Bud Extra | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Previously released as B-to-the-E.

Added by MJR on 11-06-2004

4.8/5  rDev +150%

It was one of the best beers I've ever tasted, it smelled good and it to affect after about 4 bottles. I think stores should start selling them again, with the same price.
Its nothing negative about this beer. I love the raspberry taste, the energy drink mixed in beer was great.

2.5/5  rDev +30.2%

1.5/5  rDev -21.9%

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!!

I don't think they make this anymore

2.07/5  rDev +7.8%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

My goodness I was happy when I heard someone I knew found a stash of old sampler can and this was it. Poured from 6oz can...best by date of 6-14-06. Shared with SuperNova777 and VinnieVanGogh

A- Poured a funky looking energy drink yellow. Half finger white head pops up and dies just as quick. No lacing on the sides of the glass.

S- The smelled like stale raspberry and had this distinct wet grain mixed with energy drink scent as well. The alcohol wasn't really there in the ending like I thought it was going to be. To be honest I thought this was going to smell a lot worse than what it did. Just smelled stale and sweet overall with a hint of alcohol (which was sweet) in the ending.

T- Stale raspberry hits your palate first with a light wet grain flavor that get masked quickly by the raspberry flavor. Midway through you can taste what seems like a light Bud flavor which once again gets overtaken by that stale raspberry flavor. Sweet like energy drink flavor on the backend with a hint of sweet alcohol finished this bastard up.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation was still good for I suppose this style was after all these years. Stale raspberry and energy drink flavor is all I could taste on the palate and long into the aftertaste with sweet alcohol as being in the aftertaste. Flavors were kind of a mess with this beer which I expected to be honest with not only the brewery but also the age. I can't say there were any off flavors because they all tasted like off flavors in this one. No alcohol drying on the palate.

O- This just tasted like an old energy drink to me. No real standout flavors which made me think beer at all. I wasn't impressed with this beer but then at the same time I wasn't not impressed...does that make sense??

1.91/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Received beer from friend Chris' "beer" fridge and had never seen this type of Bud product so I decided to try it out. Poured from a 10 oz can into my Schlafly Pint Glass and has a "08311" date on bottom.

Appearance- A pale, yellow color with huge carbonation bubbles throughout. Has a 1/4 finger of head that died down quickly.

Smell- First chance I took, it was like a bottle of Cough Medicine was put up to my noise... Cherry flavored. Horrible! There were hints of cotton candy or an extremely sugary candy or even raspberry but this was then killed with the medicine smell!

Taste- Starts with a huge blue or white raspberry taste (almost like an ICEE) and then the Red Bull/Smirnoff drink comes to mind. Can't say that this is really a beer! And better yet, wondering how they put this one in the herbed/spiced beer category? Not a bad flavor but has no right being called a beer.

Mouthfeel- Light bodied, and then has the cough syrup finish... I hate this part of this beer. The huge amount of carbonation doesn't help it either!

Overall- I would rather be drinking a 3 Olives/Red Bull if I had the choice... Have to say that this wasn't what I was expecting even though the can says "Beer with The Natural Flavor of Raspberry". The ABV's are rather high as well on this beer. Very much of a malt beverage for the ladies and will be downing the rest of this half pint.

1.19/5  rDev -38%

Poured into a standard pint glass.

A - Pale clear coloration, small bit of froth that dissipated nearly instantaneously. No lacing.

S - Smells odd, I can't place my finger on what this is, but it reminds me of a fruit rollup.

T - Mother of God this is offensive. Cranberry juice? I'm not sure, but it tastes like a light lager with fruit juice and battery acid mixed together.

M - Sharp carbonation and a light body. If not for the horrible aftertaste I'd say it was pleasantly crisp. Yet again, the flavor ruins the feel.

D - No, simply no.

1.87/5  rDev -2.6%

The only thing keeping this from being the worst beer I've tasted is the absense of skunk.

A- Weak, thin pale yellow with thin white head, no retention and no lacing.

S- corn, somthing fruity, raspberry?, damp hay, metallic tones

T- Follows the nose with the corn, faint fruit, hay and metallic tones. Strong taste of cardboard and light malts.

M- Thin, soda like, watery,

D- Bland, overly carbonated, and watery. Drain pour.

1.29/5  rDev -32.8%

Pours a straw color with a little white head and some small lacing on the glass. Smells like bleach cleaner with raspberry puree in there. Tastes like water with a raspberry smashed up at the bottom. Lots of carbonation, the mouthfeel is way too thin. Drinkability is pretty low.

1.67/5  rDev -13%

Two more "options" to end the night if you want to call them that. What an interesting beer day, with some of the best I have had starting the day/night, and finishing it late in the evening with two more off the bottom list.

This one actually came to me as a gag extra a couple months back and had been sitting in the fridge as i was going to trick someone with it as a tasting, but since its now on here, I guess i will suck it up. i was planning on staying up late so figured i would use this to power me through my 3 hour video game session, wow, the depths i go to. cracked the can around 10pm, an i did stay up till around four, but soo not worth it.

not much differnet in the pour from what i was expecting, but an odd aroma comes through. the normal wet hay, corn but a touch of light fruit an something, not sure what, almost like dry cat food smell coming out of it. taste is, ehh. its different i will give it that, but just does not go anywhere. light fruity dryness in the finish but that was about it.

overall not sure if this is beer, energy, fruit, no clue, but glad it is not around as this could get some stupid people in a heep of trouble.

Bud Extra from Anheuser-Busch