Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,653 |  Reviews: 631
2.81/5  rDev +23.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

3.14/5  rDev +38.3%

Just got this brew the other day and needless to say I was pleasantly surprised. I love blueberries and that pretty much sums up this sweet tasting beer. Not for beer snobs for sure though. Pours a small foam head with the appearance of grape juice. Lots of blueberries hit you first with a tasty cereal malt on the backside. Plain and simple, it's a refreshing beer for those looking for something fruity and satisfying. And at 8% abv, you can take it seriously :)

1.08/5  rDev -52.4%

2.25/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

My favorite beer. I didn’t used to like beer, but Wild Blue changed that! Wild Blue has 8% ABV, lower ABV beers don’t taste right. They taste like water!

1.13/5  rDev -50.2%

3.7/5  rDev +63%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I've always shied away from this beer, even though it appeals to my sweet tooth. But my wife bought some, so a review must be had! Pours very nice deep blue/purple with small white head. Stays carbonated throughout. Smells faintly of blueberry with a mix of malt. Tastes a bit like blueberry juice, but didn't really care for what I call a "beer aftertaste". Alcohol is well hidden, as I wouldn't guess this to be an 8% brew. End of the day, I think the beer is a bit under rated. It is what it says on the label, and that isn't bad in my book

4.1/5  rDev +80.6%

1.65/5  rDev -27.3%

Does not taste great.

2.25/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.54/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

2.58/5  rDev +13.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Heavy blueberry with a biscuit, cracked follow thru. Not the best beer and lacks the balance of other blueberry beers.

Taste rating in words: Bowl of blueberries with cracker crumble on top.

3.74/5  rDev +64.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.58/5  rDev +13.7%

4.11/5  rDev +81.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Honestly, someone once told me to not buy this because it tasted like cough syrup.... against their recommendation, I got this and was very happy I did. Since then, I have purchased several of these. The overall rating on here isn't what this beer deserves. If you chug too much, you'll be left feeling full, thats about my only negative thing I can say. But I for one love blueberries, so this is great. It can be too sweet to some, but to me, it tastes just like a smooth, solid blueberry drink with alcohol. If you like blueberries, give this a try. If you don't, stay away.

4.42/5  rDev +94.7%

2.65/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

2.44/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.25

4.94/5  rDev +117.6%

Seriously this beer does not have the rating it deserves! This is one of my fav beers, it's not too light, and not too heavy, and not too sweet. If you are looking for a flavorful beer (not IPA bitter) but legit flavor, this is a great choice!

The people who have rated this are obvi legit hardcore beer drinkers that don't like flavored beer, I've been drinking beer for a long time, but my taste buds are not favorable to the hoppy beers. I don't like fruity beers usually either because they are too sweet, but this beer is perfect. It's not too sweet and still has a bit of a beer flavor, but at the same time tastes like blueberry muffins! It's really good and high alcohol content, so if you're a woman and like flavored beer it's a great choice, but still manly enough for a man.

But seriously, if you're buying a blueberry beer and you want it to taste like blueberries this is the one! The reviews that say it smelled too strong or was purple in color or it tasted like blueberry syrup.... duh!... it's a fucking blueberry beer! What else would you want it to taste like?! Lol

1.12/5  rDev -50.7%

I wish I had looked at BA ratings before buying this. I literally made this account to warn others away. I didn't realize it was made by AB beforehand or I wouldn't have purchased it.

It smelled like artificial blueberry even though the bottle says natural flavors. The flavor is like blueberry syrup with a hint of beer. It even felt like a thin syrup in my mouth. This would be more suited to being poured over pancakes. I like beer and I like the occasional sweet fruity drink, but this couldn't pass as either. Congrats AB, you have sold me my first drain pour. I've tried many beers and this was the first that was utterly undrinkable.

The only reason this isn't a solid 1 is because I gave it a 3 in "look". I couldn't properly assess the look because I drank it from the bottle.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch