Wild Blue | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Wild Blue is a blueberry lager that fuses the juice of nature’s perfect fruit – blueberries – with premium American and German hops, two row and six-row barley malt and cereal grains. Wild Blue has a full taste with a pleasant blueberry aroma and flavor, and contains 8% ABV.

Added by Todd on 09-27-2005

Liked:
2.26/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,633 |  Reviews: 626
2.75/5  rDev +21.7%

4.98/5  rDev +120.4%

This beer has a smooth blue berry flavor. It smells really good, it is not heavy it kind of has a malt taste. At least I think it does. It is a great beer for no matter what time of the year. It is a beer that I like to come home sit back and relax and enjoy after a long hard day at work. I definitely would recommend this beer to friends and family.

2.5/5  rDev +10.6%

1.5/5  rDev -33.6%

2.89/5  rDev +27.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

yeah this is pretty bad, but its nowhere near as bad as it is rated on here. a deep royal blue hued purple drink with a stained purple short white head, great looks, more like a grape juice or red wine, but still, deep and inviting. the nose is a mix of cheap high gravity lager and blueberry puree. its like that blueberry syrup you get at dennys for your pancakes, sweet and sticky, but not super artificial. the flavor isn't that bad either, all blueberry on the front end, at the expense of being beer, which is okay, because the base beer is pretty brutal. i get some metal and some extract sweetness, corn sugar, nothing real pleasant from the base beer, and the finish is extremely boozy, but the combination of the alcohol and sugar really charges me up. i would never buy this, but i can see its appeal, and unlike the clamato stuff they do, this one doesn't make me cringe and hurl every time i even look at it.

2.65/5  rDev +17.3%

Not a big fan of Wild Blue. Way too sweet for me. If you like really sweet, fruity beers, then give it a try. If you don't like them, then spend your money on a better beer. Surprisingly, it is 8% ABV, but I would not have guessed it drinking it. Regardless, I won't be buying this one again.

2.5/5  rDev +10.6%

1.5/5  rDev -33.6%

3.5/5  rDev +54.9%

1.15/5  rDev -49.1%

I had high hopes for this, but it was honestly terrible.

3.25/5  rDev +43.8%

1.75/5  rDev -22.6%

1.75/5  rDev -22.6%

1.85/5  rDev -18.1%

Looks like grape juice when poured. Especially when the head disappears. Sweet fruity smell (again, grape, I know it is supposed to be blueberry), but also some musty notes in there as well. Sweet berry favor. Blueberry flavor? Okay. I'll give you that. Some nuttyness in there as well. A Tart, astringent aftertaste. Tastes like an alcopop. If you want beer, this isn't it. A little thick and a bit sticky on the tongue, not bad (mouthfeel). Stupidly, I thought this was a Flying Dog creation. I thought, can't go wrong, it's Flying Dog. The label led me to believe so as it is very similar in style to the Flying Dog Beers. This to me is not a beer. I don't like this sort of beer anyway, and I think too many breweries are making fruit beers. I was all proud of myself for stepping away from the IPA's for this review. Guess what I'll be going back to next time?

4.75/5  rDev +110.2%

1.23/5  rDev -45.6%

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Like grape juice. A fuzzy purplish-white head recedes to a fine wisp to leave a ring around the edges with no lacing.

Aroma: Blueberry syrup with a good amount of champagne-like sweetness.

Taste: Sweet malts are mixed with sweetness from the blueberry juice/syrup/adjuncts to make a syrupy-sweet sugar bomb. The only "balance" is in the finish that is way too carbonated and sour with tart fruitiness.

Mouthfeel: Syrupy and carbonated.

Overall: Just didn't not enjoy the sweetness overload nor the blueberry component. Too much syrupy sweetness.

Wild Blue from Anheuser-Busch