9th Street Market Pomegranate Raspberry | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Added by Gusler on 05-21-2005

Reviews by pmcadamis:
1.29/5  rDev -42.9%

Tried this one at the A-B brewery in Fort Collins.

A - Clear yellow with lots of bubbles. A good finger of bone white head shows surprisingly decent retention and better than average lace for a macro.

S - Fruity, syrupy, sugary candy. Horrible.

T - No where near as syrupy or sugary as the nose, and it actually isn't as fruity either. It's really sort of dull.

M - Watery, thin, bland, and under-carbonated for something this light and fruity.

D - I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of fruit beers, but this has go to be one of the worst. This is really not good.

2.06/5  rDev -8.8%

The beer emerges from the 12-ounce clear bottle a clear gold color with a bright white frothy head that disappears faster than my paycheck and the lace thinner than my hair. Nose is sweet with hints of overripe raspberries and a touch of pomegranates, crisp and clean, start is cloyingly sweet with little malt presence, and the top cadaverous in feel. Finish is acidic and the hops hidden under all the sweetness, dry sweet aftertaste sticks to your palate like the IRS at tax time.

3.42/5  rDev +51.3%

As I tend to enjoy fruit beers from time to time, I decided to give this one a try even though it is from the dreaded AB co. First I'd have to say it's extremely light in the mouth, high carbonation with almost a champagney feel. Quite a bit of small (not harsh) co2 bubbles precipitating out. The beer taste and fruit taste are well balanced. A hint of sweetness. I would like to taste more pomegrante as raspberry just reminds me of candy. Almost like a cider but with much less sugar. Goes down quickly, but not without issue. I am burping more than usual. I suspect 3 would be the max I could drink at a time. If you like fruit beers or ciders it's worth a try for it's uniqueness to other comparable libations.

9th Street Market Pomegranate Raspberry from Anheuser-Busch