Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

Ratings: 1,630 |  Reviews: 626

8%. One or two of these will give you a very nice buzz. Taste is enjoyable. Color looks like grape juice but I don't care because it does the job. High quality beer.

I love the flavor and aroma of this beer. Almost taste like juice. Dangerously tastey, doesn't taste like an 8%

I LOVE his beer! I am a woman so that my influence my decision. I do not like the regular taste of beer. This beer tastes good for those who can't take the bitter taste of your normal beer. Who can deny the alcohol content of 8%!?

This beer is, as they say, as close to a wine as they come - but it is not - it is just a good healthy, frothy lager. It pretends to be nothing else.

Blueberry is an understatement. The taste itself is sweet like blueberries right off the vine. It helps me recall an earlier day when beer was made from the ingredients that one found locally. It has no bad aftertaste and is truly a delicious brew.

Those who find this beer a bad option must be stuck in the mindset that beer must taste one way and one way only....but Wild Blue stands on its' own. The only surprising thing about Wild Blue is that it is made by those who bring us Budweiser. Will it hold up through the transition period to new ownership? I do not know - but if it does - then maybe reviewers who skewered this unique brew will be able to revisit and maybe change their minds.

Why is Wild Blue no longer being distributed in Minneapolis, Minnesota? It's my all-time favorite and I can't find it anywhere anymore!

This is my wife's favorite beer, and I make a great effort to never run out of of Wild Blue. One Wild Blue and my wife is "Happy"! And when she's happy, she is always in the mood to make me happy. Anyone who gives this brew a bad score does so because it is an unconventional beer flavor. It tastes like the Blue Berries it is made from. The flavor is so intense that I am not ashamed to admit that I enjoy this girly beer, but then, I love Blueberry pie!

The people who don't like this beer generally just don't like sweet beers. This drink is delicious and tastes like a blueberry soda. Careful though, it's 8%, but you wouldn't know it by drinking it. I've had a lot of different beers, and this one is by far my favorite. Everyone has their go-to beer, and this one is mine. Unfortunately it's really expensive to drink every night, so you might wanna keep this one for some weekends or special occasions.

My new FAVORITE beer! Smell, taste, mouthfeel and especially drinkability are all FANTATSTIC! It's a little strong at 8% alc, but goes down smooth. My local liquor store only carries it in 6 packs, and sells out pretty regularly. A highly recommended drink.

I don't normally care for alcohol in general but when I tried the Wild Blue Blueberry lager/ale I was pretty impressed with it. I will definitely buy it again and recommend it to others as well. I drank it straight from the bottle so can't really give much on the appearance but everything else was excellent in my opinion.

4.98/5  rDev +129.5%

This beer has a smooth blue berry flavor. It smells really good, it is not heavy it kind of has a malt taste. At least I think it does. It is a great beer for no matter what time of the year. It is a beer that I like to come home sit back and relax and enjoy after a long hard day at work. I definitely would recommend this beer to friends and family.

4.94/5  rDev +127.6%

Seriously this beer does not have the rating it deserves! This is one of my fav beers, it's not too light, and not too heavy, and not too sweet. If you are looking for a flavorful beer (not IPA bitter) but legit flavor, this is a great choice!

The people who have rated this are obvi legit hardcore beer drinkers that don't like flavored beer, I've been drinking beer for a long time, but my taste buds are not favorable to the hoppy beers. I don't like fruity beers usually either because they are too sweet, but this beer is perfect. It's not too sweet and still has a bit of a beer flavor, but at the same time tastes like blueberry muffins! It's really good and high alcohol content, so if you're a woman and like flavored beer it's a great choice, but still manly enough for a man.

But seriously, if you're buying a blueberry beer and you want it to taste like blueberries this is the one! The reviews that say it smelled too strong or was purple in color or it tasted like blueberry syrup.... duh!... it's a fucking blueberry beer! What else would you want it to taste like?! Lol

4.91/5  rDev +126.3%

Most regular beer drinkers will not like this offering. But for those who do not like bitter/hoppy brews, this is a great alternative. I normally look for sweet/malty brews.

I was treated to this at a steakhouse. I usually cannot find many beers I care to drink, as I find them overhopped and bitter/tangy, with little reason to try them again.

This tastes like a blueberry soda: sweet, bright and satifying, but watch out, it packs 8% alcohol. If you drink 2 it will pack a whallop!

It is an excellent alternative to the normal hoppy offerings. Don't let the fact it is brew by AB put you off. Give it a try.

4.88/5  rDev +124.9%

Not for everyone, but for those who really do not like the bitterness of most beers this is great way to go. Yes it is sweet. Yes it does really taste like blueberries with a little beer in the background (compared to other blueberry ales that taste like 90% beer with a little blueberry put in just to say it is there). For me that is much preferable to those "fake blueberry ales". But it is very drinkable and is remarkably refreshing. However be careful not to forget it is an 8% brew and if you down it like a soda or fruit drink, it will kick you. Anheuser-Busch got it right.

4.86/5  rDev +124%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A creatively, cultured, brew with a unique taste. Heavier in texture, it was easy and light to drink. High alcohol volume, made it economical. Robust flavor that transcended the average beer. Exquisite choice for any occasion.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch