Budweiser Select | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Light Lager

Brewed with two-row and roasted caramel malt for a rich color, and a blend of hand-selected premium American and Bavarian hops for balance and flavor. Budweiser Select spends approximately twice as long as regular beers in the brewhouse, which results in lower carbohydrate and calorie content after fermentation.

Added by kbub6f on 11-13-2004

Ratings: 1,296 |  Reviews: 409

I think people just have not given it a chance, also confusion of the select 55 which is nasty.
However select is smoother and less after taste. I love this beer and I don't think it's getting the attention it deserves.

This is my go-to drink. It has been my favorite for a long time (well since the first time I tried one actually), I love the flavor! I love that it isn't as heavy as a Budweiser and not as light as a Bud Light. It's right in the middle and that's perfection in my opinion. There aren't any other beers I've found so far that match that not too heavy, not too light trait. It goes down smooth and it's very refreshing!

4.33/5  rDev +112.3%

Budweiser Select is a Light Beer brewed by Anheuser Busch. This brew has an ABV of 4.1 %. Budweiser Select is lighter than Bud Light. This brew pours out a nice light amber color with a nice white head. These smell is sweet with some grains and malts. The taste is bold but smooth. You pick up on the grains and malts in this brew. Budweiser Select has a good taste for a light beer. This beer dose go down nice real nice. The mouthfeel is light smooth and refreshing. I would have a Budweiser Select over Bud Light any Day. Good light beer. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this one. Overall I'm giving this brew a 4.5 out of 5.

3.82/5  rDev +87.3%

3.81/5  rDev +86.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Very good light beer. Low calorie but great refreshing taste for a light beer. Being in St. Louis there is heavy advertising for it as a local beer. Best in cans, good clearing head.

3.79/5  rDev +85.8%

As far as light beers go, this is one of my favorites. Look when poured is typical to light beers, light yellow with a white head. Smell is surprising, to me I do smell grass, barley and possibly corn-- I was not expecting much of a smell, but yet it had a pleasant scent, not very strong but present for sure. Taste is definitely grass and rice, very consistent from start to finish. Feel is of course, light but not too carbonated, with little lingering aftertaste. Also beer is not dry at all, so it is very refreshing overall.

I enjoy Bud Select for what it is-- a light beer that is very refreshing. IMO this beer is the best out of all the 'Budweiser' products and is perfect for eating with meals due to it's light feel, or when it's time to quench your thirst on a hot summer day. Also, on another note, this is a great beer to drink to get drunk on-- it is only 3.2 grams of carbs per beer, and with 4.2% alcohol content, you can drink a shitload of these-- I think my personal best is 22 of these in one sitting. (then again I may have forgotten to count one or two!)

3.77/5  rDev +84.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.75

Nice light breadiness and malt. A touch of hops makes for a round beer. I like it.

3.72/5  rDev +82.4%

3.7/5  rDev +81.4%

This is another beer to mow and play golf with. It is good for that at least. I usually have this in cans when i do have it and it tastes fine smells ok drinks well, and is cheap and easy to find. It is like the rest of these mass produced beers. I would drink it again.

3.67/5  rDev +79.9%

I cannot stand Bud Light. in fact, most "lite" beers are kinda bad. Having said that, I find this beer to be quite nice. It actually has pretty decent flavor . This should be the light beer choice of Bud drinkers everywhere, not it's super selling sister Bud Light.

3.64/5  rDev +78.4%

3.64/5  rDev +78.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.5

3.6/5  rDev +76.5%

3.53/5  rDev +73%

A: very light straw
S: mild, almost non-existent
T: Very low to no bitterness. I cannot taste the alcohol at all (which is a plus for me), and I love the bready/yeast finish
M: A lot of carbonation with a very thin body. Almost like soda-water
D: I could drink this all day. It goes down crisp and is very refreshing (not to sound like a commercial). Think a lawn chair, a warm summer day, and fresh cut grass.

This is not trying to be anything other than what it is, and I think it does it much better than the other light beers I've tasted.

3.5/5  rDev +71.6%

Clear pale gold with two fingers of white head. Some minor lace as the head recedes quickly. Smell is mild malts and a bit of yeast. Taste is light bready malt with a very minor hop taste in the finish. High carbonation level with a typical light lager drying finish. Actually an excellent AAL light version. The lack of success of this beer must mean that Bud Light drinkers don't really want more flavor.

Budweiser Select from Anheuser-Busch