Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

Ratings: 1,626 |  Reviews: 624
1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

3.5/5  rDev +61.3%

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%

2.73/5  rDev +25.8%

Having not drank many fruit beers, I don't have much to judge this beer on other than what others have said or the fact that A-B makes it. But its pretty darn good! Remove the fact that it says beer and pretend its an alcoholic concoction of some sorts and it is very tasty. It has no hop aroma or bitterness, very little head or lacing so just throw an ice cube or two in it and just enjoy a sweet fruit drink.

4.11/5  rDev +89.4%

I was actually afraid to try this beer after reading so many bad reviews of it. I imagined it as "thick" and "syrupy". Descriptions made it sound horrible. I finally read a quote of someone saying it was like "between a beer and a wine". That intrigued me because I love wine. I love blueberries. I ignored the bad reviews and took the plunge. I LOVE this beer! It is different! It does have a sweetnesss to it, but it is not the thick syrupy taste, just a light sweet flavor. It does remind me of a wine more than a beer. The flavor is pleasing, light, with a fruitiness that tastes good. Unlike most beers, it has a pretty color of what you would expect from a blueberry beverage, a definite purple. It has a two finger head that does dissipate. Although I resisted even sampling this beer, it has become my favorite! I am wondering since it actually is made from blueberry juice, if any of the healthy anthocyanins remain in the beer? If so, it would be a health beverage as well as just an enjoyable one.

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%