Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

Ratings: 1,642 |  Reviews: 628
2.65/5  rDev +16.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

2.44/5  rDev +7.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 2.25

4.94/5  rDev +117.6%

Seriously this beer does not have the rating it deserves! This is one of my fav beers, it's not too light, and not too heavy, and not too sweet. If you are looking for a flavorful beer (not IPA bitter) but legit flavor, this is a great choice!

The people who have rated this are obvi legit hardcore beer drinkers that don't like flavored beer, I've been drinking beer for a long time, but my taste buds are not favorable to the hoppy beers. I don't like fruity beers usually either because they are too sweet, but this beer is perfect. It's not too sweet and still has a bit of a beer flavor, but at the same time tastes like blueberry muffins! It's really good and high alcohol content, so if you're a woman and like flavored beer it's a great choice, but still manly enough for a man.

But seriously, if you're buying a blueberry beer and you want it to taste like blueberries this is the one! The reviews that say it smelled too strong or was purple in color or it tasted like blueberry syrup.... duh!... it's a fucking blueberry beer! What else would you want it to taste like?! Lol

1.12/5  rDev -50.7%

I wish I had looked at BA ratings before buying this. I literally made this account to warn others away. I didn't realize it was made by AB beforehand or I wouldn't have purchased it.

It smelled like artificial blueberry even though the bottle says natural flavors. The flavor is like blueberry syrup with a hint of beer. It even felt like a thin syrup in my mouth. This would be more suited to being poured over pancakes. I like beer and I like the occasional sweet fruity drink, but this couldn't pass as either. Congrats AB, you have sold me my first drain pour. I've tried many beers and this was the first that was utterly undrinkable.

The only reason this isn't a solid 1 is because I gave it a 3 in "look". I couldn't properly assess the look because I drank it from the bottle.

1.56/5  rDev -31.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 2

Absolutely disgusting.

1.5/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

2.27/5  rDev 0%

L: It is loaded with blueberries that tint the beer brilliant blue and give the 1" foam cap a blue tint with fair retention.

S; It smells like something you could put on pancakes.

T: there is not a lot of beer here - it is like drinking a blueberry soda with a faint hint of biscuit.

F: It has a medium light body and medium carbonation.

O: If you like a blueberry twist Nu-Grape Soda you will really like this beer. If you like beer you probably will not.

2.31/5  rDev +1.8%

Strong blueberry flavor and almost no resemblance to beer at all.

One and done. . .

3.53/5  rDev +55.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 3

2.55/5  rDev +12.3%

If you like sweet, fruity beers, then this lager smells and looks the part. Unfortunately, it does not taste the part. It has a fruit flavor similar to that of cough syrup.

I didn't read too much of the label when I bought this, i just saw "lager" and "8%." I had no idea it was brewed by AB otherwise I probably would not have got this. I also wasn't expecting the blueberry to be so strong.

When I poured it in a glass the smell filled the room and it doesn't smell good. It's a dark purple color and tastes like cough medicine. I'd drink an Old Milwaukee any day over this garbage.

3.13/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.9/5  rDev +27.8%
look: 2 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

2.26/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

4.46/5  rDev +96.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

2.33/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.25

1.46/5  rDev -35.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.23/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 2.25

2.94/5  rDev +29.5%

4.76/5  rDev +109.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

I find this beer delightful and refreshing. It's a perfect summertime beer. To me, it's a beer that makes a good base for mixed drinks adding an extra kick of flavor and an alcohol punch to fruity cocktail drinks. Mix it with a double jigger of Jim Beam Vanilla Bourbon over some ice makes for a kicking bit of drinking deliciousness.

2.18/5  rDev -4%

I don't know what impulsed me to pick this one up. I've had a few brews with blueberries before but the blueberries were quite subtle, I knew that was not going to be the case here. It's disgusting, just drinkable enough to save it from the sink. Take a pint of Budweiser and liberally pour generic blueberry dessert syrup into it. Presto. "Wild Blue". Thick, dark purple, heavily carbonated and painfully sweet. I'd rather have a cheap can of artificial berry flavored malt liquor. If that's what you're looking for than this may hit the spot. I didn't realize it was produced by AB. I wouldn't have took a second look. Absolutely ridiculous it's priced like a proper craft beer.

2.45/5  rDev +7.9%

Pours a dark red color. 1/5 inch head of an off-pink color. Poor retention and decent lacing. Smells of strong medicinal fruit, pale malt, slight sweet malt, and alcohol. Fits the style of a Fruit / Vegetable beer. Mouth feel is sharp and crisp, with an average carbonation level. Tastes of pale malt, slight sweet malt, alcohol, and medicinal fruit flavor. Overall, weak appearance, lacking complexity (body, aroma, and blend), medicinal aspects are quite the detriment.

4.49/5  rDev +97.8%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch