Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

Ratings: 1,621 |  Reviews: 621
1.8/5  rDev -17.1%

3.56/5  rDev +64.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.48/5  rDev +60.4%

4.86/5  rDev +124%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

A creatively, cultured, brew with a unique taste. Heavier in texture, it was easy and light to drink. High alcohol volume, made it economical. Robust flavor that transcended the average beer. Exquisite choice for any occasion.

2.25/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.5/5  rDev +61.3%

If you want a blueberry tastey beer this is a good choice.

1.76/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Looks like your usual AAL beer except this one has blueberries that impact the color, and an obnoxious fusel alcohol aspect. Heavy carbonation on this one. Aroma was boozy blueberries.

Taste is like dad's boilermaker. Rubbing alcohol. Massive sugary aspect. 6 row doesn't sustain everything going on in here. Brutal stuff for which I see no time under the sun when I would ever want this or to subject anyone I know to it.

2.69/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.75

2.75/5  rDev +26.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.6/5  rDev +65.9%

You can't approach this like a normal beer, and I won't rate it like one. Technically, it's a beer, but it tastes more like hard blueberry soda than beer. Blueberry flavor and aroma is dominant, but not as artificial as I expected. There is almost no hop presence, but also no real off-flavors. The appearance is a clear blue and quite impressive, actually, though the pinkish head disappears quickly. Overall, this is a great party beer, but not something I would drink as an evening sipper.

1.12/5  rDev -48.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

4.37/5  rDev +101.4%

2.94/5  rDev +35.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.4/5  rDev +56.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.16/5  rDev -0.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

2.89/5  rDev +33.2%

Blueberry crunk juice basically. Good if u want to get mashed on something that is crazy sweet but low in carbonation. Also it's an overall strange color. They shouldn't have copied the design aesthetic from flying dog.

1.68/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.86/5  rDev +31.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

12 oz bottle.
Dark purple-blue body is clear and topped but a pinkish-white head.
Fruity smell of berries including blueberries.
Flavor: sweet, berry-like flavor with blueberries; overly sweet.

Overall: not good but not entirely awful either.

4.03/5  rDev +85.7%

4.44/5  rDev +104.6%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Man! I thought I was a beer snob until I read some of these Wild Blue reviews! I like the darker porters and stouts, generally with a nutty w/ a little chocolate and/or coffee. I like it stout and I like it ice cold. It pains me to drink a lite beer; who was the a$$h0le that came up with that crap... musta been someone trying to get their waist line back down to last year's jeans... you know... like me...

Don't know how I ran across Wild Blue but after the first one, I was hooked! Yeah, probably a little too strong fruity but, I immediately had a recollection of drinking a Grape Nehi when I was a kid. But, 2 or 3 of these things and you got a buzz going - groovy.

But really, beer critiques are so subjective. For the snobs here who blast this beer as crap, I say try it... like after you just finished mowing a couple of acres or, just to kick start the evening. Cold, refreshing, sweet and fruity. It taste more like beer to me that the wine coolers some reviewers have compared it to. Has a beer finish that wine coolers don't. AND, this couldn't be my main beer but, it definitely has a place in my fridge for those certain times I need a kick in the ass.

For some of the beer snobs, your beer probably tastes like crap to a lot of beer drinkers too. To each taste bud, his own!! Cheers.

3.35/5  rDev +54.4%

This beer surprised me--I went into it expecting a lager with mild blueberry overtones. When I poured it (bottle to pint glass), it came out a startling purple, and immediately smelled of blueberries. First sip impression: What the heck? No lager flavor, no real beer flavor, almost overpoweringly blueberry sweet. After setting it down for a minute and coming back to it with that taste in my mind I actually enjoyed Wild Blue. Think of it as a soft drink or an almost-lambic and you'll be in a better state of mind to enjoy it. For what it is, I enjoyed it. If I'm in the mood for a beer, I'm not going to drink this. If I'm in the mood for a light, sweet drink, I wouldn't turn this one down.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch