Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit and Field Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,684 |  Reviews: 642
3.25/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Just had mine and I hope one of the liquor stores in town carries this. If wine tasted like it I would get drunk off wine coolers all the time. ca. 2008

Love love love this beer! It kicked my woodchuck amber cider off the first choice! I have not found any other blueberry flavored beers. Bring it back! Can't believe y'all stopped making it..... Sad day.

Best beer I ever had. Please bring it back!

2.83/5  rDev +22.5%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

One of my favorite beers. Disappointed to see it discontinued. A darker beer that appeals to most people I know that like darker or stout beers but not so much to those who like a lighter beer with less alcohol in it (8% alcohol).

I’ve liked this beer since I first tried it.
Difficult to locate right now, hope it’s not discontinued...

I drank my last one today. So good. So sad it's discontinued. Poor decision to 'retire' it. W.T.F.

Very disappointed to see this was discontinued!

I can't believe they discontinued this beer. I love this beer and is the only beer I would drink. disappointed.

2.5/5  rDev +8.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

4.48/5  rDev +93.9%

Unbelievable you decided to discontinue. This beer is unique in flavor and ABV. There is NO other blueberry beer a good as this one anywhere in the United States. I realize it doesn’t appeal to “the masses”, so just control production better. What a disappointment.

3.08/5  rDev +33.3%

4.79/5  rDev +107.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I really can't believe they discontinued this beer....I am not really a beer drinker but I liked this one. Whoever was the dope that decided to discontinue it...U suck!!

This is the best blueberry tasting beers. It actually has a blueberry taste compared to others. I can't believe I can't get anymore.

Love this beer. Please bring it back.

This is my fave. Where the heck is it???

Please bring it back!

3.84/5  rDev +66.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I tried this years ago when I first began dabbling in the interesting world of imperial ABV beers. Wifey tried it soon after, and loves this lager. It's practically the only thing she'll drink aside from sweet wine or rum. Drink chilled. Pours super blue/purple, with tons of carbonation that yields a tight violet bubble-fest head. Nose is all blueberry. Taste is all blueberry with some light malty back end. No hops to be found. Good acidity balance, so it's not a flat syrup mouthfeel. It's a delicious dessert beer that is just plain fun and fruity. Many fruity beers have that artificial sweetener vibe, but not WB. After three, maybe two for the unitiated, the sweetness can become cloying, but stays fundamentally all blueberry. If you're downing more than that, at 8%, you'll be too buzzed to care any way.

I wanted to write a quick review because there is evidently a move to discontinue WB. What a dumb move, IMHO. This is the only beverage that leads us to spend money for a (insert mega beer company guess here) product. Feel free to join the social media revolution to keep the blue dawg kicking! We need it, if only for all the healthful antioxidants.

Thank you, Beer Advocate, for being a great resource to the whale hunters and fly fishers alike.

This is the best tasting blueberry beer that I have ever had!!! It is hard to find, tho. One of the best fruity beers because it has some body to it. Not for you if you like IPAs. I don't!

1.68/5  rDev -27.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 1.75

4.99/5  rDev +116%

Favorite beer ever. Tastes great and you only need one or 2 to get feeling relaxed.

4.58/5  rDev +98.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm not sure why this beer has gotten such bad reviews because I absolutely love it. It's too bad Anheuser Busch is discontinuing it what a shame!

Legitimately the best tasting beer I have ever had. High ABV made for a great time as well.
PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! REDDS TASTES LIKE GARBAGE AND I CANT DRINK IT! ):

It is best blueberry beer I have had! I truly recommend folks who love the taste of blueberry within the beer. I am one of them!

4.75/5  rDev +105.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch