy, tastes is very smooth surprisingly for its 5.5% abv content. Very drinkable American lager with a watery mouth feel and moderate carbonation content. Goes down smooth.

I am admittedly a fan of light bodied American lagers. This is one you are definitely going to want to get bottled. Never had it in a 6 or 12 pk, but for two bucks a 40 oz, it's a good value. My only complaint is that it comes in a clear glass bottle, so you might come across a skunk every once in awhile. Luckily I have not, in the past few years of drinking it occasionally. Not my go-to, but not a bad choice either. Worth chilling out at home with when you want a decent tasting beer and a cheap buzz.

3.56/5  rDev +70.3%

Bud Ice is an Ice Beer, brewed by Anheuser-Busch. Bud Ice has an ABV of 5.5% This brew pours out a deep amber color with a nice white head. The smell is sweet, with grains and , malts. This brew has a strong beer taste. You pick up on the 5.5 % ABV , and malts and grains. Bud ICE is best COLD. This brew has an ok balance to it, there is nothing overpowering in it. The mouthfeel is bold but , it has a clean finish. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this brew. Overall I'm giving Bud Ice a 4.5 out of 5. I would buy this brew again.

3.53/5  rDev +68.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

ahhh bud ice my broke bitch beer, 2 bucks and a few dimes gets you 32.oz's of delicious beer that tastes great nice carbonation goes down smooth but leaves me burping a lot i enjoy this brew. compared to bud light which i rarely drink except for last week it is a lot better in taste whereas bud light tastes like sparkling water

3.51/5  rDev +67.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I really won't try to drag this one out a whole lot. I have made several attempts at giving these AAL's a shot and really am coming up with almost the same thing so here we go.
Look is O.K. with a clear golden color and a white head that just disappears very quickly.
Smell is just not a whole lot but some sweet bread smell.
Taste is actually O.K. for a Bud. The taste of that thick rice soup of regular Bud seems to be squashed by the icing process.
The mouth feel is on the light side, almost like a light beer, with a crisp finish.
Overall not a bad beer and a better one one from the folks at Bud.

Bud Ice from Anheuser-Busch