Wild Blue

From:
Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Gots
SCORE
Awful
Wild BlueWild Blue
Notes: Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.
View: Beers
Reviews: 654 | Ratings: 1,706 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
dakotabeargirl

4.41/5  rDev +97.8%

I actually enjoy this beer. It’s been in my fridge for a couple of years if not more. I opened it up tonight and I find it to be refreshing. I looked it up and found that it is discontinued. That’s too bad!! Is definitely buy it again if it were available.

Jul 17, 2021
Lzee11 from Florida

We have been looking for this beer for a couple of years with no result. After searching BA, found out it is no longer being made! What a huge disappoinment! My mouth is watering thinking of that delicious blueberry flavor on a hot day by the pool. I know it's not for everyone, but this one was a definite fav for both me and my husband. Not one that you would want more than one or two of in a row, but such a pleasing beer, nice and carbonated with a real blueberry flavor and the 8% ABV gave you a nice little buzz. As someone else mentioned, RIP Wild Blue. You will be missed!

Jun 28, 2021
SandraCan from California

This was my all time favorite beer. So much so that I am still talking about it 5 years after the last time I have drank it. I looked and looked for it for years and then found out that it was discontinued for some unexplained reason. Discontinuing this beer was the worst decision this beer company has ever made. The only possible reason why this beer may have not been a tree top seller was purely an advertising issue. If more people knew about it when it was in production, it would have flew off the shelves. I love everything about this beer, especially the 8%. The taste was exquisite, the smell was wonderful, and the results of drinking it was damn near euphoric! I will NEVER understand why I will never again have the pleasure of consuming my favorite beverage of all time. I think about it often, like a long lost soul mate, and it will be forever missed. RIP Wild Blue Ale. I love you......still your biggest fan.

Apr 18, 2021
RavenSongs from Virginia

This was one of the best lagers I have ever had that has been infused with real fruit. Being very skeptical about buying it, fearing another sickeningly sweet, clearly artificial, candy like "beer"... I took a chance and fell in love with this clean, smooth, nice body, real blueberries, and delightful biscuit finish beer. It was my weekend treat as I plugged away at school.... then sadness struck, the beer was no more. I follow behind many who ask, why discontinue this? Make it seasonal, but please bring it back. Or I'm fully in favor, I'll buy the recipe, share the royalties, all that jazz.

Apr 06, 2021
Dmhartman from Michigan

This is such a great beer especially in the summer. Love the sweet light fresh flavor especially for an early day beverage. I’m so bummed out they arent longer making it. Keep checking the beer aisle hoping it will resurface as a seasonal beer at least. Or send me the recipe!!

Jan 08, 2021
JonTowers from California

This is the best beer ever, if you like a heavy dark beer with a blueberry twist. You either love it or hate it. I can’t say enough about it. I hope they will bring it back for the hardcore lovers of this amazing beer. Lager drinkers need not apply

Oct 18, 2020
CharlieRockMD from Maryland

This by far is the best beer I have ever had. I still struggle to find a replacement. Ive been holding on to my last few but dont think I can resist too much longer. They keep calling me every time I open the refridgerator. I called the company and wrote letters seeking explanation on why this been was discontinued.

Aug 30, 2020
CrisHolm from South Dakota

So incredibly sad this beer was retired! I literally only signed up on this site just to write a review for this beer and whine that I can't buy it anywhere anymore lol I first tried it on South Florida, totally fell in love with it after the first sip and never bought another beer after that until I moved to South Dakota and was so sad I couldn't find it anywhere. Then after a couple years of not having it I finally found it at two stores and was so excited. Then of course they retired it a couple months later. So bummed! Really hoping for a comeback! Haven't been able to find anything comparable.

Aug 16, 2020
LilithAnnTaurus

4.7/5  rDev +110.8%

This was the first beer I ever tried. I have loved it ever since. I really wish someone would bring it back. I fear that my favorite beer will be forever lost in history, and that I shall never find a blueberry beer this good.

May 23, 2020
ajdfsu

THIS BEER IS PHENOMENAL !! Please someone ... revive it, and brew it, and make a lot of money in the process. This is my favorite beer of all time, and I'm a fairly good judge of beers.

This is opportunity: Wild Blue has every potential to blow the flavored malt/ale/cider genre out of the stratosphere. It just needed better marketing from the beginning.

Fantastic brew! Please ... bring it back!

Oct 13, 2019
Plm from Florida

Wild Blue is one of my favorite beers! The blueberry taste makes this beer. I am not a fan of many lagers and I love this one. I am very disappointed it has been retired! I bought it on a regular basis from my local Publix. Hopefully they bring it back!

Jul 20, 2019
CherylCraig from South Carolina

Sadden to see this beer is retired. It was my favorite beer. I could actually taste the blueberry flavor. Not overly sweet. Perfect for a person that likes fruit infused beers.

Jul 04, 2019
Drak-Nib from Nebraska

3.25/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Just had mine and I hope one of the liquor stores in town carries this. If wine tasted like it I would get drunk off wine coolers all the time. ca. 2008

Nov 19, 2018
Allisonnewhard from Texas

Love love love this beer! It kicked my woodchuck amber cider off the first choice! I have not found any other blueberry flavored beers. Bring it back! Can't believe y'all stopped making it..... Sad day.

Nov 18, 2018
McNoodleHead from Louisiana

One of my favorite beers. Disappointed to see it discontinued. A darker beer that appeals to most people I know that like darker or stout beers but not so much to those who like a lighter beer with less alcohol in it (8% alcohol).

Oct 12, 2018
Xkwizit from Florida

4.48/5  rDev +100.9%

Unbelievable you decided to discontinue. This beer is unique in flavor and ABV. There is NO other blueberry beer a good as this one anywhere in the United States. I realize it doesn’t appeal to “the masses”, so just control production better. What a disappointment.

Jul 04, 2018
CrashDavis88 from Virginia

4.79/5  rDev +114.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I really can't believe they discontinued this beer....I am not really a beer drinker but I liked this one. Whoever was the dope that decided to discontinue it...U suck!!

Jun 26, 2018
micada from New York

3.84/5  rDev +72.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

I tried this years ago when I first began dabbling in the interesting world of imperial ABV beers. Wifey tried it soon after, and loves this lager. It's practically the only thing she'll drink aside from sweet wine or rum. Drink chilled. Pours super blue/purple, with tons of carbonation that yields a tight violet bubble-fest head. Nose is all blueberry. Taste is all blueberry with some light malty back end. No hops to be found. Good acidity balance, so it's not a flat syrup mouthfeel. It's a delicious dessert beer that is just plain fun and fruity. Many fruity beers have that artificial sweetener vibe, but not WB. After three, maybe two for the unitiated, the sweetness can become cloying, but stays fundamentally all blueberry. If you're downing more than that, at 8%, you'll be too buzzed to care any way.

I wanted to write a quick review because there is evidently a move to discontinue WB. What a dumb move, IMHO. This is the only beverage that leads us to spend money for a (insert mega beer company guess here) product. Feel free to join the social media revolution to keep the blue dawg kicking! We need it, if only for all the healthful antioxidants.

Thank you, Beer Advocate, for being a great resource to the whale hunters and fly fishers alike.

May 31, 2018
debbourne from Illinois

This is the best tasting blueberry beer that I have ever had!!! It is hard to find, tho. One of the best fruity beers because it has some body to it. Not for you if you like IPAs. I don't!

May 30, 2018
SoulxDD from Connecticut

Legitimately the best tasting beer I have ever had. High ABV made for a great time as well.
PLEASE BRING THIS BACK! REDDS TASTES LIKE GARBAGE AND I CANT DRINK IT! ):

May 06, 2018
HotOpinions from Tennessee

3.27/5  rDev +46.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Overall I think it's a fine beer, not really sure where the hate is coming from. Sure I was expecting more from the taste than I got, but the beer is well carbonated, to the point that you can sit with a bottle without fear of it going flat, and the feel of it is really nice. Not to mention the attractive 8% ABV, which makes it a hell of a lot fun to take out to the beach or have at bar. The price is probably the worst part, because with its price it definitely could've made a bigger effort for outstanding taste/smell, but that doesn't make this a bad beer. Worth a buy in my opinion.

Feb 26, 2018
gram2kacna from Texas

I've been drinking Wild Blue for a few years now, I love it. It's my favorite of all beers. I have to order it from a little liquor store. Hard to find, one chain grocery store would have it a little while, then they quit stocking it.

Feb 02, 2018
Lampro from Virginia

3.36/5  rDev +50.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I was actually pleasantly surprised on pouring this beer to see the vibrant, nearly magenta color. The smell was distinctly fruity. My first impression on drinking was of fruit soda on the front of the palate, with some slight maltiness developing at the end. Certainly a sweet beer, if tasting blind I might guess that it was actually a cider! Interesting, lots of alcohol for a lager! A fun drink that I might go back for if I'm in the mood.

Feb 02, 2018
dtrain40 from Wisconsin

3.14/5  rDev +40.8%

Just got this brew the other day and needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I love blueberries and that pretty much sums up this sweet tasting beer. Not for beer snobs for sure though. Pours a small foam head with the appearance of grape juice. Lots of blueberries hit you first with a tasty cereal malt on the backside. Plain and simple, it's a refreshing beer for those looking for something fruity and satisfying. And at 8% abv, you can take it seriously :)

Jan 18, 2018
J1moyer from Maryland

My favorite beer. I didn’t used to like beer, but Wild Blue changed that! Wild Blue has 8% ABV, lower ABV beers don’t taste right. They taste like water!

Jan 09, 2018