Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,664 |  Reviews: 634
4.99/5  rDev +118.9%

Favorite beer ever. Tastes great and you only need one or 2 to get feeling relaxed.

4.58/5  rDev +100.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4.5

I'm not sure why this beer has gotten such bad reviews because I absolutely love it. It's too bad Anheuser Busch is discontinuing it what a shame!

Legitimately the best tasting beer I have ever had. High ABV makes for a great time as well.

It is best blueberry beer I have had! I truly recommend folks who love the taste of blueberry within the beer. I am one of them!

4.75/5  rDev +108.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.06/5  rDev +78.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

3.27/5  rDev +43.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Overall I think it's a fine beer, not really sure where the hate is coming from. Sure I was expecting more from the taste than I got, but the beer is well carbonated, to the point that you can sit with a bottle without fear of it going flat, and the feel of it is really nice. Not to mention the attractive 8% ABV, which makes it a hell of a lot fun to take out to the beach or have at bar. The price is probably the worst part, because with its price it definitely could've made a bigger effort for outstanding taste/smell, but that doesn't make this a bad beer. Worth a buy in my opinion.

3.19/5  rDev +39.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

I've been drinking Wild Blue for a few years now, I love it. It's my favorite of all beers. I have to order it from a little liquor store. Hard to find, one chain grocery store would have it a little while, then they quit stocking it.

3.36/5  rDev +47.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I was actually pleasantly surprised on pouring this beer to see the vibrant, nearly magenta color. The smell was distinctly fruity. My first impression on drinking was of fruit soda on the front of the palate, with some slight maltiness developing at the end. Certainly a sweet beer, if tasting blind I might guess that it was actually a cider! Interesting, lots of alcohol for a lager! A fun drink that I might go back for if I'm in the mood.

4.1/5  rDev +79.8%

Very strong blueberry flavor. At first I wasn't sure that I'd be able to drink it. However, the high abv makes up for it quickly.

2.81/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.14/5  rDev +37.7%

Just got this brew the other day and needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I love blueberries and that pretty much sums up this sweet tasting beer. Not for beer snobs for sure though. Pours a small foam head with the appearance of grape juice. Lots of blueberries hit you first with a tasty cereal malt on the backside. Plain and simple, it's a refreshing beer for those looking for something fruity and satisfying. And at 8% abv, you can take it seriously :)

1.08/5  rDev -52.6%

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

My favorite beer. I didn’t used to like beer, but Wild Blue changed that! Wild Blue has 8% ABV, lower ABV beers don’t taste right. They taste like water!

1.13/5  rDev -50.4%

3.7/5  rDev +62.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I've always shied away from this beer, even though it appeals to my sweet tooth. But my wife bought some, so a review must be had! Pours very nice deep blue/purple with small white head. Stays carbonated throughout. Smells faintly of blueberry with a mix of malt. Tastes a bit like blueberry juice, but didn't really care for what I call a "beer aftertaste". Alcohol is well hidden, as I wouldn't guess this to be an 8% brew. End of the day, I think the beer is a bit under rated. It is what it says on the label, and that isn't bad in my book

4.1/5  rDev +79.8%

1.65/5  rDev -27.6%

Does not taste great.

2.25/5  rDev -1.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.54/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

2.58/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch