Bud Light Mixxtail Hurricane | Anheuser-Busch

View: Beers
first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast

3.47/5  rDev +29%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

Who says that drinking beer CAN't be fun? I am the serious m-f'er on this site! I live to seek out new CANned beers for The CANQuest (tm) & sometimes things like this surface. I remember my first visit to Nawlins - I was a fleet returnee to "A" school with civilian clothes privileges, a cadre of female followers & an ID that was mere months from 21 y/o. We would go down every non-duty weekend & buddy up three or four to a room. It was some wild s**t, but we had a blast! On one trip, we were making the scene at Pat O'Brien's with numerous of my ladies in their whites & me as a bleach-blonde punk in civvies, drinking HurriCANes when one decides to yak! Talk about technicolor. We got her into a cab & back to the hotel where we returned to find her passed out & nearly drowned in the terlit! I was the eldest & most responsible, so I got her to the hospital & returned for the antics. The next day, I awoke early to get her discharged & on the bus as though nothing had happened. Wow, the wild old days.

From the CAN: "Premium Hurricane Cocktail".

A 25-fl. oz. CAN!?! A-BInBev must love to see me suffer! The Crack! was more like a CANic boom & required a crane to CANmence the Glug. I was laughing as it entered the glass - no head, neon-red color (SRM = N/A) with NE-quality clarity & more from whence it came. Nose was super sweet, just like the old days at Pat's. They say that it originated as a daiquiri with passion fruit and/or grenadine & I have no doubts. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium, not watery, but close. OMFG, but it was super-sweet! Think Hawai'ian Punch (Red) amped up with alcohol. This was some kind of trip. Lots of sugary sweetness with a good bit of tropical fruitiness. Pow! Finish was sweet & now, I need to call some of the gals for a reunion.

3.52/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Aroma and flavor is punch and medium sweetness. Actually pretty good, a lot more of an alcoholic fruit punch, there isn't any real beer flavor to this.

2.65/5  rDev -1.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.32/5  rDev -13.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 2

3.25/5  rDev +20.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.38/5  rDev -11.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.23/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.15/5  rDev +17.1%

1.5/5  rDev -44.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.75/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.37/5  rDev -49.1%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.25

From the 24 oz. can. Sampled (reluctantly) on Feb 13, 2016.

It is red.IT looks like Hawaiian Punch. Quick fizzy head dies almost instantaneously.

It smells like Hawaiian Punch. No booze. No malts. No hops. Just artificial super sweet fruit juice.

The body is OK - maybe light to medium.

It tastes like Hawaiian Punch. Did someone switch out the can and put the wrong label on it? You drink a few of these you will be very drunk without realizing it until you pass out.

Sorry, I know my reviews are a little more intelligent than this one but this is the way I experienced it.

3.12/5  rDev +16%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

A: The beer is hazy pinkish red in color. It poured with a thin white head that quickly dissipated, leaving no bubbles on the surface.
S: Moderate aromas of sweet Hawaiian Punch are present in the nose.
T: Similar to the smell, the taste is rather sweet and tastes like a spiked version of tropical fruit punch, although the alcohol is very well hidden from the taste.
M: It feels light- to medium-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This "beer" tastes just like Hawaiian Punch, but isn't that bad as long as you can get past the sweetness. It does a good job at masking the alcohol.

Serving type: can

2.36/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.7/5  rDev +0.4%

3.06/5  rDev +13.8%

Bud Light Mixxtail Hurricane brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 8.00% This brew pours out a fizzy red color with a small pink head. The head to this brew goes away fast. This brew looks like Red cream soad. The smell is sweet like fruit punch and alcohol. The brew has more in common with hawaiian punch, than beer. The taste is bitter sweet with grians and alcohol. For what it worth, if you like fruit punch you will love this brew. For me it is ok. This brew is really sweet and you can pick up on the high 8.00% ABV in this brew. As with the other "Bud Light Mixxtail" I'm on the fence with this one. To me this is not beer, but it is not a bad drink. The mouthfeel of Bud Light Mixxtail Hurricane , is sweet, fruit pucnchy, and smooth. For having a high ABV this brew goes down nice and smooth. Overall I'm giving Bud Light Mixxtail Hurricane, 3 out of 5. Not the best I have had but not the worst. I would buy this brew again if I wanted to change it up from the standard brews on the market. Anheuser-Busch, did a nice job wi. th this one

1.21/5  rDev -55%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.12/5  rDev -58.4%

LOOK: Twist off 11.2 oz can. A crafty legal loophole I am sure. The liquid is pink like bubbly cheap muscato.

SMELL: I would give this a negative score if I could. It smells like cheap alcohol laden berries and puke, like that poor drunk college chick I had to safely walk to her place and make sure no one messed with. Disgusting smell. I spilled some on my shirt and removed it.

TASTE: Berries and disgusting alcohol. Cloyingly sweet. I guess it has to have hops but to this day I am not sure how this constitutes beer?

FEEL: Sticky bubbly dizzy syrup water.

OVERALL: Wow. This is bad. I remember remarking how good they tasted later in the evening after going out for scotch. The night turned into friends taking turns playing fav songs on youtube and spilling these by accident as we got drunk into the wee hours. Never again. Worst hangover of my life. Avoid.

25 oz can. Cannot begin to describe the orgasm of flavors this gives me. Sweet and boozy. I drank like 6 of these and then puked on myself riding the el back from the Cubs game. Bud Light never tasted so good.

1.94/5  rDev -27.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Good drink just had a sting at the end tasting like cough syrup (if u like that then your Weezy)

1.72/5  rDev -36.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

2.82/5  rDev +4.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.88/5  rDev +44.2%

Bud Mixxtail Hurricane.

Alright well these guys are 1-1 so far with firewalker being the loser. Let's see how this next one goes over.

Look - Can't hate for what I expected. Punch red. Imagine pouring some Hawaiian punch into a glass after a night of monster drinking. Only instead of the vitamin C, you want more alcohol. No head so no lacing, and the carbonation appears to be high as expected. 3.25.

Smell - Remember that thing you used to enjoy in your mid to late teen age years mixed with gallons of Hawaiian punch and everclear called jungel juice? Well here it is, in a can. Ahhh brings me back to the good ole days. 4.

Taste - Y'know I'll be damned to an eternal Satanic ass raping if it didn't taste like a perfectly made jungle juice. But then again I am an Atheist so believe all the right wing propaganda you want. For ma malt liquor, this is a fine job and I'd bang the brewmasters wife for it. 4.

Feel - Body is heavy and a touch syrup like with a high level of carbonation reminding you of what it is. 3.25.

Overall - Probably my favorite malt liquor of all time. As I stated with the long island, instead of hating it for what it isn't and what it was never meant to be, I shall embrace it for what it is. And that is a damn fine example of the style. Perhaps it's the nostalgia of the flavor.." So let us, stay in this moment smoke some weed drink some wine talk some shit reminice forever young is on your mind ".. least, that was the song of my late high school days. 4.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast