Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,681 |  Reviews: 644

Anheuser-Busch. Why would you purchase this brand just to discontinue it? While I’m sure many people will drink them, most Americans are tired of the watery Bud Lights of the world & would like to have options like this. I wouldn’t drink Bud Light, but I loved this. High alcohol, great tasting, refreshing, & it doesn’t taste like 1,000 gallons of it was made at one time. It was special & in a league of its own, nothing else like it. Please bring THE ORIGINAL recipe back don’t try to do something new to it, it’s the best, you can’t make it better, & make sure it’s distributed everywhere in SC. Thanks.

I really enjoyed drinking Wild Blue. Great flavor, the best blueberry beer on the market. Nothing else was even close in its category. Wish they'd reconsider this dumb move of discontinuing it. The only beer I bought on a regular basis. Had I known I would have stocked up. The local distributors always sold out quickly.

I am a big fan of Wild Blue. I am very disappointed to hear it is no longer being brewed. I know other people who enjoyed drinking it as well.

Wild Blue is the most amazing lager I’ve ever had. After my first sip I was instantly hooked. I’ve tried other beers and lagers but nothing compares to this one of a kind gem. I’m so sad it’s been discontinued, I’ve never come across such a sweet beer that never gave me a headache or make me feel nauseous not even once! It’s perfect and I hope it will be back next year!!

2.5/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.48/5  rDev +94.8%

Unbelievable you decided to discontinue. This beer is unique in flavor and ABV. There is NO other blueberry beer a good as this one anywhere in the United States. I realize it doesn’t appeal to “the masses”, so just control production better. What a disappointment.

3.08/5  rDev +33.9%

I really loved this beer and am so disappointed that it has been discontinued. It's the only blueberry beer that actually, tastes like blueberry, is not sour or bitter and too hoppy but not as light or sweet as a cooler. All I can find now are sours which I'm not quite sure why they are so popular. Is there anyone out there that can make a fruit beer that actually has the texture of beer and tastes like fruit? With all of the other good qualities, it actually had an ABV of 8% and the price was very reasonable for such a high alcohol volume compared to other beers. Anheuser-Busch, if you see this, please bring it back because you have many people who love this beer!

This was a great tasting beer, was shock to hear that it is now discontinued. I guess there just was not enough of us out here who enjoyed it for Anheuser-Busch to be happy. Going to miss it.

4.79/5  rDev +108.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I really can't believe they discontinued this beer....I am not really a beer drinker but I liked this one. Whoever was the dope that decided to discontinue it...U suck!!

This is the best blueberry tasting beers. It actually has a blueberry taste compared to others. I can't believe I can't get anymore.

Love this beer. Please bring it back.

This is my fave. Where the heck is it???

Please bring it back!

3.84/5  rDev +67%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I tried this years ago when I first began dabbling in the interesting world of imperial ABV beers. Wifey tried it soon after, and loves this lager. It's practically the only thing she'll drink aside from sweet wine or rum. Drink chilled. Pours super blue/purple, with tons of carbonation that yields a tight violet bubble-fest head. Nose is all blueberry. Taste is all blueberry with some light malty back end. No hops to be found. Good acidity balance, so it's not a flat syrup mouthfeel. It's a delicious dessert beer that is just plain fun and fruity. Many fruity beers have that artificial sweetener vibe, but not WB. After three, maybe two for the unitiated, the sweetness can become cloying, but stays fundamentally all blueberry. If you're downing more than that, at 8%, you'll be too buzzed to care any way.

I wanted to write a quick review because there is evidently a move to discontinue WB. What a dumb move, IMHO. This is the only beverage that leads us to spend money for a (insert mega beer company guess here) product. Feel free to join the social media revolution to keep the blue dawg kicking! We need it, if only for all the healthful antioxidants.

Thank you, Beer Advocate, for being a great resource to the whale hunters and fly fishers alike.

This is the best tasting blueberry beer that I have ever had!!! It is hard to find, tho. One of the best fruity beers because it has some body to it. Not for you if you like IPAs. I don't!

1.68/5  rDev -27%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.75

4.99/5  rDev +117%

Favorite beer ever. Tastes great and you only need one or 2 to get feeling relaxed.

4.58/5  rDev +99.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm not sure why this beer has gotten such bad reviews because I absolutely love it. It's too bad Anheuser Busch is discontinuing it what a shame!

Legitimately the best tasting beer I have ever had. High ABV made for a great time as well.
PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! REDDS TASTES LIKE GARBAGE AND I CANT DRINK IT! ):

It is best blueberry beer I have had! I truly recommend folks who love the taste of blueberry within the beer. I am one of them!

4.75/5  rDev +106.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.06/5  rDev +76.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.27/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Overall I think it's a fine beer, not really sure where the hate is coming from. Sure I was expecting more from the taste than I got, but the beer is well carbonated, to the point that you can sit with a bottle without fear of it going flat, and the feel of it is really nice. Not to mention the attractive 8% ABV, which makes it a hell of a lot fun to take out to the beach or have at bar. The price is probably the worst part, because with its price it definitely could've made a bigger effort for outstanding taste/smell, but that doesn't make this a bad beer. Worth a buy in my opinion.

3.19/5  rDev +38.7%