Best Damn Root Beer | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Our delicious, easy-drinking Best Damn Root Beer is aged on real vanilla beans during the brewing process for a full-flavored, well-balanced take on one of our favorite classic tastes. We hope you love it as much as we do. Cheers!

Added by SteveJeremy on 12-13-2015

3.5/5  rDev +27.3%

For something that shouldn't even be on this board, since it isn't properly beer, I liked it. You could easily get drunk on these without intending to, since the alcohol is all but undetectable.

2.22/5  rDev -19.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.81/5  rDev +2.2%

Commercial nonsense. Better off mixing rum with rootbeer, it will taste a whole lot better.

3.38/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

1.76/5  rDev -36%

2.88/5  rDev +4.7%

3.75/5  rDev +36.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.98/5  rDev +8.4%

The initial taste is root beer which is not bad but is followed up with a terrible after taste. Wouldn't waste another $8 on a six pack. Never again!!!

1.11/5  rDev -59.6%

Why did I try this?! Looks like root beer, smells like a decent cheap root beer, tastes like a flat, off brand outdated discount store brand imitation of root beer. No head was gettable, no carbonation lasted, but some fonky tastes glom on to the fake root beer flavor, for a "more complex" yonky taste. Real vanilla beans, huh...how old were they?
Had I looked more closely, I would have known better than to try it (AB). Well, now I have something for "friends" who drop in unannounced. Plus, it's perfect for that family reunion you don't want to go to.

1.9/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

I like feisty root beers so when I saw BDRB on sale at my local grocery I grabbed a 6-pack. I popped the top to find a nice root beer aroma. I drank from the bottle and found a 3-second roller coaster ride of Bing, Bang, Splat and Ugh.

Bing - sugary taste of root beer
Bang - bitter over-powering licorice
Splat - taste of cheap, bitter beer
Ugh - the feeling I just drank cough medicine and I needed to shave my tongue

If you don't want to shave your tongue, don't drink the worst darned root beer ever,

1.5/5  rDev -45.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.04/5  rDev -25.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

1.3/5  rDev -52.7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

1.91/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

2.88/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.83/5  rDev -33.5%

I've rather enjoy Not Your Father's Root Beer. Occasional novel, fun change to weekly beer purchase. But it's a bit on the pricey side. Was delighted to spot Best Damn Root Beer on sale at the grocery today for $5.99. Was really excited to pop that first bottle. Took a swig..., and can't remember the last time I was so disappointed by a beer I was expecting to be at least palatable. Thin bodied, thin, artificial taste that is almost but not quite suggestive of root beer. Not worth it at any price, (seriously, there is no so thing as 'good enough because cheap' beer. It's either good or not, and if it's not good, it's not worth drinking, at any price).

1.18/5  rDev -57.1%

3.82/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Well... I was shopping in a small rural West Virginia town, in a small grocery store. I saw this on sale, I never seen this before, and the label says it's the best damn root beer. Okay, so I had to give it a try, right? But I came to this site and saw terrible reviews, so that made me more curious. On the spot review, let's see who is right.... the reviewers or the beer, itself...

Look: Looks decent. Carbonated root beer look, dark, minimal head. Decent lacings, I suppose. Not bad looking at all.

Smell: Well... 90% root beer, 10% beer. I sense the beer maltiness hidden well underneath the root beer sweetness smell. I have had alcoholic root beers before and this has a bit more of a faint "beer" smell to it.

Taste: Sweet. Then dry. Then beer presence. Interesting. The first initial taste is sweet root beer, followed by a very dry mouthfeel. It has a beer presence hidden underneath it all, which is the last taste I get. I can't say its a bad overall flavor... it is interesting that you get blasted at first by an overwhelming sweetness of root beer, then a dry sensation which is lastly followed by that typical anheuser busch beer presence. Can't say I dislike it, it's just different.

Overall: Well, would I buy this again? Maybe not. But I can't say I hate it. I will finish the case easily, I won't dump them out or give them away. It was worth trying once. But I definitely won't go as far as saying it is the best damn root beer I have ever had. No, not even close. Virgil's is the best Root Beer I ever had and there are better alcoholic root beers out there as well. But hey, if you can find this cheap, go for it, not really bad to try at least once. Especially for hardcore root beer fans.

2.98/5  rDev +8.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.75

2.39/5  rDev -13.1%

Taster glass at Total wine and more
dark, almost opaque
smells like root beer, licorice
very sweet, some tartness
highly carbonated, some tartness
fair beer, not to repeat
drank: 11/5/2016 2:10 PM

2.75/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.82/5  rDev +38.9%
look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

3.12/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Best Damn Root Beer from Anheuser-Busch